HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2011, 02:07 PM
United States, NJ, Absecon
Joined May 2008
117 Posts
Question
e flite power 10 shaft replacement

I know that the info is available, but I cant find it. Can someone tell me how to replace the shaft on my e flite power 10 motor, maybe a video I can watch, or web site to look at. THANKS
serairdog is offline Find More Posts by serairdog
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 04:44 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,994 Posts
Are you making a shaft or do you have a spare?

This link will show your the basics for getting the shafts out and back in:

http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/tips1.html

If you're making a shaft or have to modify a shaft to fit it, this has some info on doing that:

Making and Replacing a Brushless Motor Shaft - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1240725

More motor diss-assembly info here:

How to repair an electric motor. - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1079423

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:23 PM
United States, NJ, Absecon
Joined May 2008
117 Posts
thanks Jack, I should be able to repair the motor with the info you gave me. I'm replacing the bent shaft in the motor with a new shaft, at this point I'm waiting for the new shaft to arrive in the mail.
serairdog is offline Find More Posts by serairdog
Old Jul 08, 2011, 08:20 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serairdog View Post
thanks Jack, I should be able to repair the motor with the info you gave me. I'm replacing the bent shaft in the motor with a new shaft, at this point I'm waiting for the new shaft to arrive in the mail.
If the shaft is bent in front of the rotating part, you'll have to push the shaft out the "long way". I use a vise and put the shaft in a small deep socket and press it down into the socket. You want all the pressure to be in the center and right around the shaft so that it does not deform the top of the housing.

I have some odds and ends of tubing and stuff that I use to support the housing as I push shafts either way into or out of a magnet housing. The shaft to housing fit is usually a light to moderate press fit.

If you can push a shaft out the "short way" you can put the socket or tube (aluminum works better than steel around the magnets) inside the housing, put a small cap screw or something smaller than that shaft on the end of the shaft, and press it down into the housing until it falls clear.

Good luck with it!

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes