HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2013, 02:02 PM
Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
The load is my 1.6KW/28 VDC searchlight and while it "will" run down to 26.5 VDC, it will be approximately 20 to 25% less bright versus at 28 VDC. I've spent a lot of time and money getting to the point where I can supply the light full spec'd Voltage for optimum performance without the noise of a generator nor having to lug the 90 lb, 240 VAC/21 Amp rectifier with me.

I guess I didn't do my due-diligence. I didn't see any 2-pin JST's on the MPA board so I figured there is no 1S balance charging. I have an unused FMA style balance pigtail with bare wires on the other end. Would I just use the left-most pin (viewing the pins on the charger balance input) as negative and the right-most pin for my connections? I assume I would have to temporarily change to FMA wire-mode too.
So: how far can you spot a deer with that light?
electroman is offline Find More Posts by electroman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2013, 03:30 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
I didn't see any 2-pin JST's on the MPA board so I figured there is no 1S balance charging. I have an unused FMA style balance pigtail with bare wires on the other end. Would I just use the left-most pin (viewing the pins on the charger balance input) as negative and the right-most pin for my connections? I assume I would have to temporarily change to FMA wire-mode too.
You can use a standard 2s, 3s, or even an 8s JST-XH balance cable. You only need the ground pin and the pin next to it. You could also use the FMA pigtail if you want. Just use ground pin and the one next to it. Remove all other wires to keep it tidy and to prevent accidental shorts. In this pin configuration you can use JST-XH wiring mode.

Not that I'm recommending it, but you can switch to FMA wiring mode and omit the balance lead. This will allow you to use the higher powered presets without restriction. This only works for 1s and with the PL8. It does not work on the PL6 or DPL.
Gregor99 is online now Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project
Old Dec 17, 2013, 05:37 PM
BVH
United States, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Dec 2006
219 Posts
OK, got it! Thank You Gregor99.
BVH is online now Find More Posts by BVH
Old Dec 18, 2013, 01:09 PM
BVH
United States, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Dec 2006
219 Posts
To put it all in perspective:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=10
BVH is online now Find More Posts by BVH
Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:31 AM
France, Champagne-Ardenne, Francheville
Joined Aug 2009
21 Posts
I've got a new idea
Into the software, when we tune "cycle"

Instead of "finish with" Discharge/charge

It rather be easy to choose:
charge>discharge or discharge/charge
wareck is offline Find More Posts by wareck
Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:55 AM
Fast is good
USA, IN, Hagerstown
Joined Oct 2003
354 Posts
The biggest improvement that FMA could make is to get a program that would run on MAC directly. Not thru some conversion program. This would open up the doors for app's that would allow smart phones to access the system.

Come on FMA there are many iPhone user and Mac users out here, WHY leave us out!
jrplane is offline Find More Posts by jrplane
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:28 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrplane View Post
This would open up the doors for app's that would allow smart phones to access the system.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5554
Gregor99 is online now Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project