HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:50 AM
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Help!
Blinking RED on LED in Honey Bee V2 4 in 1

So. For a long time my HB was stationary, cause only the right stick worked (i.e. moved the servos) and the left didn't do anything (i.e. engine didn't work), and the LED was blinking red and green. So today I've decided to try and rebind the TX to the HB. I turned on the heli (without turning on the TX), held the button on the 4 in 1, it started flashing red quickly, and I turned off the heli. As I did so, the moment I disconnected the battery from the heli, the swashplate pulled quickly to the right (had no idea what then meant, so I kept on). Then, I activated the TX, and when the LED on the TX was blinking, I turned on the heli, but then, the LED on the 4 in 1 only blank slowly in red, holding the button on it doesn't do anything, activating the TX doesn't make anything move, and the only thing the 4 in 1 does is blink in red, and doesn't react to ANYTHING. Any ideas...?

Thank you :\
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2013, 08:01 AM
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
OK, now another strange thing happened...
I turned on the heli (the 4 in 1 was blinking red), then, I turned on the TX, the 4 in 1 started flashing quickly in red. The I turned off the heli, and when I turned it on normally again, the right stick of thr TX reacted, but the left one didn't (same as before), and the 4 in 1 is solid red. I turn it on, the red blinks a bit, then the gyro centers the swashplate, and the LED on the 4 in 1 becomes solid red. And only the right stick reacts...

What is going on? :S
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:09 AM
Certified Heli Addict
Joined Apr 2011
684 Posts
subscribed
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:40 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Ghost in the machine
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Mar 31, 2013, 03:39 AM
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfa View Post
Ghost in the machine
Then... Ghost Busters?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 07:06 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,515 Posts
For starters, the TX for any RC craft should be turned on first and then off last. Never power the heli without the TX turned on to tell it what it should be doing. Powering the heli first is a good way for the heli to spin up unexpectedly in you hand with no control over it.

Make sure both the throttle and throttle trim is at full low before powering anything up. Many models have a throttle fail safe and the throttle will not work if any throttle or throttle trim is detected.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Mar 31, 2013, 07:41 AM
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
For starters, the TX for any RC craft should be turned on first and then off last. Never power the heli without the TX turned on to tell it what it should be doing. Powering the heli first is a good way for the heli to spin up unexpectedly in you hand with no control over it.

Make sure both the throttle and throttle trim is at full low before powering anything up. Many models have a throttle fail safe and the throttle will not work if any throttle or throttle trim is detected.
First, I've only turned the heli on without the TX just for rebinding the TX (and I took the blades of, for safety).
Second, I've checked a million times already that the throttle&rudder trim&stick are at null, still nothing.
Shouldn't the LED on the 4 in 1 be solid green when it's working? I've got it solid red, and then only the right stick reacts
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:54 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihax209 View Post
First, I've only turned the heli on without the TX just for rebinding the TX (and I took the blades of, for safety).
Second, I've checked a million times already that the throttle&rudder trim&stick are at null, still nothing.
Shouldn't the LED on the 4 in 1 be solid green when it's working? I've got it solid red, and then only the right stick reacts
Yes, it's should go green when armed. The throttle and trim is the usual culprit, and not knowing your experience level, it was my first thought. Your 4&1 is not arming your throttle for some reason. Hopefully someone else will chime in with other ideas.

Good luck
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Mar 31, 2013, 06:29 PM
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Yes, it's should go green when armed. The Your 4&1 is not arming your throttle for some reason. Hopefully someone else will chime in with other ideas.

Good luck
Ahh ok, so it's not binding the throttle (probably), now at least I have a direction for a solution, thank you for that
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
I have a Honey Bee and its been known to go berserk. I have been having some binding problems lately and have had to rebind it every so often. One day it went beserk and took off full blast when starting to idle up. Be careful . It may be wise to just buy a new 4 in 1 .
Old Apr 01, 2013, 04:24 AM
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfa View Post
I have a Honey Bee and its been known to go berserk. I have been having some binding problems lately and have had to rebind it every so often. One day it went beserk and took off full blast when starting to idle up. Be careful . It may be wise to just buy a new 4 in 1 .
The thing is that it is a new 4 in 1. I've only been in one flight (of about 30 minutes with 3 batteries), and then that happened. No crash, no smell of anything burning, nothing... And 4 in 1s are quite costy :/
Old Apr 01, 2013, 06:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Google the utube how to bind honey bee.