HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:42 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
What past history is that? IIRC, I have claimed to have reported posts that were racist and one thread starter that was provoking another poster. Beyond that, I do not believe that you have any evidence of my reporting history. If you do, please bring it up.

Ends up your assumption was wrong. Arent you happy?
The past history of you saying I personally attacked in my post then me receiving a notice from a mod to edit it. Most can put two and two together and assume who reported it in these cases. It is not hard.

I said I don't have evidence of it. And that is the problem with this process. People can hide behind their reports. Are you saying you haven't reported me or that you only have not publicly claimed to have reported me ?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Dec 07, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:44 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Why assume that your post was reported only once?
Because most people don't care what one person says to someone else, especially on the Internet.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:48 PM
All under control, Grommit!
leccyflyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
I said I don't have evidence of it. And that is the problem with this process. People can hide behind their reports. Are you saying you haven't reported me or that you only have not publicly claimed to have reported me and thus your point of me me not having concrete evidence and an incorrect assumption ?
That is not a problem with the process. It is an intrinsic design feature of tye process. You do not typically tell someone who has committed a crime the identity of the person who called the cops. That is for sound reasons and the same goes for post reports.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:50 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
That is not a problem with the process. It is an intrinsic design feature of tye process. You do not typically tell someone who has committed a crime the identity of the person who called the cops. That is for sound reasons and the same goes for post reports.
Fine. In cases of actual crimes. But this is the Internet, not a murder case. And it encourages frivolous reporting to the point where mods have had to give points against the reporter for BS reporting.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Because most people don't care what one person says to someone else, especially on the Internet.
It's a fact that on occasion in the past, multiple posters have claimed responsibility for reporting a given post, so I think your theory needs work.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:53 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Because most people don't care what one person says to someone else, especially on the Internet.
That doesn't explain the "Report Ninja" who apparently cares a lot about posts not directed at him/her.

And it doesn't explain Will Haney.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:53 PM View Post
DenverJayhawk
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:55 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
I said "most" cases. My theory needs no work. And you even said on "occasion". The only thing that needs more work is your epidemis.
I'm not too sure what an epidemis is. When/if I find it, I'll get right on it.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:58 PM
Smoke & Fire
Naja Kaouthia's Avatar
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Fine. In cases of actual crimes. But this is the Internet, not a murder case. And it encourages frivolous reporting to the point where mods have had to give points against the reporter for BS reporting.
This is the first time ive ever seen you be correct in an issue. You are dead on we need to know who is doing the bogus reporting at least the reports that do not result in an infraction.
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:58 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
I'm not too sure what an epidemis is. When/if I find it, I'll get right on it.
Already corrected it before you replied. iPhone has a tendency to auto correct.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:59 PM
All under control, Grommit!
leccyflyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Fine. In cases of actual crimes. But this is the Internet, not a murder case. And it encourages frivolous reporting to the point where mods have had to give points against the reporter for BS reporting.
The most cursory glance at the number of points awarded in amy one time window would indicate that points for obnoxious reporting are a rare phenomenon. It is deliciously ironic that in several cases those points have been awarded against some of those who have complained most loudly about the reporting system and what they see as malicious reporting.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:00 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Already corrected it before you replied.
Actually the fact that your misspell was in my quote, says no, it wasn't. You have a 5 minute grace period to edit your post before the editing is mentioned.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:03 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
This is the first time ive ever seen you be correct in an issue. You are dead on we need to know who is doing the bogus reporting at least the reports that do not result in an infraction.
Wow. I'm hurt you think I've not been correct. How's that Democrat Racism jewel of a thread that you started?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:04 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Actually the fact that your misspell was in my quote, says no, it wasn't. You have a 5 minute grace period to edit your post before the editing is mentioned.
Wrong again. I corrected it seconds after it was posted.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:04 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
You are dead on we need to know who is doing the bogus reporting at least the reports that do not result in an infraction.
If the Mods think that you are frivolously or maliciously reporting posts, you will be warned, and that becomes public on the "Infractions page". What more do you need to know?

Sometimes, it's a case of misunderstanding the rules. You really want to reveal an honest mistake or difference of opinion?
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion This Week's Most Understated Headline herrmill Life, The Universe, and Politics 39 Jul 12, 2012 04:04 PM
Yippee! OMG this is the most I've laughed in ages! Teamsherman Australia 2 Apr 23, 2012 05:08 PM
Discussion Boat Chase(Most Fun u Will Ever Have With Your Boat) celuffka Dock Talk 0 Apr 14, 2012 06:14 PM
Discussion Where did most of this forum go? aaron_jeffrey Free Flight 2 Feb 26, 2011 01:52 PM