HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 01:03 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Yesterday, I tried to fly my V922. It chicken-danced a couple of times when I attempted take-off, which is not unusual. I decided to re-bind because I know it binds badly at times. After I did that, I have no power to the main motor. Everything else works, servos & tail motor, but the main motor isn't responding to the throttle. The motor and motor wires to the jst plug tested fine with direct power from a battery.

What could be the issue? FET? I don't see anyplace where there could have been a short. If it is the FET, which FET (where on the board) would it be and how can I test it to be sure?

What other possibilities could cause this no-power issue? Broken/bad solder connection at the board connector (looks OK, no response to movement while powered)?

Quote:
Most of what I'm reading on blown FET symptoms seems to talk about the motor spinning w/o throttle. I'm having the opposite problem. Does that rule out a blown FET?

Also, from this post and the one following it, I gather that the left-most "64BL" FET (looking at the component side of the Rx board) is the tail FET. Can I assume the the other two 64BL FETs are for the main motor?
Anybody?
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:22 AM
United States, MN, Saint Cloud
Joined Jun 2013
83 Posts
Quote:
Anybody?
The fet can blow in either the open or closed position.
4ndrew is offline Find More Posts by 4ndrew
Old Today, 09:33 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndrew View Post
The fet can blow in either the open or closed position.

Any way to verify FETs are the issue? Are there 2 FETs used for the motor? Are they the ones to the right of the tail FET, which I believe is the last FET in the row of three on the left? Do I need to replace both? Anyone have a link for FETs that work?

Zadaw, FyreSG, Daryoon..... I could use a little help......
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Today, 11:08 AM
Joined Nov 2013
267 Posts
The left fet is for the tail and the middle and right is for the main motor. Have you tried plugging in a new motor?
aED__ is online now Find More Posts by aED__