SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2013, 02:18 PM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
Discussion
transmitter on and motor runs?

Hi Guys.

I`m a little confused again. Why does the motor run when my tx is on?

I can`t get a neutral setting on the trim. I have to push the stick all the way down
to stop the motor. I`m trying to set up the esc. The last thing to do. Thanks
Willj is offline Find More Posts by Willj
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2013, 03:35 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,747 Posts
Finish setting up the esc.
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:02 PM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
IT`s difficult to set up the esc when I cant really slow it down effectively, to a neutral point.

Has anyone else experienced this syndrome?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:45 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,747 Posts
Unplug the motor, not needed for set up.
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:08 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2011
2,173 Posts
Did you swap the rudder servo into the throttle port on your receiver, to confirm that you did not get any radio damage, when you shorted your batteries? Also, some of the new SMART, auto set-up, ESC's, do not like working with some of the older style radios. As I noticed that yours was either on 75 or 27. Also, is it a major brand ESC, or something salvaged, or from HK? All this, makes a BIG difference. CaptCB
CaptCB is offline Find More Posts by CaptCB
Old Mar 31, 2013, 06:58 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
3,005 Posts
Best thing is to read the set-up instructions for the ESC. This normally involves turning on the TX first, setting the chosen stick to the desired neutral, then switching on the RX/ESC. The ESC (if its a modern one) could give you a couple of seconds to press a button to put it into training mode. In that mode, it will expect to be presented with neutral, it will then want to be given full forward, then full reverse. Earlier generation ESCs might have a pair of trim pots to do the same job. The instructions will usually give the answers.
It is a marine type, and not a forward only flight type, isn't it?
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02
Old Apr 01, 2013, 05:05 AM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr02 View Post
Best thing is to read the set-up instructions for the ESC. This normally involves turning on the TX first, setting the chosen stick to the desired neutral, then switching on the RX/ESC. The ESC (if its a modern one) could give you a couple of seconds to press a button to put it into training mode. In that mode, it will expect to be presented with neutral, it will then want to be given full forward, then full reverse. Earlier generation ESCs might have a pair of trim pots to do the same job. The instructions will usually give the answers.
It is a marine type, and not a forward only flight type, isn't it?
It is a marine esc. Expensive at that. The tx cost 70.00. It`s probly crap
Once I charge up my batteries and find some time, I`ll give it another go.

Thanks for the tips guys. appreciated.
Old Apr 01, 2013, 09:13 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
3,005 Posts
Another set-up muck-up I've run into is having the servo reverse on that channel of the TX set to "rev" and not "nor". Trying to set up the ESC like that is, as I found, futile.
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02