HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2012, 01:29 PM
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
Help!
Need help with a price to sell a large rc plane

So as the title says i need help with how much my rc plane is worth.So i was given two rc planes one large and then also a smaller one, I am need to this hobby and don't want to fly a plane this large to just end up crashing this large hand made plane.I dont know much about the plane just that it has flow before.It has some damage on the rear horizontal rudd.So like i said how much do you think it is worth ?

GavinR is offline Find More Posts by GavinR
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 01:33 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,359 Posts
I think you need to post this is the special interest, vintage section. That a a sweet
looking aircraft.

Where are you located??

What is the wing span??
Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber
Old May 04, 2012, 01:39 PM
Zombie flyer....
United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Joined Mar 2010
137 Posts
Good question! Is that in US dollars, UK pounds, euros, yen, or roubles?
and, if selling to me, as little as possible!
It's an electric 3 channel, and looks to have all gear, excluding the battery.
I'd guess 40-50 pounds.
toffa is offline Find More Posts by toffa
Old May 04, 2012, 01:44 PM
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
Ok thanks i will post it there now, I am located in the uk and the wing span is 62 inch
Old May 04, 2012, 01:50 PM
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
Hahahaha totta yes it has all the gear servos esc ect and battery what iforgot to say is that it does work like now as i do have a controller for it but i would be keeping that for the other plane so i have tested that the sevros work and motor works to and is very powerful.
Old May 04, 2012, 02:19 PM
Zombie flyer....
United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Joined Mar 2010
137 Posts
Where in the UK? And is it going on evilbay? If so I'll keep an eye out for it!
toffa is offline Find More Posts by toffa
Old May 04, 2012, 02:23 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,869 Posts
Depending on what the 'smaller' model is, you may find that the larger one is easier to fly. Those old vintage models almost flew themselves.

If you click on this link to the BMFA, (British Model Flying Association), then use the 'Select County' for the county you live in, it will come back with a list of local clubs.
If you take it to a club you may get a better price if more than one member is interested in it.

http://www.bmfa.org/clubs/clist.php
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old May 04, 2012, 02:26 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
with all that dihedral in the wings, and being its a high wing, you will find flying this a pussycat.

Smaller planes are generally "harder" to fly than larger ones.
larger planes don't react as quick to wind gusts, fly smoother, and are generally easier to see due to the size.

keep that vintage plane, fix it up and go fly her!
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old May 04, 2012, 02:35 PM
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
Ok thanks for the comments and thanks for not treating me like a newbie but i don't know the smaller one is this

It has bigger wheels than in this picture though but i think the plane is front nose heavy as when i tried to fly it i through it as i dont think it would take off ,then it just went front nose heavy down the battery was fully charged also what do you think f this one ?
Last edited by GavinR; May 04, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old May 04, 2012, 06:24 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I really like the two planes, sweet! If you could, please tell me where the horizontal rudder picture is.......Dave/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old May 04, 2012, 06:41 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Are you going to sell it with the engine and electronics or like an ARF? With everything, i would say $400-500. Without, maybe $200-300
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old May 05, 2012, 03:20 AM
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
The rudder picture is the last one ? Thanks also well i now have a third plane from the same friend as he was going to sell it but i told him that you on here told me that bigger planes are easier to fly to learn with than smaller ones so i will post pictures of that in a bit to see what you think of this one.my friend just wants to see them fly as he has not saw them fly.
Old May 05, 2012, 04:22 AM
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
So here are some photos of the plane that has just been given to me what do you think would this be better to learn to fly with ? This plane does work as I have just tested it also very powerful but feels nose heavy

Old May 05, 2012, 04:48 AM
UK
Joined Sep 2008
653 Posts
The aircraft should balance about a third of the way back from the start of the wing. Slightly further forward is better than slightly far back
If you're anywhere near Wigan, let me know as if you do decide to sell the yellow one I would love it! :P
If you are nearby and need any more help, just pm me and i'll see what I can do
James
-james- is offline Find More Posts by -james-
Old May 05, 2012, 07:27 AM
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
Ok then thanks my smaller one is not balance at all then :/ but i will add some weight to the back to make it more stable but the other two are blance well (the ones the pictures show).Also i am quite a distance from wigan as i live in north wales.