SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:40 AM
Joined Apr 2013
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
Ok, if you like the whooooosh sound as I do then go for the 12B FW fans, if you prefer longer flight times go for the Lander 5B, they draw way less Amps and are more efficient. From your numbers 56 x 2=112A vs 150A for FW 12B, thats a significant higher amp draw which translates to shorter air time. Of course if you use throttle management you can still get decent flight time on the FW 12B, my ERC 12B/HET 3w25s draw only 88A at WOT! IMO whoooosh is king!!

So bottom line advantages of 12B are sound plain and simple- whooooosh vs noise! , 5B more efficient longer flight times good performance
what sort of flight times have you had with various setups and with what battery

how does the new freewing setup compare?
Andest2003 is offline Find More Posts by Andest2003
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:26 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andest2003 View Post
what sort of flight times have you had with various setups and with what battery

There are many many detail descriptions here on this thread. If you want to know mine I use 5000 to 5800mah 6s 40c batteries, with Freewing upgraded 12B 2200kv in runner motors in counter rotating EDFs with two 100A HW ESCs. This setup gives me around 4min with throttle control, but I normally fly 3.5min. Its powerful but an amp hog. See my detail posts on this thread for setup details.
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2014, 01:04 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,458 Posts
The number of set ups tried Stock, CS, WeMo, RCL etc. all still have around the same 4 min mark for around 5000mAh. Some have stretched it to 5 with themore efficient ones or they're doing heavy 3D and then landing after the 3.5-4 min mark.....

For some of the hotter set ups that use 80 amps per side, leaving it at full throttle obviously will shorten it down to 2.5 or so. If you have a efficient set up and throttle manage with a 5800+ you can stretch it out 6+.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2014, 02:42 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,927 Posts
Like Max and CMM said 2.5-3 on a hot set up, 4-6 min on mild set up with throttle management, my Su35 with the mild ERC12B/HET 3w25s 88A total on a 5000 40-50c batt gets a bout 4-5 min, I only have 5000s in my Su35s and F22/MiG29s. Those FW 12Bs I have in F22 I'd say 4 min is MAX, I had a flight where I had to make 2 landing passes and on 3rd attempt the batt cut out and I had a dead stick flop landing I puffed the out of the Glacier 5000 40C batt, think I killed it plus the retracts popped out of F22 for my inadequate glue job- 2nd time in a row! that was like 2 months ago...

So consider the new FW CR 12Bs a semi hot set up at 125-130A... 3.5-4 min flight times

Quote:

IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Oct 19, 2014, 08:31 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,036 Posts
2 flights from today.

1st flight was nose-heavy, made elevator feel sluggish. Could have turned on the pitch TV, but didn't preferred to fly this more balanced before throwing that in the mix.

2nd flight had the CG closer to that indicated by the red decals. Had pitch TV on when I took off, think I managed to keep the "leap off" to 45 degrees. With TV off, elevator response was better, and elevator was close to trimmed out.

Both flights, nose gear didn't retract fully, looks like enough air drag to load it down to slow it and get caught by the sequenced door.

Sound is pretty loud - turn down the volume before playing!

Su 35 (7 min 8 sec)
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Last edited by fredmdbud; Oct 19, 2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 08:56 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,927 Posts
Damn that was loud!! You're lucky that the gear door servos didn't bind and melt You gotta replace that front gear, no way the wind would be enough to keep it form retracting, also you caught the trailing arm, you could see it fall of on first landing but was on for the 2nd takeoff Nice wingcam placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
2 flights from today.

1st flight was nose-heavy, made elevator feel sluggish. Could have turned on the pitch TV, but didn't preferred to fly this more balanced before throwing that in the mix.

2nd flight had the CG closer to that indicated by the red decals. Had pitch TV on when I took off, think I managed to keep the "leap off" to 45 degrees. With TV off, elevator response was better, and elevator was close to trimmed out.

Both flights, nose gear didn't retract fully, looks like enough air drag to load it down to slow it down and get caught by the sequenced door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv_ikR8zIh0
Old Oct 19, 2014, 09:06 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,036 Posts
It just popped out, popped right back in, and it stayed on during the 2nd landing - so I just need to land a little more gently

The cam is Velcro-mounted on the plastic wing-mount anchor.
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,927 Posts
Still hope you replace that nose retract, its no bueno

Quote:
It just popped out, popped right back in, and it stayed on during the 2nd landing - so I just need to land a little more gently

The cam is Velcro-mounted on the plastic wing-mount anchor.
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,036 Posts
It's probably the wrong retract type. One got fried and played musical retracts, looks like one meant for the mains.
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,541 Posts
Quote:
2 flights from today.

Both flights, nose gear didn't retract fully, looks like enough air drag to load it down to slow it and get caught by the sequenced door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv_ikR8zIh0
Nice job - and great looking air field!
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,036 Posts
Yeah, you should get around to it sometime!
Old Today, 05:15 AM
Joined Apr 2013
125 Posts
does anyone know what brand the original 55amp esc was in the su35?

I want to try and program a higher timing to see if there is any gain.

I can find what the 60amp was but not the 55amp I have tried hobbywing and freewing but when I enter program mode the tones are different to what they use
Andest2003 is offline Find More Posts by Andest2003
Old Today, 10:32 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,927 Posts
No and not worth the effort!

Quote:

I can find what the 60amp was but not the 55amp I have tried hobbywing and freewing but when I enter program mode the tones are different to what they use
Old Today, 10:37 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,458 Posts
Quote:

Pretty sure it was posted up thread a few times. Add pdf to the search ....
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 10:47 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,335 Posts
Quote:

Try this...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27450876
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH