HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2014, 02:43 AM
*~*~*~Warbird Maniac~~>
Joined Jun 2014
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axerhand1976 View Post
I love my zero.. except I got one with a messed up tail wheel . how the hell do u get the old one off I took the 4 screws off and cut away the glue but the plastic unit will not come all the way out can some one plz help me. flying the plane is nice taxiing it sucks ass..... I got the new part and it does not even look like the old one
have you get the tail wheel out yet? is it because the push rods are blocking you from taking the tail wheel out?

Andy
Andy Yuen is offline Find More Posts by Andy Yuen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2014, 06:29 AM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Yuen View Post
have you get the tail wheel out yet? is it because the push rods are blocking you from taking the tail wheel out?

Andy
You have to unscrew the control horn from the top of the tailwheel. If you have already glued your tail surfaces in place, you are in a world of hurt b/c you have to access the screw from underneath the tailplane. You might be able to unscrew the joiner to the rudder servo and tease the whole thing out that way, not sure. I remember it being a fiddly job.

HTH,
the other Jeff
jhspring is offline Find More Posts by jhspring
Old Oct 17, 2014, 09:15 PM
Joined Jan 2014
23 Posts
zero

well im screwed than lol. tail assembly glued already. I say poor design for this plane maybe fms will fix it buy changing glue to screws. well I just fly it the way it is and maybe ill buy another fuse in future and make sure wheel works good before glueing thx again guys for the help . I might go to the fw-190 next atleast the tail assembly on that plane is easy accessible....
axerhand1976 is offline Find More Posts by axerhand1976
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:10 PM
modify...modify...modify
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2012
1,283 Posts
Quote:
well im screwed than lol. tail assembly glued already. I say poor design for this plane maybe fms will fix it buy changing glue to screws. well I just fly it the way it is and maybe ill buy another fuse in future and make sure wheel works good before glueing thx again guys for the help . I might go to the fw-190 next atleast the tail assembly on that plane is easy accessible....
I bought this Zero and while building it decided to modify it to a screw-on tail versus a glue-on tail. The glue-on tail just did not make sense to me.

I am sorry you did not see the modification on my blog.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2169372

Bob
borntoolate is offline Find More Posts by borntoolate
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by borntoolate; Oct 17, 2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 09:42 AM
*~*~*~Warbird Maniac~~>
Joined Jun 2014
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoolate View Post
I bought this Zero and while building it decided to modify it to a screw-on tail versus a glue-on tail. The glue-on tail just did not make sense to me.

I am sorry you did not see the modification on my blog.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2169372

Bob
thanks for the share bob i might do this mod on my zero =)

Andy
Andy Yuen is offline Find More Posts by Andy Yuen
Old Oct 18, 2014, 09:50 AM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,439 Posts
Quote:
Nah, you're not screwed, it just adds to the task difficulty factor. Think of it as the challenge round. Remember this is a foamy and I do this stuff to mine all the time. Use a sharp #11 blade and cut a hatch, maybe 1.5" tall by 2" wide in the side of the fuse right up by the tailplane and centered over the tailwheel. It helps if you cut the ends with a slight inward bevel. You can pull the piece of foam out intact and fiddle with your tailwheel, then glue the hatch back in when you are done. The bevels will help line it up and the fuse will be as strong as before. A little touch up paint and you will never know it happened.

HTH,
Jeff
jhspring is offline Find More Posts by jhspring