HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 23, 2014, 09:25 PM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Australia, VIC, Eurobin
Joined Jul 2014
188 Posts
Wondering if KISS ESC could be used as a DeFib machine

On a completely different note ~
Here's what I'm working on as Headlights, not for WQ tho, way too heavy.
They light up everything like daylight @ 50 meters
Adjustable Pololu type BEC inside set @ 4V.

Nice Vid Moto Moto, no Gopro's there.

BTW the torches were mini ones, ues a 14500 LI-ion Cell.
Too Many Toys is offline Find More Posts by Too Many Toys
Last edited by Too Many Toys; Oct 23, 2014 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:48 PM
Team WarpSquad
EArHog's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
3,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys View Post
EH, what Operating System on the laptop ?
Sorry to dredge up old stuff. I'm scrolling through the pages looking for a photo and came across this old post.

The problem getting MWConfig GUI to open on my hand-me-down laptop was finally resolved when my computer tech friend installed a different version of the operating system (32 bit). I'm like wow. Them guys is amazing who knows that computer stuff.
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Last edited by EArHog; Oct 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:43 PM
Team WarpSquad
Côte d'Ivoire
Joined Jun 2012
1,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Yeah it did a number on me. Almost 40 and it still messes with me. Don't get me wrong he's a good guy but he was raised by a father similar to him. I have some of the same tendencies but I direct it more at myself than other people. He can definitely keep up with the computer and texting. He likes technology.
Patterns like this are self-perpetuating from one generation to the next, unless we realize what is happening and work to break the pattern. With that said, I firmly believe that all parents do the best they can, within those generational constraints.

Quote:
Did you ever get your warpquad airborne and find a place to fly there?
I did find a good place to fly. However, I still haven't gotten my Warpquad airborne. In a twist of irony, I'm back in the States for a few weeks, and brought along the Warpquad to try to maiden it here. Unfortunately, there are even more distractions here keeping me from meeting my own expectation of getting it airborne, flying a lot, and becoming a better acro pilot. Boo hoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI27 View Post
I've been following this thread and have a really big smile on my face.

Brainstorm,
Smile getting bigger....
Respect your elders... Someday you'll be setting expectations.
BTW some of us parents love keeping up with technology. Why else would I be following your exploits ???
DJI27: I'm delighted that our bantering brought a smile to your face. Your post made me feel younger than I am and, in turn, brought a smile to my face.

I love and respect my elders, more so now that I can watch them have a second go at (grand-) parenting. While I set expectations for my kids, I try very hard to do it in a nurturing and open-minded way. Their future therapy needs will tell whether or not I managed to spare them some of the trauma that prior generations inflicted on their offspring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArHog View Post
(Moo U?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Moto View Post
It was originally an agricultural and mechanical college. There are lots of cows up there. Fortunately, else I never would have had a date.
Too funny, EArHog and Moto Moto! Reminds me of my alma mater's main rivals, the Purple Cows.
Brainstorm is offline Find More Posts by Brainstorm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2014, 08:13 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2013
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
. . . .

DJI27: I'm delighted that our bantering brought a smile to your face. Your post made me feel younger than I am and, in turn, brought a smile to my face.

I love and respect my elders, more so now that I can watch them have a second go at (grand-) parenting. While I set expectations for my kids, I try very hard to do it in a nurturing and open-minded way. Their future therapy needs will tell whether or not I managed to spare them some of the trauma that prior generations inflicted on their offspring.
+1^10

All we can do as parents is to try... making (and regretting) mistakes is a good thing... it means something's been learned.

Above all, spending time with your family and just saying I love you is the best way mitigate the whole "trauma" thing.

Following this thread is (and will continue to be) a fun experience for me. There are some really good guys (& gals??) hanging out here...
DJI27 is offline Find More Posts by DJI27
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM
Team WarpSquad
EArHog's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
3,971 Posts
I'm stuck! My WQ isn't flying well and I don't know how to fix it.

The MotoWarp is still flying beautifully. And the FlipWQ was flying beautifully too just last weekend. But now it runs ragged. It reminds me of a V8 car engine with a couple of bad sparkplugs.

A couple of weeks ago I changed the LPF frequency to stock value (256hz, I think) and lowered TPA in MultiWii. The WQ was flying great with that setup. Today it flies like crap. I tried putting LPF back to 98 hz, because I couldn't think of anything else. As expected, that didn't help.

