SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:33 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbosche View Post
Hey Massive! Do you have more details on your box mod?
It's hard to do if you don't have 2 Mini Pet retail boxes to work with, but what you could do is trace the ears out onto another pice of card board, with the ears spaced about 7.5" from each other (at the folds), cut it out and then trace the center section out an cut, you should be able to make another smaller box.

You then just trim the plastic insert blister pak to fit.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:33 AM
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
I just received my Mini Pet from Banggood and found one of the blue LED were not working. I tried reconnecting the connectors on the main board but to no avail.

Goot is offline Find More Posts by Goot
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:22 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,703 Posts
Hi G,
Check the magnet wires that are bundled 4 on 1 to each of the wires on the plug connectors going to the LED socket. I suspect that either the one wire to that LED is not making good contact with the others due to bad soldering or removal of lacquer from the magnet wire, or possibly that LED has the wires reversed in the bundle and needs to be switched. Last of course is a bad LED. Not worth sending back for any of that obviously...so just get out your soldering pencil and fix it! It is part of this hobby anyway
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goot View Post
I just received my Mini Pet from Banggood and found one of the blue LED were not working. I tried reconnecting the connectors on the main board but to no avail.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
mini pet flying with a syma x1 FC? = yet another turnigy 9x micro lol

HHJ997 Mini Pet Quadcopter syma x1 turnigy 9x electronics FPV AVP mods Part 2 N3M1S1S (7 min 17 sec)
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:20 PM
Joined Nov 2011
164 Posts
Fantastic Mod Massive! I believe I'll follow suit. I also like the idea of using a foam lined box too. Guess I'll have to go to our local harbor freight and see if they have a box like that. If not, then a box mod is in order. Take care all and Happy flying!
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:33 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Aug 2012
205 Posts
got mine yesterday, in canada, and I ordered feb. 4th! less then 10 days

wow! this mini pet is totally awesome!! everybody in the office wants one now!
Mrhide is online now Find More Posts by Mrhide
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:11 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Aug 2012
205 Posts
.... brought it to the office : Total rage!! boss, sales and dev guys pretty much all bought one.

Brought it to our indoor fly last night, had to order: 7 of them this morning for all the boys!!

small size, small price, BIG FUN!!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:07 PM
Germany, HE, Darmstadt
Joined Jan 2013
164 Posts
My mini will arrive tomorrow. Let's see how it compares to my hubsan/revell minicopters. Most likely IŽll be able to just have fun with all of them.
gimmemopitch is offline Find More Posts by gimmemopitch
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:32 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,450 Posts
ordered mine today from MassiveOverkill can't wait to see how she flys!!
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:54 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Aug 2012
205 Posts
tonight is delivery of 7 and then it's will probably be a mini war in there!

will try to film it!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:43 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhide View Post
tonight is delivery of 7 and then it's will probably be a mini war in there!

will try to film it!
WOW that's going to be crazy!!!

I like mine how it flys I just ain't getting smooth circles with the left rudder how does your hover and rotate left and right with the left stick on the radio smooth tight circles? mine is good one direction and the other it tends to drift and not do a spin?
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:05 AM
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
Hi,

I bought a mini pet a month ago. Now, I want to control it with my flysky controler. I have already created my own receptor which output a PPM signal.

I look at the microcontroller on board, and it is a Atmel, but the number have been scratched. I can only read the last number which is 22A4. Does any one know which Atmel microcontroller model is in board?

Have a nice day.
Surfbreizh is offline Find More Posts by Surfbreizh
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:37 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,703 Posts
Hi S,
It is the same as the MJX X100, an ATXMEGA A32A4. Please post your mod when you finish it
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfbreizh View Post
Hi,

I bought a mini pet a month ago. Now, I want to control it with my flysky controler. I have already created my own receptor which output a PPM signal.

I look at the microcontroller on board, and it is a Atmel, but the number have been scratched. I can only read the last number which is 22A4. Does any one know which Atmel microcontroller model is in board?

Have a nice day.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:30 AM
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
Thank you.

I will post if I succed . I will try to flash it with a multiwii system.

Cheers,
Surfbreizh is offline Find More Posts by Surfbreizh
Old Apr 11, 2013, 02:51 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
My first really small quad was a MiniPet from MassiveRC.com

It was amazing that everything that the already pretty small Horizon Blade mQX I got last year had on it, was able to be shrunk in half and still fly very nicely.

My only beef was that the "Bee", the "Ladybird", and the "UFO" left something to be desired in the attractive looks department. I let it go until I got my 2nd baby quad the slightly smaller yet Hubsan X4 also from massiverc.com. It was even smaller with the ominous blue eyes and sveldt black full shell canopy. I had to add a bit of orange and red tape to help with orientation on that one, but it was a beauty next to the "bee". Next I picked up a Tower Heli-Max 1SQ, and after a $25 E-Mail Coupon Discount off the $49 Scratch and Dent sale price, it became the new bargain of all and a real battle in the looks department with it's ominous bug-like yet futuristic spaceship-esque canopy vs the Hubsan X4. The MiniPet was getting less and less airtime, but just because of its looks, it flew as nice as the others pretty much. The 1SQ got even better with the addition of the Nine Eagles Alien Drone Canopy, (the original quad that Heli-Max bought rights to).

I finally found a suitable donor body in a plastic packaging shell that was small enough for a baby quad.

A little trimming and painting and now the pet can fly proud again.

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Last edited by jgestner; Apr 11, 2013 at 03:48 PM.