HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:13 AM
K4UAV
Miami, FL
Joined Jul 2003
1,748 Posts
Discussion
RCAPA still around?

Sorry if I have been out of the loop for a while, but is RCAPA still around? I tried contacting Patrick via RCAPA email and the forum but no reply. I noticed I seem to have disappeared from their list of members and did not know why? Anybody else 'lose' thier membership? As a member of AUVSI and other pro & semi-pro organizations, I felt it gave some credibility to me as an aerial pilot. I was #520 and now it seems #520 is Bill Houghtaling. If I join again, it seems like I just started this hobby when in fact I have been taking cameras up since about 2005.
Thanks,
-dave

Member Name: david albert

Membership Number: 520

Email: d******t@bellsouth.net

City: Miami

State/Country: FL

Phone: 305-788-****

Company: BDC, Inc

Interested in volunteering:

Heard about RCAPA from: RCGroups Forums

AP Platform Type: Fixed

Comments:

As a member please check out and join the members forum area
at http://www.rcapa.net/forums as this is the primary means of communication for the group.
The password for the forums if entering from the rcapa.net homepage is rcapa.net
If you would like to be listed on the Members Aerial Services page, then it is required that you provide a link back to us on your site.
dalbert02 is offline Find More Posts by dalbert02
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:08 PM
K4UAV
Miami, FL
Joined Jul 2003
1,748 Posts
bump
Old Jan 17, 2011, 09:57 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,247 Posts
Hey Dave,

As you might remember in the "bad ol' days" RCAPA was pretty well lionized for their efforts. As such, we ended up losing support and money even though Patrick did represent us in the FAA ARC - mostly out of his own pocket! The original board communicates, but there are no real resources to maintain lists, web sites and the forums. We have spoken of a resurrection when the time is right, but none of us have won the Powerball lottery yet.

Gene
CenTexFlyer is online now Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:05 PM
K4UAV
Miami, FL
Joined Jul 2003
1,748 Posts
That's a shame. It was a noble effort.
-dave