HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2014, 01:06 PM
United Kingdom, Melksham
Joined Sep 2013
81 Posts
Hi all, I have been flying my DLG on a 300mah 4.8v nimh. It is a fine setup and I like the ease of use the nimh have but I would like to move to 1s to have a good hour of flight per battery. I am looking to move to a 1s setup but have a few questions. I am thinking about getting a 1s 500 or 650mah with a jst connector that I have seen online. (this thread so far has been brilliant but been a noob a few little things allude me).

First question can I just swap the JST and put it straight to a servo connector or should I make a connector (i might have to depending on distance from RX)?

My next question is regarding charging. The only lipo charger I have came with the nano qx - would I be able to use this to charge these lipos if i made a micro connector to jst adapter? It has DC input:5.0v 350ma and output 4.2v 300ma.

If this is not suitable could anybody recommend a simple charger for 1s lipos 500mah+?

Thanks in advance everyone!
neiltmorris is offline Find More Posts by neiltmorris
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2014, 05:00 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined May 2004
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltmorris View Post
Hi all, I have been flying my DLG on a 300mah 4.8v nimh. It is a fine setup and I like the ease of use the nimh have but I would like to move to 1s to have a good hour of flight per battery. I am looking to move to a 1s setup but have a few questions. I am thinking about getting a 1s 500 or 650mah with a jst connector that I have seen online. (this thread so far has been brilliant but been a noob a few little things allude me).

First question can I just swap the JST and put it straight to a servo connector or should I make a connector (i might have to depending on distance from RX)?

My next question is regarding charging. The only lipo charger I have came with the nano qx - would I be able to use this to charge these lipos if i made a micro connector to jst adapter? It has DC input:5.0v 350ma and output 4.2v 300ma.

If this is not suitable could anybody recommend a simple charger for 1s lipos 500mah+?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Did you do any research? With 29 pages in this thread I'm surprised www.shread-rc.com hasn't been mentioned? Or maybe it has but you hadn't done any research yet?
I just came across them the other day but they seem like a no brainer. Built in smart switch, built in charger(you can charge it with another Lipo plugged directly to it!).
I'm ordering the 450mah unit for my steigeisen today...
Bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by Bodywerks
Old May 24, 2014, 05:55 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,408 Posts
There have been problems recently with ordering a Shread pack directly, from Shread RC, but not from Kennedy Composites in the USA....
The only other issue I have heard of is that sometimes the wiring coming from the pack have been worn through in the insulation. It warrants a caution to take a close look at that area. But that could be said with ANY wiring on any battery.
That being said, I have been happily flying on just plane 1S in my DLG since it was new. No problems so far, and a lot of capacity (1200ma, recharging 300 or so at 3.9V threshold).

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old May 24, 2014, 07:45 PM
Team JR
San Diego
Joined Feb 2002
1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Henriques View Post
Hi everyone, is anyone using the high voltage jr 188hv with a 1S setup or do you think I should change my servos

Thank you
Leo
The HV servos do not work on 1S.
Doug Cronkhite is offline Find More Posts by Doug Cronkhite
Old May 24, 2014, 09:10 PM
Joined Jul 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks View Post
Did you do any research? With 29 pages in this thread I'm surprised www.shread-rc.com hasn't been mentioned? Or maybe it has but you hadn't done any research yet?
I just came across them the other day but they seem like a no brainer. Built in smart switch, built in charger(you can charge it with another Lipo plugged directly to it!).
I'm ordering the 450mah unit for my steigeisen today...
Nice solution but you pay extra $45 per battery for the convenience.
sw3Dp is offline Find More Posts by sw3Dp