Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:44 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
Send me the post please
Brian, I ordered a set of them from Raymond @ RC-Castel and sent him an email to ensure the correct version was sent...they are on their way here now... I have all faith in Raymond that the correct version is being sent. I also asked him if this same version was available for the P-47....no answer back on that yet?

this is what he wrote back:

RC Castle
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 4823
Detailed Invoice: http://www.rc-castle.com/shop/account_history_info.php?order_id=4823
Date Ordered: Tuesday 21 August, 2012

The comments for your order are

TKS FOR YOUR ORDER TO RC-CASTLE. ACCORDING TO THE NEW VERSION 1.7M P-51 LANDING GEAR WITH WHEEL SET , FMS MODEL WILL SEND OUT TO US ON TODAY. IF WE CAN RECEIVE ON TOMORROW, WE WILL ARRANGE AND SEND OUT ON 24/AUG.

BUT IF WE CANNOT RECEIVE ON TOMORROW, WE CAN ONLY ARRANGE AND SEND OUT TO YOU ON 29/AUG, DUE TO 25 28/AUG IS OUR COMPANY SUMMER HOLIDAYS.

PLS KINDLY UNDERSTAND AND NOTE. AND WE ARE SO SORRY FOR OUR DELAY SHIPMENT THIS TIME. PLS KINDLY UNDERSTAND AND NOTE, TKS.

HAVE A NICE DAY !

RAYMOND
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace View Post
Nice! I am really looking forward to getting mine and getting it airborne! This is one of the better dedicated threads that I have seen. Thanks everyone!

Aaron
Can't wait to see your plane when it arrives, and Happy early Birthday
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:49 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
873 Posts
Ok thanks let me know. I am going to get some if they are the upgraded ones. That will assure me for sure when on final. I saw the post to and video of V8. Those look so much more tough than the plastic.
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:17 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
I got a video uploading hard/fast landing (my usual), but wasn't trying to you can see the gear wanting to collapse but didn't. Great struts and retracts are proving their worth.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Aug 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:50 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Been hearing a flutter while I fly and can't figure it out, Guess I got mount the cam underneath. 2nd flight gear got hung up because the oleo spring was stuck in the compressed position other than that new oleo is great.

FMS P51 1.7M 2 flights.AVI (14 min 3 sec)

Nice video Aros.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:55 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,304 Posts
Love the video v8! Great angle with that wide lens...I can't put my fat contour roam on the horizontal stab like that unless you guys want a very exciting and very brief video! LOL

Well I must say you do like to come in HOT on your landings! Where I am too slow and stall sometimes, you seem to be too fast and ground loop, really testing those retracts...You and I need to find that middle ground, LOL!

Good stuff buddy!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:10 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,298 Posts
LOL, they did LOOK fast. But cameras can be deceiving, so I don't know for sure.
More interesting was trying to turn it around at pretty fast speed still!! You can see that left landing gear stressing out on the lateral forces then!
So that part looked like it need more straight time first, to slow down a bit more first.
BUT.... maybe that is a bit of camera speed deception too? Though the LG didn't look happy.

It sounded like a jet!!! hehe (wind noise)
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:10 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Lol! Thanks guys. I do try to land fast so as not to stall but try to slow her down as not to turn on the ground so fast either. Like Aros said need to find middle ground. Lol!

Pete, ya the camera does make it look way faster than it really is landing however on the ground after landing the plane has its own tendency to want to turn, not a problem during takeoff. Because of this I have to fight it from constantly going into the curbs on either side of the road by making it turn faster and hope it stops. Just need to get that landing speed down to slow down my roll.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:05 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,601 Posts
Nice vid mate

You're lucky to have a road that wide. My strip is only 8' wide and on one side is a 10' ditch with a foam magnet that sucks in unsuspecting planes
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,102 Posts
Landing a Mustang can be a beast. I have 4 soon to be 6 and I must say. I have some of them I like to come in too hot and some too slow. My rule of thumb is if you when you start to go from a negative flight attitude to level if that tail drops you are too slow and if you pull back a hair and it wants to go up too quick obviously you are too fast. What I do most of the time is drop gear and flaps if I want and work on that at a high enough attitude to recover. Nine times out of Ten I do the military break to land with a 45 degree turn and drop gear during that turn while trimming it for landing and then set that throttle where I need it to maintain a downward flight path. If im too hot for landing I side slip her a little to lose that steam. Ethier way I stay about 4 feet off the ground until I feel good about it and begin to gradually drop her in. I have learned quickly landing a P-51 too fast or too slow is a good way to "FSU".

