HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:51 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Sep 2013
43 Posts
Hi, will RC Desk Pilot work with the 6ch FMS USB controller found at http://www.amazon.com/dp/7293000014/...I1BZTW6CDQPF30?
I am just getting back into the hobby and I like what I have heard and read about this simulator, but I have not bought a transmitter yet. I have a Windows 7 64 bit Toshiba laptop. Hopefully Santa, me, will surprise me with one under the tree. If not, recommendations please. Thank You!!
Michael763 is offline Find More Posts by Michael763
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2013, 02:17 AM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael763 View Post
Hi, will RC Desk Pilot work with the 6ch FMS USB controller found at http://www.amazon.com/dp/7293000014/...I1BZTW6CDQPF30?
I am just getting back into the hobby and I like what I have heard and read about this simulator, but I have not bought a transmitter yet. I have a Windows 7 64 bit Toshiba laptop. Hopefully Santa, me, will surprise me with one under the tree. If not, recommendations please. Thank You!!
Hi Michael,
any USB controller should work, so this one should be fine.
Cheers,
Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
Old Nov 07, 2013, 07:57 AM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Sep 2013
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailure View Post
Hi Michael,
any USB controller should work, so this one should be fine.
Cheers,
Davy
Thank you! I look forward to enjoying your simulator as I relearn.
Michael763 is offline Find More Posts by Michael763
Old Nov 09, 2013, 08:16 PM
Team Fearless
United States, MD, Piney Point
Joined Mar 2005
1,731 Posts
Hi Davy how are you?
Michael763 recommended your sim and so I downloaded it and it looks really cool. Thanks.
However, when I plugged in my RealFlight Interlink controller, RC Desk Pilot did not find it. Will your sim work with my controller?
Thanks,
Shawn
~SnApRoLl is offline Find More Posts by ~SnApRoLl
Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:55 PM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SnApRoLl View Post
Hi Davy how are you?
Michael763 recommended your sim and so I downloaded it and it looks really cool. Thanks.
However, when I plugged in my RealFlight Interlink controller, RC Desk Pilot did not find it. Will your sim work with my controller?
Thanks,
Shawn
Realflight is not a game controller, which you need for RCDP.
SuperBarlow is online now Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Old Dec 28, 2013, 03:59 PM
Joined Dec 2013
1 Posts
error when executing rc desk pilot

Hi,
I recently downloaded rc desk pilot and am getting a query box and then an error message when I try to open it. The query reads:

Switching to the Direct3D reference rasterizer, a software device that implements the entire Direct3D feature set, but runs very slowly. Do you wish to continue?

Followed by the obvious options of yes or no. When I click on yes, the following error message comes up:

Failed creating the Direct 3D device.
Error in Application -2005530518 (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE) at Microsoft. DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, Device Type device Type, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters [ ] presentationParameters) at dj.a(a4 A_0, Device A_1, Boolean A_2)

Unfortunately, I'm not tech savvy enough to know precisely what this means but am guessing I've got something on my system that's unable to communicate with the download. Does anyone know what my problems is and what I need to do to correct it?

Thanks for any assistance!
RCsimMom is offline Find More Posts by RCsimMom
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:59 PM
High Flyer
United Kingdom, Diss
Joined Aug 2011
140 Posts
hi, anyone know of any way of getting the walkera devo ten to work with this sim? as i dont have a joystick and that kind of defeats the point..
have downloaded it and runs but no controller..
thanks..
james.
Back4More is offline Find More Posts by Back4More
Old Jan 05, 2014, 03:21 PM
High Flyer
United Kingdom, Diss
Joined Aug 2011
140 Posts
hi, dont know if many people view this thread anymore but, my devo ten works ok now with this sim, just having problems assighning the channels in the game to the correct channels on my Tx.. got throttle and aielerons kinda working right, but difficult to get things right, im guessing its just trial and error, and channels are different on different transmitters?
thanks..
james.
Back4More is offline Find More Posts by Back4More
Old Jan 07, 2014, 01:02 AM
United States, HI, Waimea
Joined Feb 2013
589 Posts
Pretty much. That's what I've done for two different radios. Set it up, wiggle things, see what actually moves, and swap things around 'till all the right bits wiggle. About as scientific as hitting things with a hammer and calling them nails, but it worked out ok in the end.

Tom
benedict is offline Find More Posts by benedict
Old Apr 06, 2014, 05:52 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
Hi guys, my old dell dimension 1100 ain't managing to run this with the onboard graphics, I've picked up an 8Mb video card, will this be enough?

I've been gifted this rather handy FlySky-USB dongle and I really want to use it with rcdeskpilot.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2117239
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83