Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Fly-In
9th Annual Tennessee Electric Fun Fly in Tullahoma TN Sept 8th & 9th 2012

Tennessee Electric Fun Fly
Hosted by the Coffee Airfoilers RC Model Club

Tullahoma Tennessee

Find us on FaceBook Now!! remember to "Like" us

-Open flying to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING ELECTRIC from Micro to Giants including EDF jets, Warbirds, sport & aerobatic, 3D, Heli and plenty of the latest craze of MULTI-ROTORS !!!
-Time 8:00 am until? on both days
-Current AMA Card Required to Fly
-Landing Fee: $10 each day ($20 for the weekend)
-Lunch, snacks & drinks available - Concessions
-Saturday night Bonfire depending on night flying participation.
-Event Shirts available

-**NIGHT FLYING** Friday night for early arrivals and Saturday night is Definite!
-RV's & camping welcome (primitive- no hookups)
-Vendors on-site and welcome
-Fly-Buy-Swap-Trade-Sell
-Spectators Welcome
-Stress Free Fun Flying for all!
-Club Web Page:
http://www.coffeeairfoilers.com
-Event CD: Phillip Chessor
-E-mail for more info:
phillipc37388@hotmail.com
*Hotels near by within 3 miles from the flying field
*Great restaurants in town include Greek, Chinese, Mexican, All American, German, Italian & bistro style..
*Local shopping includes major Department stores, outlet bargain stores & Antiques
Phillipc is offline Find More Posts by Phillipc
Last edited by Phillipc; Apr 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
United States, TN, Jasper
Joined Oct 2010
5 Posts
Phillip
For Saturday's night fly, I believe there may be some Lodge Camp Ovens filled with stuff to eat late into the evening. I will have a few Lodge items to give away that evening for the pilots and especially those who will be camping out. Anyone who wants to help feed us "crazy" night people that evening needs to let us know here so we can make sure we have enough equipment and firewood to make it happen. I am sure we will have some Tn. Roadkill Meatballs up there to gnaw on and I'll be sure to let her know to try to remove more of the fur this time. You just never know what will happen when we get together for an evening of ??? flying???? if we can call it that......... Touch and goes off of !?WHAT?! No way... betcha ya can't do it! What a blast!
lraydo is offline Find More Posts by lraydo
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lraydo View Post
Phillip
For Saturday's night fly, I believe there may be some Lodge Camp Ovens filled with stuff to eat late into the evening. I will have a few Lodge items to give away that evening for the pilots and especially those who will be camping out. Anyone who wants to help feed us "crazy" night people that evening needs to let us know here so we can make sure we have enough equipment and firewood to make it happen. I am sure we will have some Tn. Roadkill Meatballs up there to gnaw on and I'll be sure to let her know to try to remove more of the fur this time. You just never know what will happen when we get together for an evening of ??? flying???? if we can call it that......... Touch and goes off of !?WHAT?! No way... betcha ya can't do it! What a blast!
Suuuhh-weeeeet! Sounds great Larry!! that will be awesome and yes, it will be a BLAST as usual. Only gets better and better . Roadkill meatballs with less fur would be better this time please. maybe even have a few strips of "Soar-Bunny" jerky too. It is true... the "McGoo Squadron" do know how to enjoy night time festivities and anyone that wants to join them are always sure to have a good time as well. Thanks for the lodge items, both "Filled" for consumption and "Empty/New" for give aways for us are very much appreciated. You ROCK!
Touch and goes off of !?WHAT?! No way... betcha ya can't do it! What a blast! <<Words to live by>>
Old May 14, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Who all are into Multi Rotor Aircraft?
I think we will have a rather large group of multi rotor aircraft flying all the way up to full on aerobatics with these things. We hope several of the Music City Multi-rotor Club guys will be in attendance doing their thing with some very awesome Video recording and FPV flying.
Last edited by Phillipc; Jun 17, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Is this thing on? :P
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sir-Crash-a-Lot
United States, IL, Edwardsville
Joined Jun 2011
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipc View Post
Is this thing on? :P
I am very interested in going to this. Is this still a planned event?
Also, are there any paved runways?
Mr.Firemouth is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Firemouth
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Absolutely yes Mr.Firemouth, it is still planned and is an annual for our club. We do have a nice paved runway along with a large grass area from the paved runway out for approximately 200 ft. Please lookup our website for pictures and videos under "electronic media" to see the actual flying site. We look forward to having you attend and having a great weekend of flying and fun!
Thanks
Phillip C
Www.coffeeairfoilers.com
Facebook. Coffeeairfoilers
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Don't forget to bring your nightbirds!!! Multirotors too!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:19 PM
Sir-Crash-a-Lot
United States, IL, Edwardsville
Joined Jun 2011
330 Posts
I got about 10 planes ready to go! Just got to get scheduling worked out!!!!
Mr.Firemouth is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Firemouth
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Firemouth View Post
I got about 10 planes ready to go! Just got to get scheduling worked out!!!!
I understand that completely. If you need help with scheduling,,, we can send our knee breakers in to persuade any fun deniers to be sure that you will not have scheduling issues with this event.

Let me know if we can answer any questions or help in any way.
Thanks!
PC
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:08 AM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
We are a month away !! Things are coming together and hopefully the weather will be kind to us as well. We're looking forward to the event and hope you guys are too.
Check in here & leave a post if you are planning to attend.. There may be a special giveaway for an RCG follower who knows...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:41 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,837 Posts
Ooooh, one of my favorite events! I missed out last year. Hope the wife and I can make it this year.

Anyone interested in some combat? Full contact? Streamers? Maybe some cheap racing of some kind? Its always fun to throw something with bragging rights into the mix.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:17 PM
United States, TN, Jasper
Joined Oct 2010
5 Posts
Laine-
if I remember correctly, there might have been some unintentional full contact "combat" while we were night flying. We are all for it! This is one great event and I hope as many people in the area come on out and have some fun with us. It is laid back and we have a great time. We need to have people let us know who will be coming so we can plan, especially for the night flying on Saturday. We love to gnaw on roadkill meatballs and such while we tear it up at night with the MaGoo Crew
lraydo is offline Find More Posts by lraydo
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:25 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,837 Posts
The wife and I are planning to come. But, you never know what can happen. I'd say 90% chance we will be there.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:35 PM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
LAINE!!!!
It'll be great to have you and your wife back Laine. Come early and we'll fly on Friday night as well..
I am in for all out combat and or ribbon combat and especially if we can get Dan "Th'Man" Malone to commit to coming and having plenty of his Flat flyers as an ARF or RTF for those that want to join in.. I have e-mailed him but haven't heard back yet. Bring your peeps on with y'all too.. As I think I mentioned two years ago, You come, I have your entry.
Thanks for your Service to our country!