New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2016, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by oleost
From Norway
Joined Aug 2014
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamichx View Post
5 dollar battery and they want 40 dollars for delivery are these people retarded or what is going on here ? What am I missing ? Its delivery to EU. Never have ever seen such nonsense. From BG it would be free.
Sadly not small enough 2s battery that fits.
oleost is offline Find More Posts by oleost
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2016, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by jamichx
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
1,232 Posts
anything maybe up to 10 USD i would understand but 40 USD common I just cant get through this logic. what kind of logic is in this can anyone explain this to me please ?

the only thing I see is greed. do you see that also ? just for this reason I will never buy from this company. thanks God we do not have more of these greedy shops.
jamichx is online now Find More Posts by jamichx
Old Feb 04, 2016, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,092 Posts
I gave up on Hobby king several years ago. Some fine/ some DOA. Shipping isn't that great either. You save nothing when half batteries are bad. Blade stuff I can get parts under five days. Walkera helis have needed very little as per useage. CJ has been good here. Stuff I need but no hurry bang good.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:05 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,092 Posts
I have two V120D02s's. One stock/ one with HP08s. i may get another HP08s. Easy upgrade and adds power. Plus i have two bigger brothers V200D03. This never became popular due to complex assembly if damaged and shaft drive tail. Plus have cool older non Devo V100D01.
This little 100 sized heli has dual bl motors. Keep these with bl Mini c/p's and 4f200 LM. I was given V100D01 and both V200D03's. Plus recieved good amount of extra parts for them. Plus bough some myself.
Blade I have two bl Nano CP-X's/ plus new Stock Nano. Several good Mcp-X's. This will be end of micros for me. That said still have a long way to go with them. They are paid for/ been all flown alot and most are better then when new.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 02:07 AM
Find More Posts by Ascension
United Kingdom, Ipswich
Joined Oct 2013
76 Posts
for those that dont know the high price for shipping we are seeing re. lipo's is due to the new regs and hazardous materials which lipo's definitely are...if a vendor isnt charging extra for this they are likely breaking the law, HK need to bring those new batts to the regional warehouses [and they will as after doing some research they absolutely are the way forward]...
as things are iam moving away from 1s as iam sick and tired of the inherent limitations of it as i reckon 80% of my crashes now are caused by bogging out/lack of power even with upgrade 1s motors and new JST's
p.s. the 300mah 2s nanotechs will fit the stock landing gear with a bit of persuasion

this bird should have been 2s from the get go...
Ascension is offline Find More Posts by Ascension
Last edited by Ascension; Feb 13, 2016 at 02:16 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 03:28 AM
Find More Posts by jamichx
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
for those that dont know the high price for shipping we are seeing re. lipo's is due to the new regs and hazardous materials which lipo's definitely are...if a vendor isnt charging extra for this they are likely breaking the law, HK need to bring those new batts to the regional warehouses [and they will as after doing some research they absolutely are the way forward]...
as things are iam moving away from 1s as iam sick and tired of the inherent limitations of it as i reckon 80% of my crashes now are caused by bogging out/lack of power even with upgrade 1s motors and new JST's
p.s. the 300mah 2s nanotechs will fit the stock landing gear with a bit of persuasion

this bird should have been 2s from the get go...
depends where you shop. HK is overcharging like crazy but BG not. These batteries are free to deliver and If I want then with tracking number its 1.45 Euro. best deal I can ever get. BG rocks for me Its a shame they do not have all the items I need

http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-NEW-...-p-917610.html
jamichx is online now Find More Posts by jamichx
Last edited by jamichx; Feb 13, 2016 at 06:20 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by iuas
华科尔 R&D USA
Joined Aug 2014
51 Posts
good o' failthful heli pilots, here is the link to post your favorite classic and be a winner http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2607077

show off your retro, non HD photos of your favorite heli, time flies !.
iuas is offline Find More Posts by iuas
Old Feb 25, 2016, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by mtfg
Joined Apr 2008
18 Posts
hi there... I received my 120. And I use gy280. But motor didn't work properly and have very leak power. I decided the esc have a problem. Because of I tried another esc and motor work. Now I decided to buy new motor and esc. I use 1s battery. But later I want to use 2s. So I need 1 and 2s compatible parformance and cheap configuration....

Is there any advice?
mtfg is offline Find More Posts by mtfg
Old Feb 25, 2016, 08:02 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,092 Posts
HP08s comes in one cell and two cell versions. I don;'t think you can have it both ways. The one cell works fine with stock RX. Lader you could get two cell motor for GY 280 unit.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by mtfg
Joined Apr 2008
18 Posts
Yesterday I tried meyheli with turnigy plush 6a esc wich I have before. And I seen motor is working smootly. So I understand that motor haven't problem. But I tried esc with different motor. Result is negative. Mean I need 1s esc advice. By the way hasn't gy 280 work 1s?
mtfg is offline Find More Posts by mtfg
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:27 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,092 Posts
Turning V120 into two cell bird gets expensive. fFne some like to tinker and alls well. i liked my stock but did get HP08s one cell. This gave boost in power and no other mods needed. Flight times were not hurt and bird flew fine. Buying GY280/ different motor/ esc and what ever needed will double price of heli. Higher power/ head speed more damage if crashed.
Good luck.
Old Mar 08, 2016, 10:32 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,092 Posts
I see forum had gone to either Blade or clone things. Blade was bold and Cutos to them. My two V120D02's are flying fine. I had real bad month in Feb and things are better. I may get another HP08s for #1 V120. #2 has done well with the one cell version.
Both have been good flyers and held up reasonable. Tail servos do fail but takes alot of flying till they act up. More then enough warning. Cylics do do servo saver mod. I know cheap is name of manys game. 180 CF-X is hard to beat but can have issues. Any helis can have this with TT .
I have some extras for this heli but not a great deal. They should last awhile longer and fly them once in awhile.
Old Mar 09, 2016, 07:47 AM
Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
2,504 Posts
The 120D02s is certainly one of my favorite helis....lots of good memories flying them...have two at present ( would have three but gave one to Doc)....one is the hero from a memorable flight with stormy winds of over 75 km/h....the other I got from Dteel....both fly great...there is no substitute from really knowing a heli.....so that you can pinpoint where the problem is and fix it...of course, that happens after a ton of oooppps! Crashes....
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Mar 09, 2016, 10:14 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,092 Posts
Both of my V120's are still on original gears. Both have neon blades. With HP08s one cell motor gives me a solid flyer. stock is not as powerful but flys well. I am not going to dump bunch of $$ to make them into higher perfromece birds. First faster harder you go mmore damage happens. they are fine as is.
Old Mar 09, 2016, 01:48 PM
Find More Posts by lakodathecat
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Jan 2016
26 Posts
Metal Rotor Head - yes or no

I got a new v120d02s awhile ago. I ordered some spare parts just plain blades, links, etc. The guy I ordered them from sent me a Metal Rotor Head (Complete) for free, guess he's clearing out stock. It's $49.99 from Walkera. So I'm wondering if I should install it??? Can't find anything on the weight of it vs the stock. What do you guys think? It was free so if it will degrade the performance I don't think I want to install it since alot of metal parts weigh more then stock... It is from Walkera.
lakodathecat is offline Find More Posts by lakodathecat