HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2013, 12:31 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Discussion
FPV monitor mounted on the transmitter - opinions?

I have been doing some video and still AP work and have an FPV goggle system that I don't use too much. Some is just a comfort level and some has to do with preferring to see the craft and being able to fly sideways or backwards without hitting anything.

I think if I can just glance down at a monitor occasionally to line up my shots, tilt the camera etc., that will help with precision. I have a 7 inch monitor already and can buy a separate receiver so I don't have to connect via the Fatshark goggles.

So do any of you work this way? I've seen some simple mounts and also some kinds of more elaborate trays. Does this get heavy to hold for a while even with shoulder straps? Any advice?
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Last edited by AlanGold; Jun 02, 2013 at 07:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2013, 09:12 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
If you contact "Droider" who made this video he can help you. You will see him in the video with a monitor on his transmitter.

Frosty morning (3 min 34 sec)

He hangs out where the pro users hang out on multirotor forums at http://www.multirotorforums.com/content.php under the nick "Droider". His real name is Dave, really helpful guy.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Jun 02, 2013, 09:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Thanks, I'll try to track him down and see what he thinks of it and using these in general.

I've been researching the few that I found on line that can hold a monitor. That one seems kind of large for transport. With shipping it costs around $200 with strap & monitor frame but without a monitor.

The one on Ebay is only $55 with shipping and may do the job for me. If it is heavy around my neck, I can use shoulder straps that I already have if necessary.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Jun 03, 2013, 06:16 AM
Slovenia
Joined May 2008
66 Posts
Hello,

If you have Graupner MX-20 transmitter and someone to cut the carbon fiber sheets you can download DXF plans from my site. Picture of the pult is posted on my blog here on RCGroups.

Best regards,

Alex
Marsuc is offline Find More Posts by Marsuc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GoPro 3 lens protection
Old Jun 03, 2013, 07:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
Thanks, I'll try to track him down and see what he thinks of it and using these in general.

I've been researching the few that I found on line that can hold a monitor. That one seems kind of large for transport. With shipping it costs around $200 with strap & monitor frame but without a monitor.

The one on Ebay is only $55 with shipping and may do the job for me. If it is heavy around my neck, I can use shoulder straps that I already have if necessary.
I am using the Infinity Hobby one, I like it, 8 inch monitor, 2 rx's/ant, 2 2200mah lipos, battery monitor. I very rarely use the straps, do not find it heavy at all. Main Pro.....loads of real estate. Purchased from Fastlads.
VerticalVue is offline Find More Posts by VerticalVue
Old Mar 22, 2014, 04:36 AM
Chris
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2010
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalVue View Post
I am using the Infinity Hobby one, I like it, 8 inch monitor, 2 rx's/ant, 2 2200mah lipos, battery monitor. I very rarely use the straps, do not find it heavy at all. Main Pro.....loads of real estate. Purchased from Fastlads.
Hi! Can you share your views again after a few months? Do you still use it?
Is this the mount you're talking about? : http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=9834

I have it too but when I tried to use it it felt too heavy with everything on... I have an 8inch screen too, vRx, DVR and a 2200mah.

Maybe it was the fact that the whole thing was heavily unbalanced so it wouldn't "hang" properly from the neck strap, or stay on the ground when I put it down.

What's your (or others') take on this?

thanks
cmavr8 is offline Find More Posts by cmavr8
Old Mar 22, 2014, 07:27 AM
Launch the drones ...
Ashtabula, OH USA
Joined May 1999
2,667 Posts
Just slightly off-topic, have my fpv display mounted to top of tripod. Let's me see LOS and FPV at the same time. Do not have to look down, IOW, to see the FPV display. Seems a good setup for those flying LOS/FPV. Never tried the transmitter fpv except on a ladybird fpv, so cannot comment on that type of setup.
Tim Green is offline Find More Posts by Tim Green
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2014, 07:33 AM
Chris
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2010
1,818 Posts
Nice remark!
It's not offtopic, it's relevant. I'm also using a tripod at the moment, but got tired of setting it up every day...

But I hadn't thought of what you say so now I'm having doubts I want to switch :P

Let's see what others say. What extra hardware do you guys use? (Tx stand? balancer for the neck strap?)
cmavr8 is offline Find More Posts by cmavr8