New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2015, 09:42 AM
Find More Posts by seldredge
United States, CA, La Honda
Joined May 2014
310 Posts
Thanks. I considered the Allen wrench before I wrote, but was afraid doing that would ruin the ball ends. Will try a little heat.
seldredge is offline Find More Posts by seldredge
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2015, 09:59 AM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,037 Posts
I have not personally tried it, so be careful.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old May 03, 2015, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by jk6672
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
2,775 Posts
I use my EDS Allen driver, since the shaft is round, as leverage while twisting them on the pushrod.
jk6672 is offline Find More Posts by jk6672
Old May 03, 2015, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by daedalusrobert
United States, GA, Valdosta
Joined Jan 2009
674 Posts
I use a small length of control rod for the ball and drill the holes...I believe its a 2mm bit.
daedalusrobert is offline Find More Posts by daedalusrobert
Old Today, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by Maj.Duty
Joined Feb 2014
290 Posts
Posted similar in a PA thread too. Wondering if anyone has flown both PA and Extreme flight and which you prefer? Comparing similar models. I love them both and am trying to make up my mind between the two. Any input would be appreciated.
Maj.Duty is online now Find More Posts by Maj.Duty
Old Today, 11:47 AM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.Duty View Post
Posted similar in a PA thread too. Wondering if anyone has flown both PA and Extreme flight and which you prefer? Comparing similar models. I love them both and am trying to make up my mind between the two. Any input would be appreciated.
If you love them both, fly them both. It does not have to be either/or. I think most pilots like the feel of one brand over the other, but feel fortunate that you like and can enjoy both.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Today, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by Maj.Duty
Joined Feb 2014
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
If you love them both, fly them both. It does not have to be either/or. I think most pilots like the feel of one brand over the other, but feel fortunate that you like and can enjoy both.
For the cost of these planes I'd prefer to settle on one. Having both would be nice, though
Maj.Duty is online now Find More Posts by Maj.Duty
Old Today, 02:07 PM
Find More Posts by Luv3d
Honeybadger don't care...
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined May 2010
1,951 Posts
EF is solid, a bit more "weighty" than PA planes. Heavier planes mean bigger batts, but also more mass to carry through XA and 3D maneuvers.

I'm sure both do precision very well, but I have heard horror stories about repairing PA planes. I have found EF planes very easy to work on and repair with a reasonable time commitment as well as little to no degradation in appearance or performance.

EF planes perform beautifully and customer service is 2nd to NONE. That CS alone would make my choice an easy one- but you have to do what's right for you. Only person who knows that is you, Maj.Duty!

Best of luck with your choice(s)!
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Today, 02:14 PM
Find More Posts by Gregertman
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,400 Posts
If you like a plane that is extremely floaty, like an epp foamy just not as durable for low and slow 3D. Go for PA ( not my cup of tea) if you like a good mix of low and slow and big sky precision mixed with hardcore extreme aerobatics.(exactly what I like) Then pic your favorite EF plane and have a ball and you won't ever look back.
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman