HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2013, 02:30 PM
Joined Mar 2013
0 Posts
Discussion
rc jets

I'd like to leave a few comments about the ScratchBuilders guide i found on RCPOWERS. I am a complete newbie to r/c aircraft. I do have a good sense of flight characteristics and can though distinguish it etc. but completely newbie to the R/C world. After i purchased this Course and went through it ,now I can say the information contained here is priceless. This course does a great job in two ways:
A) It goes over one of their kits in DETAIL.
B) Explaining general and intermediate (yet you feel advanced after comprehending it all) knowledge of r/c aircraft and ALL of its components.
The only questions you'll walk away with are how to make to it better in a sense that you truly fully comprehend the r/c aircraft. As a newbie that's now better learned on r/c aircraft I can only attribute to having this course. Thank you rcpowers!!!

This site contains largest ParkJet communities and provides its customers fast flying services.

jets rc hope you guys will like it

regards!
esti is offline Find More Posts by esti
Last edited by esti; Mar 28, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 04:32 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,281 Posts
well sounds like spam to me
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Mar 28, 2013, 04:50 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,211 Posts
I'd say so, a complete newbie to RC that found RCPowers site (well known on this forum) and had to share with other newbies. I don't buy it.

Notice in their post the "Registration is painless" part is an image.
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Mar 28, 2013, 05:00 PM
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
10,513 Posts
I don't begrudge anyone trying to make a few bucks, but I'm sure every bit as good advice and information (and better) is available right in this forum, for free. Along with plans of models similar too and quite possibly better than those RCPowers sells.

I only know RCPowers from watching a few of their videos and while they seem genuine and enthusiastic I'm not sure their knowledge and advice is always the very best.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Mar 28, 2013, 05:42 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
3,617 Posts
I agree. But I especially enjoyed RC Powers explaining all about desirable characteristics for a first plane while the video is showing him flying an F-22 jet all over the place. Talk about mixed messages!
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Mar 28, 2013, 07:51 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
well sounds like spam to me
Could be. This is a dead giveaway "... RCPOWERS. I am a complete newbie to r/c aircraft."

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 28, 2013, 09:39 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,844 Posts
Quote:
I only know RCPowers from watching a few of their videos and while they seem genuine and enthusiastic I'm not sure their knowledge and advice is always the very best.
+1
My fav video is the one when he is doing a "review" of a little foamy MiG 15.
Says the elevs are just to small to be effective and makes some new ones that are twice the size as the originals.
...it was a vicious snap stall into the dirt.
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:59 PM
Seattle Area
Joined Aug 2007
4,441 Posts
In the early videos, he has a cute wife that giggles and is 100% behind his crazy planes & has cute things to say. Plus there's that fella he pulled out of a dumpster that does something also. Not sure why he's there.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:07 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
+1
My fav video is the one when he is doing a "review" of a little foamy MiG 15.
Says the elevs are just to small to be effective and makes some new ones that are twice the size as the originals.
...it was a vicious snap stall into the dirt.
LOL! Remember that one! I agree, enthusiastic, but quite often wrong! Or at least he's right about things for the wrong reasons. But he's very like many (Not all!) of the airline captain's I dealt with, always KNOWS he's right!
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k