New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2016, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by flybytim
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2014
125 Posts
Discussion
hobbyking at it again. Wrong shipping need advice.

I have an order with hobbyking that was to ship with Fedex.

They ended up shipping with UPS without notifying me.

I agreed to Fedex not UPS. Is this not a break of TOS?

Quote:
Start Time: 01/06/2016 00:51:25
End Time: 01/06/2016 01:17:32
Operators: Doris
Department: Customer Service (Worldwide except China)

Transcripts:
Operator Doris has joined the chat.
[00:51:25] Doris: Hi. This is Doris. Welcome to HobbyKing! How may I help you?
[00:51:50] Tim: Shipment Fedex Priority US$27.13
[00:52:01] Tim: why is it shipped with UPS???
[00:52:57] Doris: Thank you so much for letting us know about this issue you have encountered. Let me see what I can do for you today. Please give me a few minutes while I check the order.
[00:56:54] Doris: Thank you for waiting. Your order was shipped by UPS due to there are batteries included in your order the shipping method is upgraded so we can successfully deliver the order to your address. There might be a possibility that Fedex cannot ship the order due to high capacity of the batteries in your order.
[00:58:12] Tim: I did not pay for UPS and I agreed to shipping with fedex
[00:58:59] Doris: That is correct, we upgraded the shipping method for free so we can deliver the order successfully.
[00:59:38] Tim: I DID NOT AGREE to UPS
[01:03:54] Doris: I understand where you are coming from. But how can we deliver the order to you if Fedex cannot ship the order to your address due to restrictions? UPS is the only way to deliver the order. Fedex shipping charge is $24.60 while UPS is $26.88. We have arranged this for free so we can deliver the order to you even the delivery time is upgraded too. Fedex has 2 to 5 business days, Saturdays and Sundays are not included, while UPS has only 3 to 7 calendar days transit time from the date your order was posted.
[01:04:37] Tim: I will say it again.
[01:04:38] Tim: I DID NOT AGREE to UPS
[01:04:52] Tim: You broke the agreement.
[01:05:10] Tim: I was not told of this problem
[01:05:40] Tim: I DO NOT AGREE to UPS
[01:06:25] Doris: I understand, but how can we deliver the order if Fedex cannot deliver your order?
[01:06:45] Tim: You do not deliver.
[01:07:38] Tim: You notify of the problem and I cancel my order
[01:07:43] Tim: I DO NOT AGREE to UPS
[01:10:18] Doris: As I have mentioned UPS is the only way to ship the order to your address. The order is already posted and it is now being shipped to your address. We cannot cancel the order at this moment. If you want you can reject the order. Please be advised too that if you will reject the order, there will be deductions on the refund we will process for the order since the order is already shipped. It is strange that you do not want to deliver the order, we have even upgraded the shipping method for successful delivery and you do not want it. Other customers will be happy that their order will be delivered to them in shorts span of time.
[01:11:20] Tim: Why was I not notified?
[01:11:37] Tim: Who is your manager?
[01:14:39] Doris: There was no notification because we believe that we wanted to fulfill to deliver the order to you successfully since Fedex cannot ship your order. I'm so sorry if feel that way. We just wanted to deliver the order to you even there is restrictions.
[01:14:59] Doris: I'm so sorry but our manager is not available at this moment.
[01:15:37] Tim: I dont care what you "believe" You broke the TOS
[01:15:46] Tim: I will file clam with PayPal.
The transcript will be sent to "xxx@gmail.com".
The visitor has left the chat.
The chat is ended.
flybytim is online now Find More Posts by flybytim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2016, 11:47 AM
Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
AMA 636518 - FAA FA********
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
1,050 Posts
I hate Hobby King as much as the next guy, but as long as you get your battery does it really matter? Seems a bit harsh to file with paypal. Most people that bitch about them are usually bitching that they can't get the stuff to leave the warehouse for several weeks. You are ahead of the game I'd say.

Be grateful they didn't try to weasel that extra 2 bucks and change out of you.

You said you wanted advice, mine would be to chill. Don't use them next time. I don't.
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Old Jan 05, 2016, 01:37 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2014
125 Posts
So they banned my account. What I posted was all that was said.

Why would they ban my account?

This is so funny. These guys are a joke.
Last edited by flybytim; Jan 05, 2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2016, 02:07 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
4,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Craig View Post
I hate Hobby King as much as the next guy, but as long as you get your battery does it really matter? Seems a bit harsh to file with paypal. Most people that bitch about them are usually bitching that they can't get the stuff to leave the warehouse for several weeks. You are ahead of the game I'd say.

Be grateful they didn't try to weasel that extra 2 bucks and change out of you.

