SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:18 AM
Joined Apr 2011
103 Posts
You guys running 5s on stock ESC's...I also use CHL batteries great batteries IMO
The Black Nova is offline Find More Posts by The Black Nova
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:21 AM
Joined Apr 2011
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
Hey Jezzejamez, I'm starting to notice you on a lot of the threads that I read. Must be the need for speed thing. I have a few a of the funfighters, t-28 and rarebear. I really like them but wish they were a little bigger, they get small really fast. How would you compare this to those? I believe you are on that thread as well. Also looking forward to those batteries. How do you like the quality of the CHL batteries? These will be my first.
Also check out the FMS Reno racers like Strega and Voodoo from ROC Hobby for $200 you cant beat them IMO. I switched the 4 blade for an 11X12 and its faster than the Moray by a good clip. Now I'm going for 5S on my Voodoo and Moray and waiting for someone to pick up an EFX racer in my club and go racing.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:33 AM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
2,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Nova View Post
You guys running 5s on stock ESC's...I also use CHL batteries great batteries IMO

i changed my esc to one I had lying around... Stock motor though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Nova View Post
Also check out the FMS Reno racers like Strega and Voodoo from ROC Hobby for $200 you cant beat them IMO. I switched the 4 blade for an 11X12 and its faster than the Moray by a good clip. Now I'm going for 5S on my Voodoo and Moray and waiting for someone to pick up an EFX racer in my club and go racing.

EFX stock is fun, but if you hop it up to my set up, boy it really moves and still has its ability to do the same aerobatics... I'm fishing for a 150mph daily foam flier....
Jezzejamez is online now Find More Posts by Jezzejamez
Old Jan 23, 2015, 09:11 PM
Joined Apr 2011
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzejamez View Post
i changed my esc to one I had lying around... Stock motor though...

EFX stock is fun, but if you hop it up to my set up, boy it really moves and still has its ability to do the same aerobatics... I'm fishing for a 150mph daily foam flier....
I found an E-flite 60 amp ESC laying around will that handle 5S on stock motor?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 03:42 AM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
2,220 Posts
Depends on the prop, im sure you can prop down to get lower amps...
Jezzejamez is online now Find More Posts by Jezzejamez