Im no pro and most of you guys know all that stuff...just mere observations on my part. I did notice and of course a camera can make things deveiving but the second landing on #5180 made me nervous for plane and pilot. It seemed like those retracts where about to bite it bad. I have a terrible habit of once the plane is on the ground to want to over control her and do a quick turn like that. Biggest mod I do on my R/C planes is to add washers of eclips discreetly next to the wheel so there is a bit of resistance not much but enough that the wheel spins freely but not spinning for long. So its like landing with a little bit of brakes on. Makes the roll out a lot less than stock yet long enough to be scale.
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:31 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
Nice vid mate

You're lucky to have a road that wide. My strip is only 8' wide and on one side is a 10' ditch with a foam magnet that sucks in unsuspecting planes
wow! That's got to be scary having that 10' sarlac monster sucking un planes next to your runway.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:37 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
P51flyby,

Thanks for the tip I will look into adding some washers for a lol friction to help slow her down. Since the road I fly off has a slight taper to each side of the road for water to run off it often makes the plane turn right or left depending on what side of the road I land on. I do hear ya that my second landing had me scared that my retract was about to bite it especially after watching the vid, but those eflite 60-120 can take punishment...not that I like to inflict it. Makes me wish sometimes I had grass open field to land on, but then it be a pain for my edf jets to takeoff and land. Guess i can't have the best of both worlds and just have to get back into the groove of landing her like i did when i first flew her, i guess i could blame it on Lt. Margarita behind the cockpit!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,102 Posts
lol..Yeah I fly most of the time off a two lane road out in the middle of "BFE" that is an old farm road some of it is paved and some of it isnt. The farmers think its pretty cool I go out there and dont mind a bit. The road it self is way narrow for a two lane but on each side I have that same problem with the ditches that and there is some seriously tall grass just before them which is good and bad ...the good being if I screw up I hit grass and loss a lot of momentum...before the huge ditch...the bad for me being if the grass is tall enough if I screw up on take off roll and a wing tip hits that grass on T/O or landing the grass snags the wing tip and my plane gets thrown in the ditch. Grass landings I hate...Everytime for me has resulted in perfect touch down..then serious nose over taking out props..motor shafts or mounts..Lt. Margarita is a tough guy...I tried Col. L.I.T. behind the stick once ...never again
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
P51flyby,

Thanks for the tip I will look into adding some washers for a lol friction to help slow her down. Since the road I fly off has a slight taper to each side of the road for water to run off it often makes the plane turn right or left depending on what side of the road I land on. I do hear ya that my second landing had me scared that my retract was about to bite it especially after watching the vid, but those eflite 60-120 can take punishment...not that I like to inflict it. Makes me wish sometimes I had grass open field to land on, but then it be a pain for my edf jets to takeoff and land. Guess i can't have the best of both worlds and just have to get back into the groove of landing her like i did when i first flew her, i guess i could blame it on Lt. Margarita behind the cockpit!
LOL...got to keep him out of the bars, and his focus on being a fighter pilot....too much liberty for "LT. Margriata"

I just shipped another one to Mr. Aaron Wallace last week....soon he'll be on duty when the Aircraft arrives arround the end of the month . Let's all wish him a "Happy Birthday"
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Happy B-day Aaron! There isn't a better pilot on the market to have behind your cockpit, you'll love him Aaron, the pilot not BM... well maybe him to. . Just keep him away from the liquor cabinet and you'll be flying with piece of mind.
Last edited by v8truckin; Aug 27, 2012 at 01:47 PM.