HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2014, 09:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
109 Posts
Discussion
Buyer Beware DJI

Be sure and do your research before investing in any DJI product! Just a pleasant reminder for all the people that want to jump on the drone bandwagon. Customer support is awful and most of their FC's have issues, not all, but it's your call to roll the dice or not...
opwan is offline Find More Posts by opwan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:16 PM
Manual will not flyaway :D
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,985 Posts
If your not going to take people's advice and build how you want then of course you are going to have problems, you have previously stated that you have a 1300 octocopter with esc under the arms and no extra capacitors, you obviously do not know what you are doing.

And here you even praise DJI's support

Quote:
Originally Posted by opwan View Post
Just build a 650 size machine and you will be a lot happier. I've had every Phantom. The Vision+ is lacking a little in video quality and the gimbal is weak and parts are pricey. The Phantom2 with Zenmuse gimbal is better but you have a little more expense in FPV gear. The FC 40 isn't even close for video. For about $2,000 you can build a Tarot 650 with gimbal on a rail system, no props in the shot, and FPV through the GoPro. Don't forget the mini IOSD because you will lose orientation sooner or later. And because flying your quad way the heck out there is a lot more relaxing when you have an on screen compass to get back home. Yea I know there is home lock mode, but trust me the on screen display for $69 is a no brainier. Been the Phantom route, nice product and had a blast but the 650 with Naza is a dream to fly, 36 minutes flight time with a 6 cell 10,000 mah battery and that's night flying with LEDs full bore! And I have a few! By the way, I had good luck with DJI customer support.
ecks is online now Find More Posts by ecks
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
272 Posts
Isn't this the same guy with the 'hate thread'?
Ronan87 is online now Find More Posts by Ronan87
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:23 PM
Joined Jan 2011
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecks View Post
If your not going to take people's advice and build how you want then of course you are going to have problems, you have previously stated that you have a 1300 octocopter with esc under the arms and no extra capacitors, you obviously do not know what you are doing.

Obviously you don't know what you are doing. I have never owned a 1300 and capacitors under the arms have nothing to do with a flyaway that happened after 30 sucessfull flights. Support is pretty good until you have a fly away and then you are ignored because they know they have issues. They send you a "Flyaway" form and that is it. Are you a Newb?
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:25 PM
TechyGeek
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Sep 2014
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan87 View Post
Isn't this the same guy with the 'hate thread'?
numerous plus 3 or 4 news ones tonight lol
PlayfulGod is offline Find More Posts by PlayfulGod
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:26 PM View Post
ecks
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while ecks edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:30 PM View Post
opwan
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while opwan edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:32 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,985 Posts
Maybe

Quote:
In most cases the issue is for people using small battery capacity and long large scale 3D planes with thin wires (as they are trying to save weight). As long as you are using decent gauge wires and extending the power supply side and your power source is of a decent size and C rating (not normally an issue for multirotor guys) then you will not have a problem till you start making your wires longer than 1.5-2m. Considering the size of most multirotors this is never going to be an issue (and I use a 1300mm Octo). The issue is further reduced if you go up in voltage, as most multirotors with long arms (over 500mm long arms, so a wheelbase of 1000mm or greater) are on 6S, it simply is not an issue unless you plan on running 18AWG wire to your ESC's.......

Extending the wires on the motor side is definitely the wrong thing to do despite the arguments that are often made about it as you will reduce motor efficiency as you start adding more resistance to the motor windings and start putting the phases out of balance. A high quality motor not only has identical numbers of turns used with near identical lengths of wire for the windings, they are also balanced in resistance by shortening the motor leads with the higher resistance (this is also why you should not cut your motor leads on high quality motors).
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:35 PM
Joined Jan 2011
109 Posts
Quote:
Maybe
LOL! I hope it's bigger than your quad!:roll eyes: It looks like you're a real expert!
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:41 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,985 Posts
I love that picture!

Yes that's a small one, below is the last one I built, delivered yesterday . I can build you one if you want
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:41 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2013
745 Posts
Made in Austria is online now Find More Posts by Made in Austria
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:43 PM
TechyGeek
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Sep 2014
81 Posts
Quote:
I love that picture!

Yes that's a small one, below is the last one I built, delivered yesterday . I can build you one if you want
That thing needs its own helipad doesnt it? lol
PlayfulGod is offline Find More Posts by PlayfulGod
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:46 PM
Joined Feb 2014
71 Posts
Quote:
Obviously you don't know what you are doing. I have never owned a 1300 and capacitors under the arms have nothing to do with a flyaway that happened after 30 sucessfull flights. Support is pretty good until you have a fly away and then you are ignored because they know they have issues. They send you a "Flyaway" form and that is it. Are you a Newb?
Oh geez, this guy again...6 weeks ago you are singing dji's praises, and now they are garbage? Pfft......people tried to actually ask you happened and get details, but all you did was attack and call people newbs.....haha you kept saying if they didnt know what line loss is then they don't even deserve a response....which is ridiculous in itself......good luck man, I am sure you will have no problems no matter what FC you use.....pfft, what a joke
Procrastinator1 is online now Find More Posts by Procrastinator1
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:48 PM
Joined Nov 2012
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
Pretty much!
Ronan87 is online now Find More Posts by Ronan87
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:56 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Feb 2014
253 Posts
Quote:

Epic find. Lol
etegration is offline Find More Posts by etegration