New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2015, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by scottheli
Joined Mar 2009
206 Posts
Finally got my battery from banggood Lion Power 7.4v 2200mah 30c for $15, fits perfect. First ordered Feb 19, no show, e-mailed them and they sent out another order two weeks ago. With no packing slip, I now do not know if this is the original that was lost. Oh well, maybe I'll get another soon. I'm charging it now. I think I will order another Xtreme flybar because it flys it better and more nimble with very little bobbing. Cheers, Scottheli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2015, 05:09 AM
Find More Posts by BrulSturm
Joined May 2015
2 Posts
Temperature dependent ESC

Hi,
Is there someone here who might be able to explain this behaviour?
MJX F45 F645 brushless ESC temperature dependent (2 min 13 sec)

In words:
When the ambiant temperature is about 17 degrees celcius (62 F) or colder the ESCboard gives the beepcode for "irrigular throttle input". Whithout changing anything, only the temperature, for instance with a hairdryer, the heli works. This is at a temperature of about 20 degrees Celcius (68 F).
So when it is a nice warm afternoon it flies, but for a nice evening-flight its not possible.

Another, maybe related, issue is: Only 0-35% of the throttle stick range is used. When the brushless ESC receives 35% from the transmitter or more it spins the motor at 100%. Calibrating via the programming mode does not change this.
So throttle control is very coarse.

Any thoughts on this ? Thanks in advance.
BrulSturm is offline Find More Posts by BrulSturm
Old May 23, 2015, 01:58 PM
Find More Posts by sweets
United Kingdom, Brighstone
Joined Aug 2013
741 Posts
would say you have a dry solder joint somewear on the system,and the heat is letting the joint thats faulty re connect. have a look for a dull solder joint (should be bright silver )
sweets is offline Find More Posts by sweets
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Find More Posts by BrulSturm
Joined May 2015
2 Posts
Hi, thanks for the response. The solder joints are all OK. This behaviour is also present with another, new, ESC-board and and even with another receiver-board. I tried all combinations.
BrulSturm is offline Find More Posts by BrulSturm
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by Ribble
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrulSturm View Post
When the ambiant temperature is about 17 degrees celcius (62 F) or colder the ESCboard gives the beepcode for "irrigular throttle input"
Not my turf, but since there is no throttle input, it could be a bad ground wire between receiver and ESC causing signal voltage level to vary or the detection of same (voltage level threshold) at ESC end.. A floating ground level and the ESC changes input threshold as it heats up.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Yesterday at 07:10 PM.