SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Fishy,
Thanks for taking the time to post these tips, and in a manner I
think most all of us can all understand!

Though I couldn't tell from the original post, I think the poster might have been referencing the Video Out function of the #16V2 camera which only outputs a 4:3AR frame with the native 16:9AR video in it. Several who use the camera's Video Out function for FPV purposes have asked if the actual camera composite video output can be changed to eliminate the letterboxed video before the image is display on a remote viewscreen, which I do not think it can since that function is integral to the video processor chip in the camera. I don't think it can be change via firmware toggles other than to turn it on/off.
Hi Tom
I am using this camera (original #16 ) for fpv and having the black borders on my googles and screen as you understand wright . So there is nothing I can do to stretch the video?
Mitamar is offline Find More Posts by Mitamar
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:00 AM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
I think this deserve to be posted here.

OK, after few tests my method to achieve absolute jello-free videos on V929 + 808 #16 D-LENS

Camera mounted under the quad, flipped (buttons down)

1. Put strip of velcro (just one, soft side!) on the camera from upper side (touching battery holder)
2. Small black cable tie - VERY TIGHTLY SECURED around camera and quad frame.
3. Hold the zip-tie and insert battery wrapped tight in bubble-foil to fill every void* (I'm using NanoTech 600mAh and they are loose in V929 battery holder)

You should feel the camera attached very tighly almost like part of frame, you must be able to carry the quad holding just the camera !

I know it sounds crazy, but only this way i get rid of jello - VERY TIGHT to FRAME with just soft side of velcro.

Very easy and very good results !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzzd7fYIxgc

My SYSCFG.TXT (sorry no GUI - Mac user here)

Enjoy !
Nice video.. extra fond of the stripper pole couch and red velvet curtains... YOU DA MAN!!
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:19 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
What lenses are you waiting for? You have three to pick from right now. No other lenses have been promised, but better lenses are always in the developer's line of sight.
I want wider lens than A but without vignetting as on B or barrel distortion like on D. Bad for me that C was not succes, it could be the best to choose for me. This is only reason why I am still waiting to buy the cam. I am watching this thread until it was first posted and only lens is the last thing which will make the camera perfect for me. I am wondering to buy it with lens A. What are your suggestions?
Azuritko is offline Find More Posts by Azuritko
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:38 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
cooool the sped up sections with you chatting (mbr video) sound like binars :-)

mitamar. any "video stretch" would have to occur in your goggles (ie the viewer) not in the camera.

crash you know that makes perfect sense now. I always wondered HOW anyone could have "jello" in a quad copter.

no matter the vibrations you have 4 opposing opposite blades vibs should "even out" by their very nature.

I have learned from the early days you always want the camera "tight" as in "NO" wiggling at all when attached so I did not even think of that as to why people experience wiggles.

a simpler way to get this? electrical tape. it "stretches" a bit so it holds "tight" :-) just don't crush your quad :-)
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:44 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritko View Post
I want wider lens than A but without vignetting as on B or barrel distortion like on D. Bad for me that C was not succes, it could be the best to choose for me. This is only reason why I am still waiting to buy the cam. I am watching this thread until it was first posted and only lens is the last thing which will make the camera perfect for me. I am wondering to buy it with lens A. What are your suggestions?
If a good lens in the AOV range you want is found and meets the developer's quality standards, it will be offered and should be a plug-in module just like the other three. But it's not likely to be free of fisheye distortion which is inherent in simple lens designs as the AOV increases. To correct for that takes better lens elements, typically with aspherical curvature and usually glass rather than plastic elements to reduce the distortion. They are not ready-made for tiny inexpensive cameras like this. So I doubt you will ever get exactly what you want in a camera like this. The camera in it's present form has the most configurability in both lenses and video than any other camera of its type, size and price point. You can continue to wait, but if you have a use for it in it's present state, go for it.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Nerys, thank you about the Usb cable. Today I spent some time. And sometimes we forget supplied cabes fail. I show some clearification to the previous video. and ran a few tests. as my battery is at 2 leds......

