HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2004, 04:46 AM
Southern MA. USA
Joined Jan 2003
623 Posts
GreatPlanes Micro Wizz

I'm thinking about picking one up, does anybody have info on the plane or care to venture a comment.
Moe M. is offline Find More Posts by Moe M.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2004, 01:40 PM
Colorado
Joined Mar 2004
14 Posts
I bought one about 3 months ago. I cannot recommend it and in fact I urge you NOT to buy it. My complaints:

Too Heavy
Control Surfaces Too Small
I HATE the Control Rod/Servo Assembly Setup

To give you a bit of background, I am currently flying MM and SA planes (Flashback, Tantrum and RV-4). While the Whizz flew well and easy, I could simply never get clean maneuvers out of it. It rolled poorly, fell out of loops, and could barely hover for longer than a second.

FYI, I use brushless and lipo on all my planes.

Just my .02$

Chris
onlyr6 is offline Find More Posts by onlyr6
Old Aug 03, 2004, 04:30 PM
Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
Joined Sep 2002
139 Posts
micro whizz

I agree with what Chris said. Mine is hanging in the lhs for sale.
bobsan is offline Find More Posts by bobsan
Old Aug 03, 2004, 06:35 PM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2002
2,527 Posts
It does fly nice if you put a big outrigger and 3s lipos. I flew mine with a typhoon 15 and it flew nice that way.

I am changing mine to look like a tiny-x with a v-tail and everything.

But out of the box it is not a good plane for the reasons listed above.
KenP is offline Find More Posts by KenP
Old Aug 03, 2004, 07:24 PM
Southern MA. USA
Joined Jan 2003
623 Posts
Thanks Guys,

But it's too late, my fault, you know how it is when you get the bug for something, I looked at it yesterday at the hobby shop, it had just come in and looked kind of cute so I stopped in and picked it up on my way home from work, I could bring it back but the the LHS owner is a pretty good guy, I've exchanged a few planes in the past and I don't want him to arch his back every time I walk into the store, and he has given me alott of breaks on stuff, so I'll keep it and see what I can do to get it to fly half decent.

I've had a few planes in the past that were real dogs that ended up flying very well after a fair amount of tinkering.

You guys could help me out a little more though if you could tell me what you thought was wrong with it, for example, one of you said the controll serfaces were too small, How did it act when control was applied, another complaint was that it is to heavy, was it the whole plane or is it heavy in the nose or tail, someone else said it was under powered, would a bigger motor help, or a different gear ratio.

Again, thanks for the help, Ef
Moe M. is offline Find More Posts by Moe M.
Old Aug 04, 2004, 07:37 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,955 Posts
Mine fly's ok with the setup they recommend. My problem with this plane is the outrageous claims on the box. They say that if you go with the setup they recommend, that it will hover/etc. Good luck with that. It will fly, but not do anything like they claim. Now if you put an eflite brushless in, I have used the 400-4200 with 3 lithpoly cells, then you get some performance. It is a heavier plane.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack