HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2014, 09:04 AM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,204 Posts
Great flying airplane! Good landing too. A lot of videos leave out that very important part of the flight.

Your ARES is nice. Do you launch with 2 hooks in RES?
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2014, 04:08 PM
a wing is enough
Germany
Joined Aug 2010
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
Your ARES is nice. Do you launch with 2 hooks in RES?
Hi Steve, thank you

I launch my ARES with a central hook, about 5 mm in front of CG.
My prototype is now after many repairs too heavy for RES-competition and the new ARES light without fuselage ist still under construction, therefore I use other applications of the prototype.
ARES slope in the Alps near Lake Garda:
ARES Gardasee (4 min 5 sec)

ARES soft-DS:
ARES Soft DS (3 min 41 sec)

Regards,

Uwe.
Tail Saw is offline Find More Posts by Tail Saw
Old Aug 04, 2014, 12:53 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,204 Posts
Uwe,
Nice videos.

Does it launch reasonably high with the hook forward? Mine had a bit of an issue coming off the line at the end if I used a normal zoom technique. I settled on just stepping off the winch pedal and flying off once tension relaxed. The launches were high if it didn't spin. That's why I asked about how many hooks you have. On some launches, I'd get a spin at about 40 feet. It would recover and fly off the line if I got off the winch. I crashed it in a contest because I was in 1st going in to the last flight. It spun and I tried unsuccessfully to recover without letting it come off the line.

I don't think I could talk the locals in to letting me fly a plane like this in RES. A plank with rudder and elevator is ok, but I'm not so sure about elevons.

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. I think I'll give my 2m wing another go.
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Last edited by Steve C; Aug 04, 2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 02:21 PM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Sorry for being an attention hog, but my onboard video needs more viewers. And as the Killer Hai is a hot little flying wing, I might as well post it here.
Killer Hai RC flying wing onboard camera - Nurflügel Pichler Killerhai (8 min 46 sec)
Hardy_Himmelhund is offline Find More Posts by Hardy_Himmelhund
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:40 PM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,244 Posts
Nicely done,I like those along the wing shots.How about some pics of the wing and build details.
Btw welcome to rcg
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46