HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:21 PM
AircraftDesignEnthusiast
Joined Feb 2013
19 Posts
Discussion
Quick Q's On A YouTube Build

How to build a RC plane for $10 (part 1) (10 min 4 sec)

Hey all,

I'm somewhat a beginner in scratchbuilding & have a few Q's on a build I've seen on YouTube (please see link above)

1. He didn't explain how he constructed, attached & secured the horizontal & vertical stabilisers, so how did he do it?

2. Does anyone know of the dimensions of the aircraft, a guesstimate is what i'm looking for please

3. Is there a tailwheel present, as I couldn't see one

4. What transmitter (make/model) would be used for this build (please suggest a decent yet not a 'breaking-the-banks' kind of price)

5. As the user on YouTube doesn't respond to Q's i thought i'd ask you guys if you could give me a list of electronics/equipment/materials (apart from the foam board he suggested in the vid)

Many thanks in advance!

Ally
allysyard is offline Find More Posts by allysyard
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:49 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/foamies-scratchbuilt-428/ Lots of help with that here.
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:05 AM
AircraftDesignEnthusiast
Joined Feb 2013
19 Posts
Would you be kind enough in relocating my post to the appropriate thread please - the one you suggested?

Thank you
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:46 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,349 Posts
You've got a video, there is a little detail about some of the power system components if you look at it on YouTube, but there are not dimensions or any other details about the airplane.

It is not practical for people to tell you much or any thing about the plane just from looking at that video.

Look in the scratchbuilt foamies subforum for planes that are about that size and similar in style. It is a typical high wing trainer, here are a couple you could start with:

** Blu-Baby Primary Trainer ** - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681556

Trainer type plane - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281056

Good luck with it!

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:29 AM
AircraftDesignEnthusiast
Joined Feb 2013
19 Posts
Jackerbes: thanks for the reply, I'll be sure to check out some of the other similar designs, thanks for the replies, ally
Closed Thread