HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2009, 05:18 PM
Joined Oct 2008
229 Posts
Discussion
need help jumping Losi Mini lst-2

I have a little losi mini lst-2 and I run it out in my backyard track. When ever I go over a jump, even a very small one, it flips foward so bad that every time it flips over on the ground. It is really annoying and I am afraid I am going to break the truck. How can I fix this problem?
hotflyer80 is offline Find More Posts by hotflyer80
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2009, 02:42 AM
USA, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2008
614 Posts
locked center diff
E-maxxman is offline Find More Posts by E-maxxman
Old Nov 05, 2009, 07:25 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
i agree for some reason these little trucks tend to send most of the power to the front .
i own 2 of them and both jump horridly . and i have threaded shocks on one and integy piggyback on the other . another thing . instead of locking the center diff . best to get the up grade ball dif as they are for one better in durability but you can tune it tighten it for more rear traction or losten for less . great up grade there . i feel it you lock the center you will just strip it the first on power landing you have .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Nov 05, 2009, 08:09 AM
Joined Oct 2008
229 Posts
I rebuilt the front diff. and put a little all purpose grease in there, I think its a little thicker grease than in the back diff, would that affect it?
Old Nov 05, 2009, 08:24 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
no as the diff in each front or rear only controls wheel power distribution to that set of wheels. the center diff is what controls distribution to front vs rear . although with thicker in the front you may notice it push alot more in the corners as the diff takes more bind to work properly. rember the diff makes all the difference in cornering . that is why if you lock them up it will adversely affect cornering ability . and make the truck bind while trying to turn . while the center if locked will just deliver the same power to both front and rear at the same time instead of to one more than the other .
i would keep the front and rear diffs loose as not to bind them and get the ball diff for the center so you may tune it to act as you wish . im sure if you lock the center it being plastic the result will be it will break . from stress
Old Nov 05, 2009, 08:29 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
the center trans unit on this truck is basicly a mini t tranmission turned side ways in order to make 4 wd that is why the center diff is the same for the lst , mini t , mini slider , ect.
Old Nov 05, 2009, 09:07 AM
Joined Oct 2008
229 Posts
Thanks, I was just using it and its getting better. This truck has a really tight turing radious compared to my pede which I like. Just one question, hows the durbility on yours? Mine breaks all the time even when I am not abusing it.
Old Nov 05, 2009, 10:54 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
my main problem with these trucks is the small white gears in the diff units . they are crap as why make a metal diff and then use plastic gears inside . i am verry sorry i ever went brushless with these trucks . as they can not handle the power .
if i had the chance to go bach is have kepe the stock brushed motors in it and just use the 2 cell lipos as there a nice jump in power but its not too much to keep breaking the diff units . other than that the servos seem to be quite weak . i have one that has stripped the gears in it . im not paying losi 20 + dollers for that servo . for the same result . how ever you can buy gears for like 4 bucks . thats worth it and its not to hard to do .
Old Nov 05, 2009, 04:14 PM
Joined Oct 2008
229 Posts
Yah I stipped the diff gear twice, but I called losi and they sent me a new metal grear the second time. I also stipped the servo gears twice, I called losi again and they sent me three new servos. I was thinking about upgrading to brushless but now that you say that I think I will only go for the lipo. I also have a question, is my ESC LiPo compatible? The truck is about a year old.
Old Nov 05, 2009, 10:26 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
yes all of my losi esc's have been 2 cell lipo compatable . they have a built in cut off .
if its a lst 2 it is a sure thing it came with the 2.4 gh radio right ??

i have hooked 3 cells to it also but after a couple hard min it go into thermal cut off .
but boy its fast but agin you risk killing gears that way trust me the lipo is good enfugh .
its not going to run 50 but it will be fairly reliable .
Old Nov 06, 2009, 05:24 PM
Joined Oct 2008
229 Posts
The shocks broke so I am going to go and buy some aluminum ones and i will most likely get a new LiPo too. I am also debating weather to get aluminum shock towers, aluminum steering blocks and castor blocks or aluminum hubs.
Old Nov 06, 2009, 11:07 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
sweet remember aluminum bends if your jumping then most likly you will be crashing .
might be best to invest that cash into extra stock parts . but i love the bling factor too !!!
Old Nov 07, 2009, 09:27 AM
Joined Oct 2008
229 Posts
I really wish that RPM made parts for the mini lst2. But I think I will just get the shocks and a LiPo battery. I will wait for other parts to break before I upgrade them.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:09 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Is there a LST 2 thread anywhere?
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0