SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JamesNeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:20 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
Now stop and think how asinine that statement is. If that were the case do you think a cup of coffee from McD's would say "Caution Hot" in large print? Do you think a plastic bag would have a label saying "Do not give to children, or have an image of person with the bag over their head with a line through it?"
Yo homez, those messages are printed because we live in the USA, the land of litigation and everyone wanting to get rich quick without doing any work.
JamesNeal is offline Find More Posts by JamesNeal
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:31 AM
Space power
United States, IA, Hampton
Joined May 2012
307 Posts
DING DING DING! The exact reason a little caution, or safety, should be used when flying around the public.
cfircav8r is offline Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:38 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
That would be giving in to a mentality that's wrong. It would be choosing fear...

Bill Hicks - It's Just A Ride (3 min 22 sec)
JamesNeal is offline Find More Posts by JamesNeal
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:00 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLastweedle View Post
There's only one thing scarier than an unsafe flyer that's someone that thinks they're safe because they are being 'careful'.
Everyone does that when they go swimming, surfing, play football, watch a baseball game in person, ride a bicycle or drive a car. This is no different. I assume personal responsibility for anything bad that happens.
Quote:
If you are flying in a public park /field, no matter how well you think you've got all the bases covered or how many self imposed rules you have in place you are no better than any other Parkflyer on here .
Wrong. I stand in stark contrast to "Why so conservative? Young blooooooooooooooood is here!" I consider the risks carefully and mitigate them. I fly when NOBODY is in front of me. My safety standards probably exceed that of clubs, certainly some of the clubs featured in You Tube videos.
Quote:
Have you got liability insurance to cover innocent bi standers in the event of a gear malfunction, plane fly away or collision with a bird ?
No !
Well there goes your credibility. You know what they say about stupid assumptions. I have real insurance, not the AMA's full of holes insurance, which has a weasel clause for if you lose radio contact with your plane, or if you hit a family member or anyone who normally belongs on the property on which you fly. But you're pretending I don't have coverage. I say "have you carefully read the actual AMA insurance policy? You're not as covered as you may think." That's just curtains for any belief that you have something worth listening to. The statement "all flying outside of AMA sanction is unsafe and inadvisable" is just plain silly. We will now pause for everyone to have a good laugh at your expense.
Quote:
Then your personal desire to fly is also at the expense and risk to others.''
Your premise is flawed, as demonstrated above. Everything that follows is horse manure. We'll cut you off here.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:02 AM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
And you have made it abundantly clear you are fearless. Have fun in court WHEN you hit someone. You wanna fly in a crowded park? Go for it! Me personally? When people start showing up, I'll call it a day. Usually by the time the sk8ters are up (crack of noon) I've already put in about a dozen and a half batteries anyway, and if there's a soccer game (yup, had the foresight to get a schedule) I go another day, weather permitting.
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:05 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
And you have made it abundantly clear you are fearless. Have fun in court WHEN you hit someone. You wanna fly in a crowded park? Go for it! Me personally? When people start showing up, I'll call it a day. Usually by the time the sk8ters are up (crack of noon) I've already put in about a dozen and a half batteries anyway, and if there's a soccer game (yup, had the foresight to get a schedule) I go another day, weather permitting.
Exactly right! +50.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:56 AM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Well, and this is based entirely on what he's written, I don't know him personally, but this guy is a lot like the "kids-with-kids" around here, i.e., got no regard whatsoever for anyone but themselves, have a "get-out-of-my-way" attitude, wears pants 5 sizes too big that hang halfway down his butt (this is based solely on all the "yos" and "broz", etc...), most likely wears a baseball hat backward. OK, THAT was stereotyping, and I'm sorry for that, but my point here is, if you want to fly with obviously no regard for anyone but yourself, that's your problem. Where I'm concerned, "fear" ain't got a damned thing to do with anything you're talking about, I've most likely seen more in 5 years than you've probably seen in your life, it has a lot to do with COMMON SENSE, which apparently, you are lacking. And I do have a BLAST when I go fly my planes/helicopters, when there's more than me and my Son there, quittin' time! Fear? Please...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:30 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNeal View Post
Yo homez, those messages are printed because we live in the USA, the land of litigation and everyone wanting to get rich quick without doing any work.
Do you think the lovely young lady who got a blade to the face and is not so lovely any more is suing to get rich? Sometimes people have a legitimate claim.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:31 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
George Carlin - Backwards Baseball Hat (0 min 53 sec)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:55 AM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
He's got a valid point. You buy a hat, with a brim on one side, and wear it backward?? Me personally, I would either USE the brim for what it was intended for, or buy a beret.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:53 PM
Space power
United States, IA, Hampton
Joined May 2012
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNeal View Post
That would be giving in to a mentality that's wrong. It would be choosing fear...
The thinking that we are some how giving into fear by being careful to avoid injuring bystanders is about the most flawed reasoning posted yet. We live in a Democratic nation and are by far in the minority. We could try to use the same reasoning with guns and see how far we get.

You should only shoot at sanctioned ranges, it is the only safe place, but in many states it is legal to go out to state land and shoot, or ride ATV's, or horses, etc... So lets go shoot there. I've done that and been very safe by following some simple saftey practices. Now with your reasoning I'm just shooting little .22's and .410's so don't worry about all that safety nonsense, just go out and shoot and have a blast. If people are around, well they are smart enough to stay away from where we are shooting so just keep on having fun and don't worry about that family with the five kids that just pulled up.

The saddest part is I have seen this very scenario played out on more than one occasion and it was but by the grace of God that no one got hurt or killed. That reasoning is every bit as sound as what you are saying. Just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should, and just because they seem to be enjoying what you are doing now, don't think for a moment that it can't change in a heart beat.
cfircav8r is offline Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:38 PM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
And THAT, in a nutshell, is what this guy refuses to see, or simply doesn't care. I'm thinking it's the latter...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:32 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Austin Powers "Help! I'm in a Nutshell!" (0 min 15 sec)
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:37 PM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Hmm, 19 of his 35 posts have been in this one thread...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:00 PM
skidding in the sky
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
1,111 Posts
At last, someones brought guns and god into it!!

& whos that that just turned up? Austin Powers and Bill Hicks!!

Now this is a party, who brought the brewski's!!

WitnessOnly is offline Find More Posts by WitnessOnly