Enjoy the video.

keychain cam 808 16 USb charger clearification video (5 min 30 sec)
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:20 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
its ok guys without the source for the DLL so someone else can "code" a way to talk to the camera it matters not.

I did not realize we were talking about "TWO" source codes. his gui and the DLL. my bad.
Nerys, it would be great if you (or anybody else for that matter) were to develop a configuration program for Android, or iPad, or Linux, or Mac OS X, or Windows, or all of those.

Back in May 2012, I knew nothing about Java but after taking a couple of tutorials, I managed to produce Java Configuration Assistant for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.

If you really want to do it, you can do it! And I am sure Isoprop would provide you the same information he sent me to get me started back in May.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:26 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
haha I could not program myself out of a wet paper bag. I have "zero" programming ability. I was just hoping to entice find the right people who "CAN"

fishy. I am glad you got it working. I don' t use AA systems anymore because their capacity is too low for me. remember my 5000mah pack is the same as your AA pack AND an extra set of AA's

so for you to carry the "capacity" I carry in 6 of my packs you would need at least 48 fully charges AA's :-)

that is a lot of AA's

BE CAREFUL on DX. if the MAH rating is in " " such as "6400mah" this means DX suspects the MAH rating is Bogus. sometimes if they can determine the correct value they will tell you.

see if there are any "comments" this is usually a prominent question. is it really xxxmah etc..

use your head. these batteries have pretty fixed costs.

if your typical 5000mah pack is selling for $30 then the $20 pack is probably bogus (not saying it is just giving you an example)

remember if its too good to be true it probably is. :-)

I buy a lot off DX. just use your head.

if you like rechargeable cells I advise you do replace your 4xAA pack with a 4x18650 pack.

you can still carry extra 18605's (tiny bit bigger than a AA cell) and they carry FAR FAR more energy.

they would be FANTASTIC for powering these camera's for long periods of time.

put this sku in dx.com

2 amps available output nice cheap unit same as what you got except this is for 18650 rechargeable cells!!

it should be possible to rig a holder to actually RUN these camera's off a single 18650 cell. you can get them in the 3000mah range !! thats a long time recording.

here is a nice 4 cell 18650 charger

nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:00 AM
This thing runs real nice...
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
Took the #16 up in the air with me yesterday.

A lot of the guys there were using Go Pros. They were amazed when they saw how small the #16 was and even more so when I told them it was less than $40.

Sorry I know it's not quite Radio Control but it shows how useful the #16's are.
(and I do use them on my RC planes from time to time...)

Paragliding at Bonny Hills (1 min 40 sec)

Paragliding at Bonny Hills 2 (2 min 2 sec)
Nam Lemmi is offline Find More Posts by Nam Lemmi
Last edited by Nam Lemmi; Oct 07, 2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: trying to justify a paragliding video in an RC thread :)
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:19 AM
Mr.
South Africa, EC, Humansdorp
Joined Dec 2011
64 Posts
First I want to T H A N K to eletoponline365 for going the proverbial "extra mile" with my shipping. She does not normally ship to my country. Well done
Now that I have my camera, I want to know if there is a quick way of changing the focus to 10+ meters instead of the standard 1 meter or so? I want to emphasize, there absolutely nothing wrong with the little camera. For 'normal' use, the chosen focusing distance is most useful but for my particular need (flying), it will be even more useful to have the camera focus at a (far) longer distance.
Gomario is offline Find More Posts by Gomario
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritko View Post
Get the A lens camera and buy this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-67X-Detach...item2c64d79556 (Random seller on eBay.)

You get pretty wide picture without barrel distortion, and the picture quality is pretty good in my opinion, maybe even better than the D-lens camera. The downside is the bulkiness of the combo. The 0.67x lens is larger than the D-lens.
Fintastic is offline Find More Posts by Fintastic
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:29 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot
Looks like you are right to me. It may be that the Fluorescent setting does lock color effect settings which then are unchangeble by the color options warm setting(?) Maybe the warm setting does work with autoWB (?)
Quote:
Some interaction bewtween settings was anticipated and unavoidable, I think. It may be some of the tweaks just can't work properly with some other tweaks set without looking worse with yet other settings. There's just too many possible combinations to even test them all let alone trying to make one particular function work well with all of them.

