HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2014, 01:42 PM
Joined Feb 2014
20 Posts
Discussion
Opinions

I am considering getting a micro, with two Parkzones in mind. The Mosquito and the P51.

The P51 does have the AS3X technology, which is the reason I am considering it with the Mosquito (since I like that plane better.)

I am looking at the micros because it is seems easier to get out and fly, just need a small park, parking lot ect. whereas with my large wing models you need a big space that isn't occupied.

Currently I fly the apprentice and a stinson reliant.

How different do micro's fly? Is it so different I would be better off with the champ?

Thanks
BrianLas is offline Find More Posts by BrianLas
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2014, 03:18 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
5,793 Posts
you should be fine on the micros. although it may not hurt to start with a t-28, i think you can manage on any of the other warbirds. just remember micros seem twitchier so either use low rates or expo for your maiden.

AS3X helps a LOT to fly in the wind. i flew the E-Flite Mig and PZ Spit and it was clear they were easier to manage than the GP F-86. so my vote is for the P-51. however, you should go with what you want. no point in a plane that isn't your first choice. make sure you check the dedicated thread of each plane here in the Micros forum before any decision.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Mar 26, 2014, 07:51 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,125 Posts
Another one you might look at is the little Beast. It is very stable (feels like a 40 sized plane), yet it will do the aerobatics with the best of them. Just a good all around fun plane.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Mar 26, 2014, 09:08 PM
Joined Oct 2011
332 Posts
I have almost given up replacing worn-out brushed motors in little Parkzone airplanes that get blown around in the wind.

But my UMX Carbon Cub and UMX Icon have powerful brushless motors that last forever.
They can fly slow or fast and the Carbon Cub can takeoff from a picnic table and the Icon can takeoff from grass, snow, water or a parking lot in a small area. Wind does not bother them much and they both have AS3X.
Audioguru is offline Find More Posts by Audioguru