Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Mini-Review
MIA Phantom Combo Kit - Genius CP

On 11/23/2012 I ordered the MIA Phantom Combo Kit for my Genius CP from MIA Microflight. The kit looks really nice and addresses some of the design problems with the Genius CP. It arrived on 12/10/2012

Link: http://www.micro-flight.com/Genius%20CP.htm

The kit cost 41.00 + shipping and includes:
- A more rigid frame
- Stronger landing gears
- An improved canopy
- Boom Supports

The kit comes unassembled. My first thought was that the quality of the kit was not worth the money. The decals were printed onto a piece of vinyl paper and were not perforated or cut. The parts were on a sheet of fiberglass that was punched, but still had to be removed and sanded. I was ok with all of this, but again, I thought the quality was a little under what I paid, if the kit would have been $19.99 I would have thought I got what I paid for.

I followed the directions and completed the assembly.

A few things that i did not like:
- You have to modify the origional frame by cuting the legs off and sanding the botom plate smooth.
- The new frame requires glue to hold itself together, but does not need to be glued to the helicopter.
- The boom supports and non functional stabilizer fin must be glued to the tail boom.
- The decals need to be cut, requiring a very steady hand.
- The canopy is not carbon fiber, it is just a carbon fiber print. It is actually plastic but more durable than stock.

What I do Like:
- The helicopter looks really cool.
- The structure is much stronger than stock.
- The helicopter has a wider stance and is hard to tip over.

The Problem:
- The extra parts ar so heavy the helicopter barely flies. I am still trying to tweak the throttle and pitch curves to get it a little better, but on a stock battery I got about 1min 30 seconds of controllable flight before the helicopter lost the ability to stay in the air. 3D is not an option, it flies like it has a heavy training gear on.
- I cannot just revert back to the origional without replacing the frame (because I followed the directions and cut it), and the boom (because I had to glue it).

My recommendation:
- Save your money, use it to buy parts when they break. I would not recommend that anyone buy this "upgrade".
- Dont bother trying to add constructive criticism on his YouTube channel because he deletes it.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Last edited by RFDelie; Dec 11, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:02 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
My recommendation:
- Save your money, use it to buy parts when they break. I would not recommend that anyone buy this "upgrade".
- Dont bother trying to add constructive criticism on his YouTube channel because he deletes it.
Yeah, saddly Mia looses too much time with his F# trikes ...
MasterXelaMM is offline Find More Posts by MasterXelaMM
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,546 Posts
Mario's stuff does look cool, but that's about it. He has been banned from this forum many times under many different names for continously spamming his products and then going nuts on anyone that dared to claim they didn't improve performance. He was also constantly being hit for no contact after the sale and making people wait forever to get their orders, despite him having plenty of time to spend on the forum all day spamming.

Most of his products are overpriced, overweight and do nothing but reduce performance as you have seen.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:31 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXelaMM View Post
Yeah, saddly Mia looses too much time with his F# trikes ...
his trikes? have a little read of this post if you have a moment...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=44
and particularly this one...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=44
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono