New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM
Find More Posts by Stringer
Joined May 2013
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexraz View Post
I see. If frequency hoping would help, I might even consider OrangeRX UHF LRS. it does hoping on specified frequencies. They can just avoid the frequency they use on the radio.

I would need a separate channel for the gimbal controller. I don't know if that's possible with PPM to the FC.
I wouldn't trust the OrangeRx one. I had a set two years back and the range was really bad. If you choose OpenLRS, at least get the DTF UHF/HawkEye hardware. Since you will be using PPM to the FC, you should have enough extra ports on the Rx to control the gimbal.
Stringer is online now Find More Posts by Stringer
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:33 AM
Find More Posts by alexraz
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Apr 2014
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
I wouldn't trust the OrangeRx one. I had a set two years back and the range was really bad. If you choose OpenLRS, at least get the DTF UHF/HawkEye hardware. Since you will be using PPM to the FC, you should have enough extra ports on the Rx to control the gimbal.
I'm using Orange RX now. Pretty decent. Haven't maxed out the range with a home made turnstile and a diamond 433mhz Tx antenna. I've even FPVed from inside the house using a 40" tv hehehe. I'll test out what I have in the conditions the team needs them for. It's good to have options.

Thanks on the ports tip. I'll figure it out with the equipment I have now.
alexraz is offline Find More Posts by alexraz