HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:06 AM
R.C. Designs - I fab. things
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Oct 2009
126 Posts
Help!
Warped fiberglass pod and boom

I have an Ascent e-sailplane that has a warp in the fiberglass pod at the boom. I read somewhere in the sailplane section that a warp can be fixed with a bit of heat and a slight bit of pressure. Does anyone here have experience with this method? It's not a bad bend or warp but it's enough to affect the flight I'm sure, and I can see it easy enough.
Thanks for any help with this problem.
DrlSgt is offline Find More Posts by DrlSgt
Last edited by DrlSgt; Jun 24, 2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:23 AM
Nova Scotia Canada
Joined Jan 2004
1,017 Posts
Best way to do it is to wrap the offending part in a towel which has been soaked in very hot water (close to boiling). The part will become fairly flexible and can be straightened and jigged firmly to hold its proper shape. Avoid using heat guns as these cause locallized heating and can cause uneven stresses.
John O'Sullivan is offline Find More Posts by John O'Sullivan