You said you wanted advice, mine would be to chill. Don't use them next time. I don't.
I don't know where the OP lives but if HK uses UPS rather than Fedex we in Canada can be hit with as much as the cost of goods in fees(please note, not duties and taxes which are payable, but actual UPS fees to their bogus brokerage firm) whereas with Fedex we know what the fees are or we can avoid them all together. Anyone with any experience in other countries besides the USA does not use UPS for "importing" from the US for personal stuff.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jan 05, 2016, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by JimNM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
8,273 Posts
OP is in Canada. Maybe the international warehouse would be best for him?

If FEDEX does not deliver to his address - and customer service found another way to get it to him, kudos to Customer Service. How wild would the tantrum be if CS cancelled the order and refunded the money????
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Jan 05, 2016, 04:58 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2014
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM View Post

If FEDEX does not deliver to his address - and customer service found another way to get it to him, kudos to Customer Service. How wild would the tantrum be if CS cancelled the order and refunded the money????
I order from Fedex all the time. I have never had a problem.

The fact is they change the shipping without notifying me. I didn't even get an email saying your order has shipped. Only by chance did I even notice that I had a tracking number. What if UPS shows up at my door demanding money from something I know nothing about. I reject the package and HK charges me for the shipping. Your damn right I will file a clam with PayPal.

Kudos to customer service only if they said this is the problem and this is how we are going to fix it. But no they just do what every they want and dont care how the customer feels.
Old Jan 06, 2016, 12:29 AM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
4,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM View Post

I am in Canada and I order from west, international, and even east shipped to US but I will be nervous now because UPS is a very bad deal to us.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jan 09, 2016, 09:50 PM View Post
adamrx7
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 08:13 AM
Lou
Find More Posts by Lou
Lou
Ground Penetration Tester
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
7,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybytim View Post
I have an order with hobbyking that was to ship with Fedex.

They ended up shipping with UPS without notifying me.

I agreed to Fedex not UPS. Is this not a break of TOS?
From what I read on their site the answer is: NO

And .... you have harmed yourself by getting your account banned. How will you do an RMA if you cannot get into your account? You will need to refuse the package and let it go back to HK. If you have the tracking key you may be able to electronically refuse the package before it gets to you.

Loosing your cool over essentially nothing will cost you a lot more than it will cost HK. They and other large vendors are not concerned in the least about loosing a customer. That is why they banned your account.

Incidentally, HK has Terms and Conditions, not TOS. You should have kept a cool head over this.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Jan 10, 2016 at 08:35 AM. Reason: pesky punctuation
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
2,132 Posts
I very much doubt HK don't mind losing a customer,it would make no sense at all for any vendor not to care about losing customers because they are the people that keep them going,no matter how big a vendor is they never want to lose a customer.

I've even seen Rob from HKCSNYC thread post that they never want to lose a customer,who knows it might be worth giving him a try,i'd send him a PM over on the HKCSNYC thread and see if he can help you out,not sure if it's to late as your account has now been banned but it might still be worth a try.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Dec 2013
815 Posts
We certainly do mind losing a customer for any reason, especially if there's something we can do to prevent it.

As to the OP, ok, I get it, you "DID NOT AGREE to UPS." Fair enough. But to make this much stink about switching/upgrading(?) the shipping for a perfectly logical reason, ie FedEx will NOT ship your package due to their lipo restrictions, please enlighten all of us as to why this is such a terrible situation for you. I'm not immune to how any customer "feels" but why do you feel this way?

As many on these forums know I'll do what I can to make this right for you... and that would be?

Rob
HK PS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2016, 04:31 PM
Lou
Find More Posts by Lou
Lou
Ground Penetration Tester
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
7,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC View Post
We certainly do mind losing a customer for any reason, especially if there's something we can do to prevent it.
Un-ban his account then.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2016, 04:44 PM
Joined Dec 2013
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Un-ban his account then.
I will, need his account info first...

Rob
HK PS NY
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2016, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by 3d guy
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Oct 2003
37 Posts
Rob, I have been a long time user of HK products. Most recently I received credit for a HK-GT2B transmitter that was defective . I was able to get a replacement from the east warehouse. (great) My problem is I can't get logged in to my HK account. When I get to the retrieve password page and request new pw I never get a e-mail from HK with that info. I have tried a number of times but have yet to get anything. Can you help?
3d guy is offline Find More Posts by 3d guy
Old Jan 13, 2016, 08:40 AM
Joined Dec 2013
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d guy View Post
Rob, I have been a long time user of HK products. Most recently I received credit for a HK-GT2B transmitter that was defective . I was able to get a replacement from the east warehouse. (great) My problem is I can't get logged in to my HK account. When I get to the retrieve password page and request new pw I never get a e-mail from HK with that info. I have tried a number of times but have yet to get anything. Can you help?
I can certainly help, PM me a recent order number, the email address you use on the HK site and relevant account info (address, phone) and I'll reset your PW.

Rob
HK PS NY
Site Sponsor