HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2014, 06:01 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2014
8 Posts
Discussion
Buyer Beware ... WRONG ORDER

I have been eagerly awaiting my order from Hobbyking since last week. I ordered 8 4s 2650 batteries and this is what I get instead (see images)

I will be updating this thread depending on what support I get. This is just absolutely unacceptable to mix up orders like this. I also tried calling their "customer support phone" but what a joke, its just an automated ordering service!
ricebowl1988 is online now Find More Posts by ricebowl1988
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2014, 06:39 PM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,976 Posts
Mistakes happen, do you know of any service involving humans or computers that is perfect?

The phone number is noted to be for ordering, not customer service issues. They have live chat and the ability to open help desk ticket. It will take time, don't expect an immediate resolution.

Where did the order come from, US or HK? I see you note the order got mixed up, any chance these items were also purchased and they shipped the lipos via another source?

Hold off on any PP action, that will probably gum up the process (but do file it if nothing is settled within say 35 days).

There is a Customer service rep in the HK forums as well that can help. You can PM him here.
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:59 AM
Joined Feb 2014
8 Posts
What probably happened at hobbyking was they stuck the wrong shipping label on the wrong box. Someone got a really good deal worth much more than what they actually ordered. These kind of mistakes are unacceptable especially when you get an email saying "your order has been double checked.." Also not to mention the huge loss that hobbyking has to absorb in these transactions resulting in higher prices for all of us.

they offered me a refund and reimburse shipping. They would not agree to cross-ship the product so I ended up buying it again, now lets hope they really refund my money.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:18 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,310 Posts
Have you checked your account? Credits for returns are posted when given.
NOTE - credits (at the present time) are not good for shipping charges, only hardware. You'll have some extra money for parts but will have to pay again for shipping. It all ends up even in the end but is kind of a senseless rule IMO. Use the HK CS NYC contact if you need help with your order. PM here .
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 12, 2014, 06:13 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,541 Posts
As some one else said accidents can happen but at least HK was quick to resolve this for you,what made me laugh at this thread though is you still sound as though your not satisfied,i guess there is no pleasing some people.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Apr 15, 2014, 08:24 AM
Joined Feb 2014
8 Posts
Where have I said it is fully resolved yet? I have not yet got my refund yet and from what hoppy is saying they dont return the charge back to the credit card and give store credit only. Thats another story but lets talk about risk and burden of proof. When hobbyking gets the package they have every right to investigate. I am sure someone has tried to fraud them by saying they sent the wrong order. How can I prove it if push comes to shove? There was no itemized receipt in the package either. Pretty much they can screw me over if they want even though it was their screwup to begin with.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 08:47 AM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,976 Posts
the weight of the package...a couple of props and wires versus 8 4S batteries. Gotta be a variance there!
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:24 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,310 Posts
dupe
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:26 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricebowl1988 View Post
what hoppy is saying they dont return the charge back to the credit card and give store credit only..
No, I didn't say that. I said store credits can't be used for shipping charges.
"NOTE - credits (at the present time) are not good for shipping charges, only hardware."

They will return money to your CC or PayPal if requested to do so. If not specifically requested, the money is refunded as credits.

Try PM'ing the US CS group here. for help.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 01:45 PM
United States, TX, Magnolia
Joined Jan 2014
6 Posts
Ricebowl, the exact same thing happened to me in march, ordered $145 worth of merchandise including lipos, received 9 1s lipos and 2 props for a p-51 mustang. I immediately did an rma and shipped items back and emailed back and forth for 2 weeks and I was not impressed with their responses. They acknowledged receiving unwanted items but still needed to "investigate". I got tired of it and filed a paypal dispute then they said they'd refund my money if I cancelled dispute, I just escalated to a claim and won. If you cancel the dispute you have no more recourse. From now on when I order from hobbyking I will make sure it's stuff I do not need in a hurry and always use paypal. The order was from the us warehouse too.
dupjr is online now Find More Posts by dupjr
Old Apr 16, 2014, 09:51 AM
Joined Feb 2014
8 Posts
Thanks for clarifying hoppy, I will ask them for credits. I will post here when I hear back from them, so far it looks good and they responded to the ticket. Thanks for the tip dupjr, will file a dispute if things go south.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 02:09 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricebowl1988 View Post
I have not yet got my refund yet and from what hoppy is saying they dont return the charge back to the credit card and give store credit only.
Pretty much they can screw me over if they want even though it was their screwup to begin with.
Their default action is to return store credit. You contact them and they'll convert that to a refund.

They make their money by selling stuff, not fraud. They may accurately be accused of slowness, incompetence, and growing faster than they're able to handle, but not fraud.

And they're trying to make things right. Contact the NY guys, it seems they're putting a lot of effort into fixing up issues such as yours.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar