HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2014, 01:24 PM
Joined Feb 2014
6 Posts
Help!
3d unbreakable

Hey guys iam new to the forum and glad to be with you all.

I'm looking for a website that is selling "U can do 3d" foam unbreakable.
or any 3d plane that is using unbreakable foam,
Please let me know if anyone knows a good website

Thanks
3d_lover is offline Find More Posts by 3d_lover
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2014, 02:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2014
150 Posts
You are looking for a durable 3D trainer right? Becoz your name is 3D lover and i am a private detective
Look for any EPP 3D model, these can be in a profile design or conventional round fuselage design.
Dwayn is offline Find More Posts by Dwayn
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 25, 2014, 03:07 PM
Joined Feb 2014
6 Posts
Thanks Dwayn please check this out, thats what i mean

U-Can-Do-3D - SN Hobbies (5 min 33 sec)
Old Feb 25, 2014, 04:05 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,739 Posts
This plane appears to be discontinued. If all you are looking for is durability you do have a lot of options to choose from other than just this one. Try looking at some of the epp profiles. If you nose it in or rip the epp all you have to do is add some welders glue, or any of the other glues that work with epp and you're back in the air in no time.There are lots of good, and I'll go out on a limb here, and better fying planes out there in the market today that will advance your skills. Just my opinion mind you. Good luck and welcome.
Heres a few sites to look through,
http://twistedhobbys.com/
http://www.rcbaron.com/
http://usa.wattaplane.com/shop/default.asp
http://www.rcplanebuilder.com/rc-pla...4qkl563vn2ve02
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Last edited by stevelmaa; Feb 25, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 04:11 PM
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Sep 2012
181 Posts
hi there
unbreakable has to be an overstatement. a realy flexible 400g plus plane still will carry all that mass into the ground and tare at some point. motor mounts and prop shafts will be issue as well. the most durable and most capable air-frame will be in the 32 inch range, made made with 6-9mm epp with a profile fuse. the sweet spot for durability would be around 160g. hevyer will need more fixing. if you want to buy a kit; wmparkflyers, fancyfoam,rcplanebuilder or twisted hobbys.
good luck.
mattnat is offline Find More Posts by mattnat
Old Feb 25, 2014, 05:39 PM
I do this for fun!
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
1,197 Posts
Hi 3d_lover

I have just chosen a Griffwerks EPP foamy as my trainer. After looking at a lot of YouTube vids of all the planes mentioned so far, I went this way because the Griffwerks MX appears to be the floatiest and so I hope it will give me more time to react as I learn. Also, there are vids of this plane being flown and crashed by beginners and it seems to be doing a good job for them.

The final thing that made my decision is that Lou at Griffwerks has been prompt and very helpful and it's a rare pleasure to deal with someone like that.

All the planes seem good, I don't think you'll go wrong whichever you choose.

Cheers

Ken
skyboyken is offline Find More Posts by skyboyken
Old Feb 25, 2014, 06:00 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
No airplane is going to be indestructible, you build one to fly not crash. I've seen that U-Can't-Do-3D break easily before, not a good flying airplane IMO.

Any of the 30-40" 3D EPP foamies is going to be your best bet, but do keep in mind an airplane will only take so much abuse before it will inevitably break..
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Feb 26, 2014, 06:43 AM
Fly Low!!!! No Sked.
Joined Oct 2011
51 Posts
EPP strong...

Epp is the way to go. EPP planes, (twisted hobbys) found me about two years ago and they have been my go to planes for 3d flying ever since. Im not a great pilot so the smaller 30-39" planes has really taken care off me by being "nearly" un breakable. Here is a little vid of my 1 1/2 year old 30" pitts from Twisted Hobbys. You welcomed to look at my other EPP plane vids too.
Twisted Hobbys Crack pitts Hawaii Island (crooked wings, Still fly's) (5 min 56 sec)
AirHermit is offline Find More Posts by AirHermit
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:38 PM
Joined Feb 2014
6 Posts
Thank you guys for your responses
Old Feb 26, 2014, 02:36 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
The U Can Do 3D is based off of one of the first EPP foam planes that hit this forum way back in the early 2000's. the SX2. I had one of them and it is what I started learning 3D with. They can tear in a few spots but the SX2 kits have fiber tape already applied in these areas. They are pretty indestructible because they can fold every which way. But they don't fly very precise either for that very reason. But if you're just looking to learn slow 3D maneuvers like hovering and harrier they are nice.

Dragonfly has them on clearance for $10, but shipping might be high because they come fully assembled.

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...AIRPLANES.html
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old Feb 27, 2014, 05:52 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khen View Post

Dragonfly has them on clearance for $10, but shipping might be high because they come fully assembled.
Nice find. I had one of the SK3's for a while, it was a fun plane but as you said, flexible. Even if the shipping is $30-40 it's still a deal for an assembled plane with servos included.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Feb 27, 2014, 07:58 AM
United States, VA, Rockingham
Joined Sep 2010
26 Posts
3D: If you are able to find the U-Can-Do, be very sure the battery is well secured in its pouch. It will tear right through the foam in even a mild nose first landing
I know there are many good choices for an EPP 3D plane, but I have been pleased with the Twisted Hobbies products. Quality service and components to build a truly 3D plane that is durable and fixable.

Understand, they ALL break.

Happy Flying, Michael
oldpoppy is offline Find More Posts by oldpoppy
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:58 AM
Joined Feb 2014
6 Posts
Appreciate your help all

Thanks a lot