SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:49 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc9 View Post

. The picture above is from a V2 #11 with the 2 LEDs situated below the lens cut-out.

I´ve been asking for advice on the #18 tread but now when I came across this
pic........ maybye.... Isoprop you don´t happen to have a pic of the flipp side?

Does the #11 cam also have 2 led´s (red charg/yellow on)?

My Problem will remain seens I can´t load any firmware anyhowe, but at least I´ll know why if I can confirm it´s not #18 but an #11 v2 cam I´ve got
The coil at the top left was broken by the previous owner but should look like the one next to the USB socket at the bottom right. This is how the board looked before I started stripping it....

It was originally sold as a #11, but I believe is identical to the #18. When (if) I manage to repair it, I'll know for sure. Among other things, the DRAM Hynix chip on the first picture is shorted. Since they are identical, both boards have 2 LEDs.

I believe the only difference between the #11 and #18 is in the bootloader, resp. the firmware.

Here's the reverse side.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:16 PM
rc9
Sverige, Skåne län, Eslöv
Joined Dec 2011
10 Posts
Thank you.
Now I´m 99.99999% shure it´s a #11 insted of the #18.
I would be very happy if someone´s got any info regarding bootloader or Firmware that might work whith this Brand new #11 V2 Cam. Please feel free to send a private massage if you like. I can´t belive they´ve locked it from making personal settings like correct date/time or lack of it
rc9 is offline Find More Posts by rc9
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:54 AM
Germany, lake of Konstanz
Joined Nov 2004
67 Posts
After getting nice little 90° USB plugs from China I have made a cable harness for my quadrocopter, including a UBEC module from Turingy for 5V supply. The #16 cam works now at my 5.8 GHz transmitter, but I got confronted with a further problem. My OSD module seems not to be able to synchronize with the cameras' video signal, so a further indication that there is still something wrong with the PAL signal timing. Any ideas?

Regards, Gerd
GerdS is offline Find More Posts by GerdS
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:08 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and want to post my 808 No 11 video but there seems to be no guidlines on how to do that, Please advise.
spitfire934 is offline Find More Posts by spitfire934
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:18 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
Just upload your video to You-Tube then copy and Paste the URL address of where on You-Tube your video is into your post.
You might need to include {URL}You-Tube Address{/URL} - But use square [ ] brackets.
Hope some of that made sense.
-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:34 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerdS View Post
After getting nice little 90° USB plugs from China I have made a cable harness for my quadrocopter, including a UBEC module from Turingy for 5V supply. The #16 cam works now at my 5.8 GHz transmitter, but I got confronted with a further problem. My OSD module seems not to be able to synchronize with the cameras' video signal, so a further indication that there is still something wrong with the PAL signal timing. Any ideas?

Regards, Gerd
ooo err nasty - I think you will need to find someone with an oscilloscope and then look at the video out signal, compared with a known good video source .....
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:15 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:

Regards, Gerd
May I ask you where you found the right angled 8-pin mini-USB plugs? All I have ever found is those clumsy 90° angled adapters, which is not what I want.

Or are you indeed referring to a #16 and not a #11? Gets confusing!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:21 AM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:

Regards, Gerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
May I ask you where you found the right angled 8-pin mini-USB plugs? All I have ever found is those clumsy 90° angled adapters, which is not what I want.

Or are you indeed referring to a #16 and not a #11? Gets confusing!

Unless I missed something, the #11 doesn't have video out.

Gerd, I suspect you hadn't noticed that the #16 thread you posted in previously has closed and has consequently fallen off the first page of the Aerial Photography forum, so you accidentally posted to this, the #11 thread.

The #16 thread has now moved to a new location.
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:20 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob View Post
Unless I missed something, the #11 doesn't have video out.

It is my belief that the only difference is the #11 is not supplied with a video-out cable. But I could be wrong. Others have reported they cannot use the configuration FW with the #11, although I can't understand this. I have updated my old 5-pin USB original #11s with the latest bootloader and firmware, and they work - obviously without video-out.

The #11 seller asked that the bootloader is not made available, so this could also have something to do with the mystery.

Many people keep asking about the difference, but there is no clear answer. I just wish the developer would communicate what the difference is, if any.

If (big IF) I manage to get my burnt 8-pin USB #11 working I'll know more and post here.

If the only difference is the cable, then there's no reason in keeping the #11 naming convention except for marketing purposes. It's just confusing.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:19 PM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Thanks Isoprop, my two #11s are the old 5 pin version, so no go for me.

Sorry to say I haven't kept fully abreast of this thread and any developments with this camera, once the #16 came out.
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:38 PM
Joined Aug 2007
11 Posts
Hi
Has anyone tried to fit the #16 120 degrees lens on the #11 ?
Thanks
Miniwintz is offline Find More Posts by Miniwintz
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:05 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniwintz View Post
Hi
Has anyone tried to fit the #16 120 degrees lens on the #11 ?
Thanks
It works fine. I prefer the HK wing lens, and that's what I have in now. Be careful not to get dirt inside or tear the ribbon cable.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:47 PM
Joined Aug 2007
11 Posts
Thank you! The thing is, the #16 lens can be purchased separately for $10, I don't know if it is the case for the HK's
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:20 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,476 Posts
Right, anyway the D lens is ok. I got water in mine, so watch that. Also the IR filter is in the back of the lens, it is not glued very well. Good luck!
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:09 PM
Joined Aug 2007
11 Posts
Thanks! For now, I'm using the popular "magnetic" Fish-eye lens, securely stuck with some epoxy. I'll change it for the #16 D lens if it falls off
Closed Thread