HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:08 AM
Grrr :-)
nerys's Avatar
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
435 Posts
adata is a well know brand. my experience is the memory is good but the casings can leave room for improvement (brittle plastic)

so far (fingers crossed) my 8gb (6) samsungs have worked flawlessly. I ran one through severl charge cycles and filled the card. no issues.

which is really really good since I get them for $4 a pop.
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:40 AM
Registered User
United States, AR, Midway
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
can some one help me out i did time and date but still not right , it a 808 car keys miceo-camera .... i can have u on the phone and let u see what going on with this 808 camers on my laptop yes i say u get on my laptop with team viewer ....... ty have a nice sunday
tisdale is offline Find More Posts by tisdale
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:18 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisdale View Post
can some one help me out i did time and date but still not right , it a 808 car keys miceo-camera .... i can have u on the phone and let u see what going on with this 808 camers on my laptop yes i say u get on my laptop with team viewer ....... ty have a nice sunday
This thread is only for the #11 (see the title!).
If you don't know what your camera is please visit Chuck Lohr's site to identify your camera. If it is not a #11, then you want to post your queries in the Mega Keyfob thread.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
adata is a well know brand. my experience is the memory is good but the casings can leave room for improvement (brittle plastic)

so far (fingers crossed) my 8gb (6) samsungs have worked flawlessly. I ran one through severl charge cycles and filled the card. no issues.

which is really really good since I get them for $4 a pop.
Adata may be a well known brand, but it is not a Major brand for microSD cards, IMO. I should have used better wording in my original posting, sorry.

My experience with some class 10 cards is that they do not work properly in the #11 and I experienced similar problems as the original poster. i.e. I only got about 7 minute recordings and then the camera turned off!

I have been using these cameras since they were released, and I can assure you they work much better with class 4 cards and lower. The problem is not the same as the #16, but the problem is still there, unless you have very old firmware installed. I have not done extensive testing because I don't have much interest in the #11 anymore, but I did do some comparisons to see how the same problematic cards performed in the both cameras. I also suspect the problem lies within the code (library) from the chip manufacturer linked in to the firmware. I know for fact that this is the root of the problem. The old library, which the old #11 firmware uses, does not have problems with fast cards. I don't have proof, but I suspect the newer firmware uses a more recent library. FWIW, I have no time or intention to analyze the code to evaluate which library is linked into which firmware!! Someone with loads of time on their hands can do this if they have nothing better to do.

I believe it is well worth the effort to try an old card with a class rating of 4 or lower to rule out the card as the problem.

In the interests of everyone, I hope robix07 posts what he found to be the cause.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Aug 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Yes the Led goes off after minute or two.
Tried Apacer 8GB class 2 card no luck same as Adata
Maybe this new software is bad or smth , I bought it with the software that removed time and date.
How can I reset to Old software?
Maybe I will help me?
robix07 is offline Find More Posts by robix07
Last edited by robix07; Aug 26, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
64 Posts
can't recognize the card

My #11 Jumbo worked well until a couple of days ago, when it stopped to recognize the card. The camera can switch on and off, but it can't write on the card and when I connect the camera to the pc, the pc can't find the card.
The card works well (I used a card reader). I tried to format it, but it doesn't improve. I used another card, but I have the same problem.
Any ideas?
ginetto is offline Find More Posts by ginetto
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:51 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginetto View Post
My #11 Jumbo worked well until a couple of days ago, when it stopped to recognize the card. The camera can switch on and off, but it can't write on the card and when I connect the camera to the pc, the pc can't find the card.
The card works well (I used a card reader). I tried to format it, but it doesn't improve. I used another card, but I have the same problem.
Any ideas?
Possibly a dirty, bent, or broken pin in the camera card holder?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Aug 26, 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Possibly a dirty, bent, or broken pin in the camera card holder?
Possible, of course...
I can start cleaning the card holder. How I can check if it is broken?
ginetto is offline Find More Posts by ginetto
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:24 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginetto View Post
Possible, of course...
I can start cleaning the card holder. How I can check if it is broken?
You might see a pin mechanical problem but looking into the card slot with a flashlight. It's possible to unsolder a couple of "legs" on the card holder and bend it open for a better look, but it's also possible for the minute card latch to spring loose doing this, never to be found again.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:58 PM
Gravity - It's the law
Yabba's Avatar
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
You might see a pin mechanical problem but looking into the card slot with a flashlight. It's possible to unsolder a couple of "legs" on the card holder and bend it open for a better look, but it's also possible for the minute card latch to spring loose doing this, never to be found again.
LOL, I seem to remember a post by a Mr Frank several years ago about losing a spring.....

