HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:23 AM
United States, NJ, Pedricktown
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
Help!
Blade NANO CPX

Hi everyone, sure could use some help here. I have purchased a Blade NANO CPX micro heli and after a few hard landings the receiver chip located on the bottom right hand side of the front circuit board appears to have a bad or cold solder joint. The heli is very hard to bind up to the Spectrum Dx6i transmitter and once it's bound up the light on the receiver keeps going out and shutting down the receiver. I have to touch the receiver chip on the circuit board and push on it to get it to come back on. I haven't had this problem with any of the other Blade heli's, even after some bad crashes. Something is bad on these NANO's from the factory, something is weak. Horizon doesn't want to back this problem with their product for a free circuit board replacement, they said I have to pay for another one, doesn't seem fair. Has anyone else had this problem or can someone help me with a quick fix on how to keep tension on this receiver chip? Any help would sure be appreciated. Not very happy with this product!!! Thanks for any help!
Jack1950 is offline Find More Posts by Jack1950
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:33 AM
RC Heli Addict
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Mar 2013
235 Posts
Unfortunately this is a problem that happens with the Nano's. If HH won't replace the board under warranty due to it being crash damage then the best thing to do is send it to Mega's and he'll fix you right up for $25.00. I've had the same problem with a Nano board and sent it to him and he repaired it. As you'll see in these forums he's very well known for his services and does great work.
shaun.evans09 is offline Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
Old Apr 30, 2014, 01:53 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,702 Posts
Mega's does good work. Possible coat of silicone over chip ?
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Apr 30, 2014, 03:47 PM
HELICOPTER SWAGG
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2013
458 Posts
+1

It's most likely the board. I'd try and call HH one more time and see if someone else will send a new one. I'd explain how long you've had it and hopefully they will be kind enough to replace it. I've had one rep deny me once and I called back and spoke to someone else and they sent a free one. I don't think a few crashes should cause the board to go bad, especially if the canopy doesn't fly off or break during the crash. It's there to protect the board and unless your flying without your canopy this shouldn't happen in my opinion. I've crashed nanos 50 times that never had a board issue so to me that's quality of workmanship.
yours truly is offline Find More Posts by yours truly
Old Apr 30, 2014, 04:08 PM
Groovin', not fishin'
United States, CA, Twain Harte
Joined Feb 2014
396 Posts
+1 on the PC board and a probably cold solder joint. If you don't feel comfortable soldering and don't have a very low wattage soldering iron, I'd leave the repair to HH or to Mega's.

Steve
bassman12350 is offline Find More Posts by bassman12350
Old Apr 30, 2014, 04:59 PM
Joined Feb 2014
70 Posts
whats megas website?
Jaxxx is offline Find More Posts by Jaxxx
Old Apr 30, 2014, 05:35 PM
RC Heli Addict
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Mar 2013
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
whats megas website?
http://www.megasmicros.com/
shaun.evans09 is offline Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
Old May 01, 2014, 09:39 AM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
Thank you very much everyone! I will try HH again and if they won't help I'll send the board to Megas and get it taken care of. If they still won't take care of this, I'm about done with HH and their faulty products that they refuse to stand behind. Thanks again!!
Old May 01, 2014, 11:21 AM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
OK, called and spoke to a different rep at HH and explained that the minor crashes were no fault of mine, they were due to the receiver shutting off in the air and the heli just falling to the ground. There was a binding problem right out of the box when it was brand new. It must have been a QA problem with some of these Nano heli's. Anyhow, he was very nice about it and will send me a new board as a courtesy. I have been a customer of HH for many years and have regained my faith in them. Sometimes just explaining all the fine details of a problem to the right person helps. Thank you "yours truly" for some good advice and to everyone else for the assistance in finding a good repair shop, just in case !!!
Old May 01, 2014, 11:50 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,702 Posts
Glad they were of help. Mega's does a good job and folks who have them fixed are having less issue with boards. Problem is EPA and leadless solder. not really HH fault, tree huggers in action.

I had one servo and tiny retaing brass inset on top of servo came off. Thus l;oist pitch servo. took one off an old Mcp-x servo and later put bird back together.
since servo is out and have brandy new bl upgrade kit...> guess what ? #2 Nano will be bl also. might just install bl rig I wired up for my Genius c/p.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04