I put a Mobius on the WQ to record the bad sound. Oddly it is easier for me to hear the badness from the ground. About all I could hear from the on-board cam was that the RPM at WOT was way too low. From the ground I hear the low RPM together with sputtering (like bad sparkplugs).

Oh, and the motors get warm. Last weekend they ran cool.

Can you give me something to try? I'm stumped.
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Australia, VIC, Eurobin
Joined Jul 2014
188 Posts
EH it could one of a hundred things.

Could be a dry joint or loose MOSFET on an ESC from being smacked.
Try checking the ESC where that LED fell off the other day
Too Many Toys is offline Find More Posts by Too Many Toys
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM
Firmware Fiend
The Quasar's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2013
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EArHog View Post
I'm stuck! My WQ isn't flying well and I don't know how to fix it.

The MotoWarp is still flying beautifully. And the FlipWQ was flying beautifully too just last weekend. But now it runs ragged. It reminds me of a V8 car engine with a couple of bad sparkplugs.

A couple of weeks ago I changed the LPF frequency to stock value (256hz, I think) and lowered TPA in MultiWii. The WQ was flying great with that setup. Today it flies like crap. I tried putting LPF back to 98 hz, because I couldn't think of anything else. As expected, that didn't help.

I put a Mobius on the WQ to record the bad sound. Oddly it is easier for me to hear the badness from the ground. About all I could hear from the on-board cam was that the RPM at WOT was way too low. From the ground I hear the low RPM together with sputtering (like bad sparkplugs).

Oh, and the motors get warm. Last weekend they ran cool.

Can you give me something to try? I'm stumped.
Are the bearings in good shape? Grub screws seated all the way in? Are all the motor screws fastened securely? I've had screws come loose that caused the quad to sound like it had a fouling sparkplug.
The Quasar is online now Find More Posts by The Quasar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Cap-bill Mobius Mount
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
EArHog's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
3,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys View Post
EH it could one of a hundred things.

Could be a dry joint or loose MOSFET on an ESC from being smacked.
Try checking the ESC where that LED fell off the other day
Good one. Thanks. (I can't recall which WQ it was, but I'll check anyway)
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Team WarpSquad
EArHog's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
3,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quasar View Post
Are the bearings in good shape? Grub screws seated all the way in? Are all the motor screws fastened securely? I've had screws come loose that caused the quad to sound like it had a fouling sparkplug.
Funny about bearings. I was flying the MotoWarp this afternoon - hard! I got one battery back that went to 150 degrees even as I was holding it. But about 7 seconds into the next flight the quad suddenly tumbled from the sky. I thought it had tossed the battery. Nope, pack was still there. But I grabbed one of the motors and it was so hot it almost blistered me. Pretty sure it's bearings in that one.

Edit - nope... I just pulled the bell. Windings are toast. KISS looks okay. Fingers crossed on that.
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Last edited by EArHog; Yesterday at 10:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM
Team WarpSquad
EArHog's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
3,971 Posts
Y'all got me to thinkin'... The WQ motors are warm after a minute's flight. I am pretty sure they're all equally warm. If that's the case, that tidbit might eliminate some of those hundred possibilities.
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM
Team WarpSquad
EArHog's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
3,971 Posts
I was just about to solder a new motor back on the MotoWarp when I noticed this oddity (ref. pic). There are some itty bitty parts that are missing and/or misaligned just next to the yellow servo wire.

Two Questions - would I be foolish to connect the new motor to this ESC after I just pulled a fried motor off of it? And is there a safe way to check the ESC without risking a whole new motor?

p.s. The heat shrink in that area didn't seem distressed. I wonder how them little KISS parts got all screwed up like that. (maybe they've been like that for a while and I just didn't notice until now - ???)
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Qx9 carbon fiber acro fpv quad awdspider Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 14 Jun 06, 2014 05:12 PM
New Product Phoenix Flight Gear 242 Carbon Fiber Flight Ring for Acro/FPV Z06 Tony Mini Multirotors 13 Apr 14, 2014 08:34 PM
Sold Warpquad 230mm Acro nate25j Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Apr 14, 2014 06:25 AM
New Product Phoenix Flight Gear 328 Flight Ring Carbon Fiber Frame For FPV/Acro Z06 Tony Multirotor Talk 3 Jan 22, 2014 07:50 PM
Discussion Quadcopter with FPV in Acro or Level Mode ? dezeubby Multirotor Electronics 10 Dec 15, 2013 08:13 AM