Yabba,

Hi Tom
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:33 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
LOL, I seem to remember a post by a Mr Frank several years ago about losing a spring.....

Yabba,

Hi Tom
Hi Yabba... Yeah... changing a lens module is child's play compared to doing micro-surgery on a card holder pin or latch.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:32 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robix07 View Post
Yes the Led goes off after minute or two.
Tried Apacer 8GB class 2 card no luck same as Adata
Maybe this new software is bad or smth , I bought it with the software that removed time and date.
How can I reset to Old software?
Maybe I will help me?
Too bad

That leaves the battery....

Unfortunately, it is not possible to tell which firmware version is installed in these cameras without soldering skills and a chip programmer.

Likewise, it is not possible to downgrade the firmware to an older version that the boot loader doesn't recognize. It's all to do with memory allocation.... I don't know which version you have installed but you can try installing different versions linked in post #2. Old versions here, New version here. They might work, they might not.

FWIW, and very technical, you cannot install an "old" boot loader over a new boot loader. This can only be done using an external programmer. The boot loader is responsible for updating the firmware. In the past I have experimented with various boot loaders and have found that if you try to install an incompatible firmware, it is ignored. I don't remember if I bricked a camera, but I don't think so. I always took a dump of the SPI so I could recover the contents if things went wrong. The boot loader occupies the first 16KB of the SPI dump, the rest is the firmware code.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:14 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Thanks for Reply!
But I don't understand my camera.
It wont install new firmware,I placed the .bin in the root directory of the card,placed it in camera turned it on and it just started like a normal,no changes and the led doesn't flash while recording :?
robix07 is offline Find More Posts by robix07
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
You might see a pin mechanical problem but looking into the card slot with a flashlight. It's possible to unsolder a couple of "legs" on the card holder and bend it open for a better look, but it's also possible for the minute card latch to spring loose doing this, never to be found again.

The card holder seems attached well on the circuit and the card seems ok. I tried to see inside the card holder... well, it is not easy to see something, even with a magnifying glass and a light.

I noticed another abnormality. Normally, without the card the light on the camera flashes slowly, while in this case the light remains on and nothing happens if I press the shutter key.
Does it mean anything for you?
ginetto is offline Find More Posts by ginetto
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:50 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginetto View Post
The card holder seems attached well on the circuit and the card seems ok. I tried to see inside the card holder... well, it is not easy to see something, even with a magnifying glass and a light.

I noticed another abnormality. Normally, without the card the light on the camera flashes slowly, while in this case the light remains on and nothing happens if I press the shutter key.
Does it mean anything for you?
It sounds like the camera is giving a false indiation that a flash card is inserted when it isn't. That's liklely the source of the problem, but finding what is causing it is virtually impossible. It could be an internal fault in a USB circuit component, not necessarily in the card holder.... probably not user repairable.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Samurai with key cam AeroNut45 Electric Plane Talk 2 Oct 30, 2010 11:40 PM
Found found beladog FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Oct 30, 2010 01:01 PM
Discussion Any sign of True real time HD FPV gear....not secondary HD CAM ???!! khaled_abobakr FPV Talk 8 Oct 10, 2010 07:13 AM
Mini-Review Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!! imsofaman Auto Gyros 7 Sep 10, 2010 07:10 AM