HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:50 AM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Help!
Blinking RED on LED in Honey Bee V2 4 in 1

So. For a long time my HB was stationary, cause only the right stick worked (i.e. moved the servos) and the left didn't do anything (i.e. engine didn't work), and the LED was blinking red and green. So today I've decided to try and rebind the TX to the HB. I turned on the heli (without turning on the TX), held the button on the 4 in 1, it started flashing red quickly, and I turned off the heli. As I did so, the moment I disconnected the battery from the heli, the swashplate pulled quickly to the right (had no idea what then meant, so I kept on). Then, I activated the TX, and when the LED on the TX was blinking, I turned on the heli, but then, the LED on the 4 in 1 only blank slowly in red, holding the button on it doesn't do anything, activating the TX doesn't make anything move, and the only thing the 4 in 1 does is blink in red, and doesn't react to ANYTHING. Any ideas...?

Thank you :\
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2013, 08:01 AM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
OK, now another strange thing happened...
I turned on the heli (the 4 in 1 was blinking red), then, I turned on the TX, the 4 in 1 started flashing quickly in red. The I turned off the heli, and when I turned it on normally again, the right stick of thr TX reacted, but the left one didn't (same as before), and the 4 in 1 is solid red. I turn it on, the red blinks a bit, then the gyro centers the swashplate, and the LED on the 4 in 1 becomes solid red. And only the right stick reacts...

What is going on? :S
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:09 AM
Certified Heli Addict
RaymondM's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
684 Posts
subscribed
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:40 PM
Registered User
bobfa's Avatar
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Ghost in the machine
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 03:39 AM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfa View Post
Ghost in the machine
Then... Ghost Busters?
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 07:06 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
6,515 Posts
For starters, the TX for any RC craft should be turned on first and then off last. Never power the heli without the TX turned on to tell it what it should be doing. Powering the heli first is a good way for the heli to spin up unexpectedly in you hand with no control over it.

Make sure both the throttle and throttle trim is at full low before powering anything up. Many models have a throttle fail safe and the throttle will not work if any throttle or throttle trim is detected.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 07:41 AM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
For starters, the TX for any RC craft should be turned on first and then off last. Never power the heli without the TX turned on to tell it what it should be doing. Powering the heli first is a good way for the heli to spin up unexpectedly in you hand with no control over it.

Make sure both the throttle and throttle trim is at full low before powering anything up. Many models have a throttle fail safe and the throttle will not work if any throttle or throttle trim is detected.
First, I've only turned the heli on without the TX just for rebinding the TX (and I took the blades of, for safety).
Second, I've checked a million times already that the throttle&rudder trim&stick are at null, still nothing.
Shouldn't the LED on the 4 in 1 be solid green when it's working? I've got it solid red, and then only the right stick reacts
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:54 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihax209 View Post
First, I've only turned the heli on without the TX just for rebinding the TX (and I took the blades of, for safety).
Second, I've checked a million times already that the throttle&rudder trim&stick are at null, still nothing.
Shouldn't the LED on the 4 in 1 be solid green when it's working? I've got it solid red, and then only the right stick reacts
Yes, it's should go green when armed. The throttle and trim is the usual culprit, and not knowing your experience level, it was my first thought. Your 4&1 is not arming your throttle for some reason. Hopefully someone else will chime in with other ideas.

Good luck
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 06:29 PM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Yes, it's should go green when armed. The Your 4&1 is not arming your throttle for some reason. Hopefully someone else will chime in with other ideas.

Good luck
Ahh ok, so it's not binding the throttle (probably), now at least I have a direction for a solution, thank you for that
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:22 PM
Registered User
bobfa's Avatar
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
I have a Honey Bee and its been known to go berserk. I have been having some binding problems lately and have had to rebind it every so often. One day it went beserk and took off full blast when starting to idle up. Be careful . It may be wise to just buy a new 4 in 1 .
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2013, 04:24 AM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfa View Post
I have a Honey Bee and its been known to go berserk. I have been having some binding problems lately and have had to rebind it every so often. One day it went beserk and took off full blast when starting to idle up. Be careful . It may be wise to just buy a new 4 in 1 .
The thing is that it is a new 4 in 1. I've only been in one flight (of about 30 minutes with 3 batteries), and then that happened. No crash, no smell of anything burning, nothing... And 4 in 1s are quite costy :/
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2013, 06:06 AM
Registered User
bobfa's Avatar
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Google the utube how to bind honey bee.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold New Esky Honey Bee V2 Parts powdermnky007 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 27, 2013 10:26 PM
For Sale Esky Honey Bee v2 FP first generation RTF w/Accessories Capgun_Slim Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 06, 2013 11:58 AM
Help! New 4 in 1 in Honey Bee V2 not working and blinking red and green mihax209 Micro Helis 1 Sep 21, 2012 01:09 PM
Sold Esky Honey Bee FP V2 (red) and lots of spares upgrades just 1 flight on it jedi391 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jan 07, 2011 04:33 PM
Discussion Honey Bee II 4 in 1 light stays red jimmy.joe Micro Helis 1 Jun 11, 2007 02:53 AM