But these types of comparisons are what the developer wants, and if improvements can be made I think they will.
I agree with victapilot. I will take videos with all all settings default, and the different color options. Then we hav a) a comparison between these settings, and b) an impression how "fluorescent" affects the color options.

But before doing so, I take my Guzzi, put the 808 in her case, and do a short sunday ride

Ciao
Falconerider
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:49 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post
Get the A lens camera and buy this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-67X-Detach...item2c64d79556 (Random seller on eBay.)

You get pretty wide picture without barrel distortion, and the picture quality is pretty good in my opinion, maybe even better than the D-lens camera. The downside is the bulkiness of the combo. The 0.67x lens is larger than the D-lens.
I think I am going to do that. I already have the 0.67x lens (silver) but for airsoft will be better the black one you linked.
Azuritko is offline Find More Posts by Azuritko
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
nerys, empeabee, Isoprop, and others.

I can confirm what Isoprop is saying: USB communication is complex; can't say if very, extremely, superduper complex or what... but is is.

Android: a while back I did look at making my Configuration Assistant program available under Android and iPad. Not a big deal for Android but the problem is that there is currently no standard Java available for Android (and none that I can find for iPad) and it won't happen any time soon since Google and Oracle (the new owner of Java) are at war (legally speaking).

A few Android tablets have some form of Java, but as far as I can tell most don't. Among those that do have Java, there is nothing consistent, at least for now. I can make something that works on a given tablet, but it is about 80% sure some parts won't work on other models or on other manufacturer's tablets. ... and not all Android products have USB port(s).

Therefore don't hold your breath...
Before this gets completely OT, I'll take the liberty to add to therau2000's post.
A universal programming language just doesn't exist, unfortunately.

Before therau2000 contacted me about writing his java program I was contacted by a couple of professional programmers. After I gave them some preliminary information (the same I gave therau2000), I never heard back....

The DLL that has been referenced could equally well have been a library where the code can be fully integrated into the GUI. 3rd party companies often make their compiled code, either in the form of a DLL or a library, available to developers. It is very, very rare that they will supply the original source code. I would have preferred the library, but I guess the chip manufacturer doesn't want to provide it. I can accept their decision.

I haven't done any research myself, but I can well imagine USB code is not supported by java but needs to be written in an underlying level, most probably in C/C++. This code will most probably be different for every type of processor, and/or even the Android device firmware version. Most Android devices run with an ARM processor, but the latest Motorola uses an Intel Atom. Given all these different processor, firmware and OS types I really have my doubts if a universal USB "library" will ever exist, at least in the near future. Writing a USB GUI that works on only one Android version for a specific device is a total waste of time, IMO. Maybe someone with the appropriate knowledge will attempt the task just for fun, I don't know. No one should underestimate the complexities of USB communication, at least at the PC end. It is highly complex and can't be compared with the old-fashioned RS232 communication, which was universal and extremely simple! There are also different types of USB communication, but I won't go into that here... Google is your friend if you are interested...
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:36 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Looks like you are right to me. It may be that the Fluorescent setting does lock color effect settings which then are unchangeble by the color options warm setting(?) Maybe the warm setting does work with autoWB (?)

I tried the GoPro Cineform and find the v0.36 colors are better for me by adding saturation a bit and tweaking tint. I still didn't try 0.41.
Hi victapilot,
you were right! Color Options cooler to warmer don’t work with fluorescent. My latest test with auto WB shows this: Now it works. Seems to be a wide field of testing…
Today I made a video while biking. Settings: Fluorescent, Saturation high. Looks a bit too warm. Setting cooler won’t work with fluorescent, so I must try other settings. Interesting how this tiny cam manages the difficult light conditions!

Falcone auf Piste (3 min 31 sec)
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider