HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:51 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Couple of slight wrinkles with this Saturday indoor flying for me. Got back yesterday still awake. Got nothing ready to fly and also got to Guildford to take my boy for a look at Surrey uni. Should be back in time to at least have a coffee and watch the crashes
I can't go so you can borrow my blade but you have to come and get it AND let me know today so I can hide it somewhere for you to pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
I can do you some pink cases with mikes permission (as hes the official reseller for the DOSD case, they're now up on his site ). He is selling the white version.

Regarding the P&T units. And anything else anyone might need.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749857

A shiney new thread for requests and discussion of 3D printed components as it was getting a bit spread out between the other threads. All requests are welcome. For example. My globalhawk has the most rediculous landing gear setup ever. A tricycle setup, with the main gear forward of the COG. So I'm designing a new set of gear that include wheel pants in the triangular struts that plug into the same landing gear hole in the wing, but reach far behind the COG to keep the globalhawks buttocks off the grass on takeoff.

CJ
Exclusive rights? Wow I didn't know that! RMRC will probaby sell 10x as many as I will.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:54 AM
nr Flitwick Beds UK
Joined Feb 2005
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
hopefully the release of the OLEDs will mean a bunch of the old ones going cheap on eBay for cheapskates like me
or just make a set of Bob's Eco Goggles....... for 40 ish quid....and a few evenings work.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....bs-ECO-Goggles
nixy is offline Find More Posts by nixy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:54 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Well there's not much point in my selling them under the table because it just takes sales away from you. So there wouldn't be much point in you selling them at all :P. what's RMRC?

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:24 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,379 Posts
Quote:
Well there's not much point in my selling them under the table because it just takes sales away from you. So there wouldn't be much point in you selling them at all :P. what's RMRC?

CJ
I mean readymaderc.com ... you need to break into the US markets too
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:26 AM
Didcot, UK, OX11
Joined Sep 2003
630 Posts
Quote:
TBH these HD goggles that are being released are all a bit pointless, especially the horrendously priced new cinemizers. we can only downlink a standard AV signal. so even if the goggles are full HD it won't make a blind bit of difference. So far as I can remember the biggest signal you can send down a single AV cable is 800X600 (so you may as well use some head plays or bogo standard Fatsharks).

CJ
Overall the Cinemizers (analog video version) are the best goggles for me. I will agree there is no point in getting anything HD as it won't make any significant difference when using analog video... But, imagine connecting your HDMI goggles to your laptop (or maybe one of those Pi things that I hate) and running a virtual cockpit

-Angelos
Angelos is offline Find More Posts by Angelos
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:51 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
Overall the Cinemizers (analog video version) are the best goggles for me. I will agree there is no point in getting anything HD as it won't make any significant difference when using analog video... But, imagine connecting your HDMI goggles to your laptop (or maybe one of those Pi things that I hate) and running a virtual cockpit

-Angelos
Don't tempt me :P.

CJ
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:58 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
yes but what a bunch of woosses !!! standing 5Km away from the crash site, running with full sirens blasting (in the middle of the desert ) only to stop and deploy a drone because it is too dangerous. The guy with the 2 radios in his hands with "commander" written on the cap over-dramatizing things! what a clown !! yeah the little hobbyshack park flyer radio was a joke, no wonder they were scared for their safety...and missing the "runway" by 200m !! I bet the guys that prepared it were cheesed off
It was funny that the engines were still running after the dust settled, that plane refused to die !
very interesting program I must say but I was amazed at the weak links of the execution of the experiment.

And as for Big Flo...
Was a bit H&S lol. But yeah mad that engine carried on running till they soaked it with water lol. But i agree with u was a bit of a bodge job lol. How they missed that run way i have no idea lol.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:53 AM
nr Flitwick Beds UK
Joined Feb 2005
137 Posts
Quote:
yes but what a bunch of woosses !!! standing 5Km away from the crash site, running with full sirens blasting (in the middle of the desert ) only to stop and deploy a drone because it is too dangerous. The guy with the 2 radios in his hands with "commander" written on the cap over-dramatizing things! what a clown !! yeah the little hobbyshack park flyer radio was a joke, no wonder they were scared for their safety...and missing the "runway" by 200m !! I bet the guys that prepared it were cheesed off
It was funny that the engines were still running after the dust settled, that plane refused to die !
very interesting program I must say but I was amazed at the weak links of the execution of the experiment.

And as for Big Flo...
What Tx were they using?......don't think it was a cheapy. Looked like a to of the range Futaba(?)..... noticed FAAST.

As I mentioned, we've tested the turnigy 9x with Hobbyking Rx (about $60 + post) to 4 km. The was ground to ground (but was LOS)
nixy is offline Find More Posts by nixy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:26 PM
Just put it on the credit card
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Anyone know who is selling this mount on eBay? The seller is called fatflyer and they are in Milton Keynes.

JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:42 PM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixy View Post
What Tx were they using?......don't think it was a cheapy. Looked like a to of the range Futaba(?)..... noticed FAAST.

As I mentioned, we've tested the turnigy 9x with Hobbyking Rx (about $60 + post) to 4 km. The was ground to ground (but was LOS)
They were using an 8FG and S-Bus kit in the plane.
Foolishly the pilot had the antenna straight out and they had a few lost signal moments, no wonder.
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
Anyone know who is selling this mount on eBay? The seller is called fatflyer and they are in Milton Keynes.

That's rob at flying wings by the look of it, I gave him that design
dallibab is offline Find More Posts by dallibab
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:35 PM
Just put it on the credit card
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab View Post
That's rob at flying wings by the look of it, I gave him that design
Cheers John. It looks like a better design of the zephyr camera mount. I was thinking about maybe using it on a plane with pan and tilt.
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
Cheers John. It looks like a better design of the zephyr camera mount. I was thinking about maybe using it on a plane with pan and tilt.
Check out my 3D printing thread, you may find something similar being designed, but far more robust .

CJ
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:02 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,129 Posts
Quote:
Check out my 3D printing thread, you may find something similar being designed, but far more robust .

CJ
thread link ?
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Quote:
thread link ?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749857