New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2015, 01:01 AM
Find More Posts by rcflyers
United Kingdom, England, Redruth
Joined Nov 2006
117 Posts
Question
Should this bluetooth adapter work with my Naze?

I have this bluetooth adapter which I use with my APM 2.6

http://cheapdrone.co.uk/index.php?ro...arch=SKU161711

I have connected it to my Naze, I can connect the bluetooth adapter to my phone but it will not read the Naze data.

I am using the Naze 32 Configurator app.

I have also tried connecting via my computer using Cleanflight but again, I can connect to the bluetooth module but no data is available.

I have tried the different COM ports shown in Cleanflight and different Baud rates.

Maybe this bluetooth module is not compatible for some reason?

Thanks for any replies.
rcflyers is offline Find More Posts by rcflyers
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2015, 02:15 AM
Find More Posts by SloppyJosh
United States, VA, Clintwood
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
Can't get any more info about the module from that link... but one thing you might check is that you connected the RX line of the BT module to the TX line on the Naze, and the TX line on the BT module to RX line on the Naze.. If you did TX->TX and RX->RX it won't work.
SloppyJosh is offline Find More Posts by SloppyJosh
Old May 03, 2015, 05:15 AM
Find More Posts by rcflyers
United Kingdom, England, Redruth
Joined Nov 2006
117 Posts
Yes I have tried the tx and rx both ways around. Someone has suggested that I have to configure the bluetooth module as the naze and apm use different baud rates. 
rcflyers is offline Find More Posts by rcflyers
Old May 04, 2015, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by hoggdoc
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2013
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyers View Post
Yes I have tried the tx and rx both ways around. Someone has suggested that I have to configure the bluetooth module as the naze and apm use different baud rates. 
Welcome to my world I have spent hours trying to make three different BT modules work with a Flip32+ and a NAZE32 Arco. I have purchased three different FTDI adapters too.

I finally got two of the BT modules to talk to the USB-Serial adapter and changed the baud rate and named the BT adapters. But I have never been able to communicate with the Naze32 even when the computer and the adapter claim to be paired.

At this point I just don't think having the BT link is worth the hassle.
hoggdoc is online now Find More Posts by hoggdoc
Old May 04, 2015, 10:22 PM
Find More Posts by Hajile
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
5,101 Posts
I have it and i use it a lot actually, i use it both from my desktop and my phone. I power it up on my workbench, and then move over to my PC and access the settings without messing with the cables. Very convenient once you get it to work.

Which pins on the board did you use?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile