HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:13 PM
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
2,811 Posts
Discussion
Advise for flying during Winter

I got hooked on RC heli's this Xmass; everyone on this site knows what happened next. Wrecked the first- a JXD350 clone of a clone. Bought the next a DH 9503 and during the learning/wrecking curve I have lost, modified, rebuilt, and upgraded parts to the point it can be flown outside in winds under 2mph. My training/snow gear consists of dowels, rubber bands, and practice wiffle golf balls. The dowels keep getting shorter as I am getting better at flying (my 2+S107G's help), but appears to me that some sort of snow landing gear will still be needed even if I ever get to the point of "sticking landings" consistently. I really do not have to worry about battery warmth as my heliport is right outside my door.

Any advise from those snowbirds?
jbrumberg is offline Find More Posts by jbrumberg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Improving Visibility
to remove ads between posts