HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 06:51 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr@sh View Post
Tony, This is why I have two with Joe W giving me an extra fuse with canopy and scoop. I was afraid to ask him why he has...... and why he was giving away to me...I'm sure said what goes up must come down but definitely not the way he expected with this model.
Terry....Hope you never need the spare parts...and nice job on the lights. So are you flying with the cut down APC or the FMS ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan View Post
Looking at some 4 blade setups right now.
John....any setup in particular you might go with, ???
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:56 AM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,303 Posts
Oleo struts... Tried them for the first time one my H9 P-47... Love them! Where can I get them to fit the E-Flite retracts for this bird?
CF105 is offline Find More Posts by CF105
Old Oct 19, 2014, 02:31 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcesR View Post
capteasy; as a rule flight control throws are measured from the widest part of the flight controls; the inboard TE on this model

Roger
Thanks Roger, makes sense.....
ce
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Oct 19, 2014, 02:52 PM
"Free crash instruction"
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,700 Posts
LI Cobra, I flew 3 times with the APC cut down. After landing the battery and motor are cool but CC ice 100 esc is a little warm . I think I'll move to get better airflow. it can stay where it is but when I start playing with cg to tweak , maybe then i'll move toward the front more in airflow. That whistle is still the funniest thing ever.LOL CF105, Sorry I can't remember now where I got them. Someone here will chime in for sure, cause thats how I found them........you can also go back in thread if you like reading that much,LOL! We have some big seams in cement at airport and they sometimes rip wheels off...... these Oleo struts are perfect for the pavement. Please share you model when finished and I hope you get your hands on a pair of struts for this project, there worth the the effort for sure.
Cr@sh is offline Find More Posts by Cr@sh
Last edited by Cr@sh; Oct 19, 2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:03 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
Oleo struts... Tried them for the first time one my H9 P-47... Love them! Where can I get them to fit the E-Flite retracts for this bird?
The VQ P-51 3/8 struts were what I originally used and there length does not need to be changed, but to me the got sloppy and the wheels would not stay straight. I switched over to Robart 652's that are almost exactly the same but have to cut to length. The Robarts are much more expensive but better quality IMO.
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:12 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,303 Posts
Thanks for the info, guys!

May be a while before I get to work on my "B"... outdoor flying is just about done for 2014 here. Micros (indoor) will be taking over for the next couple of months... then sometime early in 2015 I'll get the bug to work on some larger planes. The plan is to paint over the covering with RAF camouflage, add roundels & markings for the Mk.III used by 617 Sqn, RAF. I've even got the PFP Malcolm hood for her.
CF105 is offline Find More Posts by CF105
Old Oct 19, 2014, 08:30 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
The VQ P-51 3/8 struts were what I originally used and there length does not need to be changed, but to me the got sloppy and the wheels would not stay straight. I switched over to Robart 652's that are almost exactly the same but have to cut to length. The Robarts are much more expensive but better quality IMO.

I also have the Robart 652's outstanding quality.

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Oct 19, 2014, 08:43 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
Terry....Hope you never need the spare parts...and nice job on the lights. So are you flying with the cut down APC or the FMS ??

John....any setup in particular you might go with, ???
Not sure yet, looking over the thread here and after that make a choice.
I'm right in the middle of a real big scale rc helicopter build right now, only have 6 months into it now and I've got 28 tests flights on the airframe, so braking the airframe down for scale details and prime and paint after that. Never seems to be time to do every thing we plan to do. But I really want to fly the 51b next year on a four blade system.

John

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Oct 19, 2014, 09:15 PM
"Free crash instruction"
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirmeistr View Post
I too like your nav lights. Did you make them? Buy them? Did you talk about them in a previous post. I have this bird in a box and would like to add those when I get around to building it. I love your scale retracts and 4 blade prop too! Fantastic work Cr@sh
btw - dimension engineering makes a really nice light controller that I have used on my helis.
Thanks, I did make entire harness with lenses for navigation lights but still have led kits laying around . your going to love this kit when you start building as when it starts shaping up it just looks sharp on build table.
Cr@sh is offline Find More Posts by Cr@sh