'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman57 View Post
Hi,
is there any way to reconfigure the out puts on the 12 ch v2 rx,
I also have a dji wookong m on another machine and would like to change the sticks as well.
Iam using ppm
Unfortunately that's one big flaw in the Naza firmware. All these years it's been out and they STILL haven't provided a method of changing the channel mapping in the DJI firmware? What a shame. Of course, that's one of the many reasons I sold mine and won't go back to DJI controllers...though they are the easiest to set up of all the ones I've tried.

When I first got my MPX Royal Evo Tx I thought the Tx's channel mapping was a godsend. It made it soooooooo easy to configure any way you wanted. I then moved to a 9X and now a Taranis...all with full channel mapping. I can't see myself buying a Tx without that capability now. If you don't have that sort of capability in your Tx and aren't using the MicroRx you are stuck with your fixed channel mapping. Sorry...
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 05:23 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Tivo View Post
I knew about that but i wanted to do it with Futaba Fast and all 12ch available.

Mike:

So i will assume CPPM and PPM are the same, since after an extensive search on the internet CPPM is not described under MODULATION TYPES for signal processing.

Thanks
Felipe
I will make the same guess I have never heard as CPPM being something different than PPM. I think one company just added an extra letter on there...

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 05:25 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmanusa View Post
Hmm, thanks Mike, but Im not sure the naze will function properly with the 3 wire connector on channel 7, again, this is my first time working with a naze fc. Per NAZE instructions, channel 1 need to be all 3 wires..assuming control would be messed up if first channel on naze connected to channel 7??
That is not true. It will not make any difference weather it is physically channel 1 or 7 on the Micro RX. The ONLY thing that matters is that you connect PPM out from the Micro RX to PPM IN on the NAZE. What pins that happens to be makes ZERO DIFFERENCE. Channel 7 is PPM if you have not changed it...

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanp View Post
The GUI will work only for the micro Rx and not for the Full size v2 receiver. When they release a new 12 channel receiver (maybe next year) it will work.
The 12 channel receiver design is basically done, and all I need to do is make a test units, and make sure they work correctly. Release will be January, maybe February if we are slow

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman57 View Post
Hi,
is there any way to reconfigure the out puts on the 12 ch v2 rx,
I also have a dji wookong m on another machine and would like to change the sticks as well.
Iam using ppm
If you are using PPM, then there is no need to configure outputs. You just need to chose what function each channel is for on the DJI software.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM
Joined May 2012
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
The 12 channel receiver design is basically done, and all I need to do is make a test units, and make sure they work correctly. Release will be January, maybe February if we are slow

Mike
Mike tends to be overly optimistic on these timings, the schematic and PCB layout are not even finished yet. Lets say I deliver the pcb design in a week... then there is 4 weeks to get prototypes manufactured, then a week to get prototypes to dennis for doing the software, assuming the completely new design and completely new rf module are all good and working as expected, it'll take him a week to verify and modify the microrx code for the new rx, (7 weeks out now), then we need to get volume pcbs manufactured and some stock level built up (4-8 weeks). Products take about 3-4 months to get from end of design to ready to go. We're not at end of design yet.

My bet is more like April or May - assuming we dont need any major pcb changes, and our manufacturers, assemblers and component supply chain all run smoothly - so ready for summer next year. As I said... don't hold any projects off waiting for it.
Ascended is online now Find More Posts by Ascended
Last edited by Ascended; Yesterday at 09:48 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Joined Dec 2014
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post

OR

You can use 2 Micro receivers, and assign channel 1- 6 to the first one, and assign channels 6 - 12 to the second one.

Mike
This is Michael K. Mike. This quote is good news to Me because it's the level of My IQ. What about antenna placement for the two RX? Do they need separation? Or, orientation?
Slower than durt is offline Find More Posts by Slower than durt
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower than durt View Post
This is Michael K. Mike. This quote is good news to Me because it's the level of My IQ. What about antenna placement for the two RX? Do they need separation? Or, orientation?
The separation depends on how far you will be flying. For a copter, they could be fairly close to each other with no problem. More than 15 CM apart for best range, if on a plane that will fly further than 20 KM.... I have done this on my planes and it works out very well If you were flying less than 10 KM, they could be within 10 CM of each other and they would probably work fine. Just remember, further apart is better when possible. Any more than 30 CM and does not matter anymore.... Any distance beyond that should be the same.

All antennas should always be Vertical !!! Video and Dragon Link.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Joined Dec 2014
7 Posts
Right on. Thanks Mike. On a related subject, Are coax cable jumpers to lengthen, or connectors to angle the coax runs too much loss? I'm working on a big plane, 11.5 feet tip to tip. 30 CM? No problem! Mike K.
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower than durt View Post
Right on. Thanks Mike. On a related subject, Are coax cable jumpers to lengthen, or connectors to angle the coax runs too much loss? I'm working on a big plane, 11.5 feet tip to tip. 30 CM? No problem! Mike K.
At 433 Mhz the cable-loss is minimal and not anything to worry too much about, as long as we're talking the length needed on any normal planes. Getting the antenna away from any noisy equipment on the plane, is far more important.
Better use the correct cable-length rather than extra angled connectors, extension cables etc.
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
813 Posts
Need another micro rx but FPVPRO is out! Gotta have one so I can fly this new TBS gemini before christmas!
represent is offline Find More Posts by represent
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
Joined Dec 2014
7 Posts
That's what I was hoping Mr. Frie. I have to use extensions but will avoid any connectors. I can get some coax custom made to span beyond My last servo in the wings, as it is farther than the longest DL antenna can reach. Thanks for the help! Mike K.
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Mike tends to be overly optimistic on these timings, the schematic and PCB layout are not even finished yet. Lets say I deliver the pcb design in a week... then there is 4 weeks to get prototypes manufactured, then a week to get prototypes to dennis for doing the software, assuming the completely new design and completely new rf module are all good and working as expected, it'll take him a week to verify and modify the microrx code for the new rx, (7 weeks out now), then we need to get volume pcbs manufactured and some stock level built up (4-8 weeks). Products take about 3-4 months to get from end of design to ready to go. We're not at end of design yet.

My bet is more like April or May - assuming we dont need any major pcb changes, and our manufacturers, assemblers and component supply chain all run smoothly - so ready for summer next year. As I said... don't hold any projects off waiting for it.
Well that may be April or May AUSTRALIAN time. We here in the US go by a different clock...kinda like we celebrate Christmas during the winter...not in the middle of summer by wearing a bikini to the beach... Jesh mate!!!!!!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:10 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,809 Posts
crap help.
today i turned on my transmitter all i get is a flashing red light on my dl transmitter.
help

never mind working now getting green light
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by papabatman; Today at 12:22 AM.