HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2014, 07:50 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,113 Posts
My friend Mike Heer from Stockton came down for the Arizona Electric Festival a few weekends ago. On Friday morning we were greeted by 20mph winds with gusts to 25mph.

I did not care, I still took my F-22 out there and flew. Mike was good enough to record some of the flight.

Thanks Mike!

A demonstration video of a Nico plane at the Arizona Electric Festival (4 min 5 sec)

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2014, 01:05 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,814 Posts
Pat,

I am finally getting around to building my Mini F-22 that I bought at Big Jolt in 2012!

Bur sadly, I just found out I didn't have the proper glue. I thought about using hot glue but not sure how it would work on the foam.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 09:05 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,113 Posts
Frank,

Go to Michael's and get Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue. That stuff works great!

And parts are on the way.

Pat
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:16 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Frank,

Go to Michael's and get Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue. That stuff works great!

And parts are on the way.

Pat
I don't have a Michael's nearby so I ordered a bottle of Foam Tac last night. But it looks like the 3-in-1 is much cheaper so thanks for that tip. I'll get that next time.

And thanks for sending the parts so quickly!

Looking forward to finally getting to fly this plane. It has been sitting around for a long time.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:30 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,113 Posts
Frank,

It is also carried at Jo-Ann's and Hobby Lobby, and sometimes you can find it in Wal-Mart. I sell it as well, but don't have it on the site yet. I sell it at shows mainly. I need to get it added to the site, I have everything else listed to build these kits.

You will have a blast flying it. It is, of course, my favorite plane.

Pat
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:19 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,814 Posts
Thanks for the info Pat.

Got tomorrow off so I am going to building my F-22. Looks like a real quick and easy build. Got the servos and glue in the mail so I am ready to go. I almost had an "oh crap" moment but I had a 3mm prop adapter in my spare parts drawer.

I don't think I'll paint mine though. I'm lousy at painting foam.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2014, 07:51 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,814 Posts
Few build photos. Sure is an easy build.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murocflyer; Jul 20, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 09:22 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,113 Posts
Yep, she builds quick. I've gotten to the point where I can open a bag, assemble, install electronics, paint and decal in about 4 hours total.

Of course, I've built 50+ F-22s over the past 4 years.

Pat
Old Mar 16, 2014, 08:22 PM
I KNOW WHAT IM DOING !!!!!!!
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
1,443 Posts
Here are two of the planes pat we flew at big jolt one is the f22 and one is the shrank down f15 eagle for your demo! Unfortunately I no longer have them! But will build again! They were awesome flyers! Sorry pat can't seem to post pics but they are in my attachments under my name!
HELLCAT632 is offline Find More Posts by HELLCAT632
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:03 AM
Joined Mar 2007
778 Posts
I love that this thread is still alive! Just goes to show that a good plane design never dies! Pat thank you so much for keeping the company going and keeping my sons name as the company name! I'm slowly getting back to flying again after a few years off. Hope to see you out flying soon.

Adam
adbradley is offline Find More Posts by adbradley
Old Apr 21, 2014, 02:55 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
918 Posts
I had built one of these little guys a year or so ago out of Dollar Tree foam (readiboard, I believe it is) and still have it. I'm thinking about adding some servos again and trying to get it flying... as I don't think I ever tried to fly it before. Wondering if I should just cut out a new one from MPF? Also, what is the best method for hinging the elevons?
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Apr 21, 2014, 03:23 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,113 Posts
It should work with the DT foam. The power system I use on these gives you about 11oz of thrust. So as long as you are at 8oz or less, you'll get good performance. Anything over that and performance will suffer.

I've never done one out of all 6mm foam, only the bigger one. If you can get your hands on some 3mm depron, that would be best.

For hinging ailerons, see this thread, post 7:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1052464

Happy building and flying!

Pat
Old Apr 29, 2014, 01:11 AM
Joined Aug 2011
220 Posts
Yesterday I maidened my 5mm depron, no wingspar F22. It flew really nice, the thrust vectoring really adds another fun level to this plane. I even managed to pull off some sloppy cobra maneuvers! The only thing you have to worry about is the wing rocking during slow, high-alphas.
xardinen is offline Find More Posts by xardinen