HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
Sorry just found it there appears to be two switches and both are on adj.
Diver Dave is offline Find More Posts by Diver Dave
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
Also the rudmix gyro will not stay in the on position, always turns back off after exiting not sure if this is part of my problem
Old Dec 06, 2011, 09:39 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dave View Post
Sorry just found it there appears to be two switches and both are on adj.
Cool -- you have found your issue. You use ADJ just to manually set up the servo throws, then move to WK for 3-axis flight operations.

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:01 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Also the rudmix gyro will not stay in the on position, always turns back off after exiting not sure if this is part of my problem
Are you hitting 'enter' to accept the change before exiting the menu? Gotta do that, sometimes I forget. Good luck,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:30 PM
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
I am having trouble with my brand new heli. The Swashplate does not self level to the gyro only tail rotor There is no movement at all from the Swashplate when you rock the heli left and right by hand even at half throtle this has already caused 3 broken blades and one busted survo. Please help, also very disappointed on the Manuel for this helli it does not explain the settings very clearly

Also, if you are using the stock 2612 rx, this is a common problem that most of us have had in this thread. The 2612 does not activate the 3G system until about 40% throttle, that is why you are not seeing it try to level itself while you are rocking it. Unplug the motor connections from the ESC, then bind it. Once it is bound, move the throttle to about 50%, you will then see the 3G system working. I as have most of the others have upgraded to the 2618 from the 4F200LM, it's 3G system is active from 0% throttle.

You can also try to adjust your THR/PIT curves to spin your heli up past 40% THR before liftoff, then your 3G system will be active in flight.

Good luck,
AB
OldGuyHelifly11 is offline Find More Posts by OldGuyHelifly11
Old Dec 07, 2011, 09:35 AM
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
Yes I have pushed enter before I exit and it still won't stay on what is rudmix gyro for?Also when I unplug the thro from the reciver it will not bind there is no response at all. Can some one please tell me how you have all of your settings on you transmitter example Swashplate type elev aile thro Rudd gear pit buzz sorry I sound like such a noob but this manual seems like it is in Chinese lol I would muchly appreciate it thanks
Last edited by Diver Dave; Dec 08, 2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 08, 2011, 05:56 PM
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
I guess my gyro problem is a faulty reciver helidirect is sending me a new one to try. I will let you guys now how I make out
Old Dec 10, 2011, 01:49 AM
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
I guess my gyro problem is a faulty reciver helidirect is sending me a new one to try. I will let you guys now how I make out
If you can upgrade to the 2618, DO IT!!!

AB
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:26 AM
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
I probably will order 2618 reciver after I try the free replacement 2612. Will the 2618 give me all the same pitch curves and everything as the 2612. Is the only diff the gyro? My best buddy is getting his 4f200 today so it will be interesting to see what his Swashplate will do
Old Dec 10, 2011, 09:14 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
I probably will order 2618 reciver after I try the free replacement 2612.
I think you will find your 2612's behave the same way(ive got three of them). I had some great flying with my 4F200, but the 2612v would always end up burning me with a roll over, and take the smile off my face. The 2618v costs about the same as the average crash repair on the 4F200.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:09 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
Belt?

The last time I was flying my 4f200 I had a problem at the end of the flight. While I was in the air I suddenly lost rudder control and it started pirouetting uncontrollably. I was able to get it down but I couldn't find anything obviously wrong. I had a minor crash prior to that list flight but again I didn't see any damage from the crash and it was flying fine for a few minutes before the tail issue. I still have the original belt for the heli. Is this what you get with the belt starts to go out? How long do belts usually last?
Mahfu is offline Find More Posts by Mahfu
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
I had two similar incidents with my modded 4F200, back to back, also with no damage except to servo horns. I'm flying with an RX2618V. Each time, it lost the tail completely. I couldn't figure out why. I saw no damage or wear to the belt. All I could attribute it to was a glitch in the Rx or Tx. It's been flying fine since. Go figure! I just bought a 2624V to try, as I think it's upgraded from the 2618.

AB
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:49 AM
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyHelifly11 View Post
I had two similar incidents with my modded 4F200, back to back, also with no damage except to servo horns. I'm flying with an RX2618V. Each time, it lost the tail completely. I couldn't figure out why. I saw no damage or wear to the belt. All I could attribute it to was a glitch in the Rx or Tx. It's been flying fine since. Go figure! I just bought a 2624V to try, as I think it's upgraded from the 2618.

AB
I'm flying the 2618 too. BTW, it was windy that day if that matters. My first thought was the belt but I haven't had a chance to fly it since. I then started to question my TX when my v120d05 started having the same problem. The problem is not consistant with it though. In "tame" mode it will spin out. In sport mode I have control back.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:11 AM
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
Overkill upgrade

In the spring I'm planning on getting a new heli. The plan is for a Trex 450 Pro super combo, DX8 TX, and a Heli Command HC3-SX. I'm chomping at the bit to get this new setup but the 450 is getting a little big to fly inside the shop, when no one is around. I got an idea in my head yesterday that maybe I could get the HC3-SX and DX8 and upgrade my 4F200. Based on the website dimensions I would have to cut out the sides of the frame where the RX already is up to just behind the canopy pins. I would also have to find somewhere to mount the RX satellite. When I get the Trex 450 I would just put the 4F200 back to its current state.

Has anyone done this yet? Does anyone have any experiences with HC3-SX to share?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:11 AM
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahfu View Post
I'm flying the 2618 too. BTW, it was windy that day if that matters. My first thought was the belt but I haven't had a chance to fly it since. I then started to question my TX when my v120d05 started having the same problem. The problem is not consistant with it though. In "tame" mode it will spin out. In sport mode I have control back.
I think it has something to do with the programming of these particular receivers. I have tested the tail hold during setup with 3 different helis that I have this Rx installed in. In each case during pitch pumps & full power punch-outs, I can get the tail to drift, and during piros I have gotten the tail to let go where I had to manually recover it. I'm finding that the GYRO HOLD has to be around 70-80% to be rock solid. However.... during the times that mine crashed, I was only doing SLOW forward flight in my backyard, at about 5ft altitude, doing circles & figure 8's. Figure that one out!

I just ordered an RX2624V to test, maybe it's improved. I hope.

AB