HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:07 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,492 Posts
This is a go. I will get the techs going on it.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2014, 01:05 PM
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
2,843 Posts
Fantastic! Thanks very much Jim.

Steve
Steve85 is offline Find More Posts by Steve85
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:37 PM
Lincoln, UK
Joined Jun 2005
615 Posts
I'm delighted to see that we've finally got a scale electric forum for non-ARTF/RTF models, thank you Steve for all the effort you've made in bringing this about. Now, onto the seemingly contentious matter of what constitutes a 'scratch' build! I, like Peter Rake, have always held the opinion that a scratch built model was one designed and built from scratch. Perhaps this is a UK thing because IIRC this is how British model magazines always described models. A plans built model by my/(our?) definition is not 'scratch built'. Having said that, I'm not offended by people calling plans built models 'scratch built' because it's normally self evident that they're plan built models in the first post and although my definition might vary from that of others, I'm not the authority on anything! Separating scratch built from plan built from kit built is utterly needless IMO as the model is still being built instead of simply assembled and an individual builder will incorporate their own ideas and changes in a way that an 'assembler' will not. As I've said elsewhere, I'd happily get rid of the warbird and airliner fora as all of the models within them could quite easily fit into one of the following four categories, (which, if you ask me are all that we need to cover all scale fixed-wing models):

1) Scale Electric
2) Scale Electric ARTF/RTF
3) Scale I/C
4) Scale I/C ARTF/RTF

Anyway, I'll shuddup, thanks again Steve!
Pete1978 is offline Find More Posts by Pete1978
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:27 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,386 Posts
After this experience I would vote for leaving things alone.
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:14 PM
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Feb 2006
1,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat daily View Post
after this experience i would vote for leaving things alone.
lol :d
dion9146 is online now Find More Posts by dion9146
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Gull plan pics