SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2014, 10:04 AM
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
Discussion
Epic Crash on new T960

Oh we'll...ordering replacement parts already LOL. I built a Tarot T960 with the intentions of building overkill on power to later add a heavier camera and gimbal. It has a GoPro on a beholder gimbal at the moment. I put AKE 340kv motors with AKE 40a OPTO's and APC 16x5.5's on it. Who would have thought that a hex that weighs 13lbs was a stunt craft?

First flight went well bit it was a bit twitchy from gains on naza being too high. Got 28min of mixed flying but no aggressive stuff on first flight with 2 Glacier 6s 8000mha batteries.

Reduced the gains significantly and made 2nd flight. My dumb self decided to punch the throttle and pitch forward. It took off really quickly and when I brought the forward pitch back. The Hex did a front to back flip and quickly planted itself onto the concrete driveway

Broke the rear 2 folding arms and almost all of the props are gouged from the concrete with. 2 props being broken. Bent some of the aluminum on the gimbal but that can probably be bent back straight.

Live and learn I say. Why did I build a large hex to film with then try to play joe hot rod? It is my own fault but I really didn't think it would have the power to do 360's
Bistem is offline Find More Posts by Bistem
to remove ads between posts