HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
still a newbie

Hi fellow rcers so i just got a new dx8 with telemetry and a parkzone T28 is this a good starter plane i do have friends in the hobby what are your thoughts?
mdamage63 is offline Find More Posts by mdamage63
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:06 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,444 Posts
My thoughts?

1) Punctuation is useful when trying to convey a question.

2) The Trojan should be ok to start with if you have plenty of guidance and maybe someone to buddy-box with for the first few flights.

3) Punctuation is useful when trying to convey a question.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Apr 2010
973 Posts
My though is,is this a question or a statement?
alibongo is offline Find More Posts by alibongo
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:40 PM
Less Work More Play
Australia, VIC, Ferntree Gully
Joined Jan 2012
88 Posts
Hi mdamage,

The T28 is an excellent plane but not necessarily for the beginner. Like Butane says, if you have fellow fliers who are competent and can use a buddybox system you are in with a good chance. Don't try and fly the plane yourself as it will end in disaster.

If you want a good little plane to practice on by yourself look into a hobbyzone champ or even the ultra micro T-28. Both of these will bind directly to your DX8
LWMP is offline Find More Posts by LWMP
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:50 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,500 Posts
i can atest to the micro t-28. i logged alot of sim time and then flew it myself. great plane. once trimmed it is very easy to fly if you have put your time in.
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:20 PM
Chris “Fly Baby” Greenshields
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2012
28 Posts
That will be a good first plane. When you are ready to get your second plane in a couple of months I recommend you get a VQ Fly Baby ARF from Hobby People. It is my current plane and it flies great. Building an ARF as a second plane is a great idea to give you building experience and gives you the ability to put what ever kind of hardware you want inside.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...pan-ep-gp.html
GoBeach75 is offline Find More Posts by GoBeach75