Pete
mtflyr is offline Find More Posts by mtflyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:41 AM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,825 Posts
yeah Pete all is well .. finally devoted a room to my building and have been on a hot streak .. i can shut the door and keep the dogs and wife from destroying my builds .. those P-38s are looking great .. i need one of those ..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:10 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,150 Posts
Love it, but that pushrod right out in the middle.....
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:16 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Nice GeeBee Vyceroy.

Here is something I have been working on for UM Mosquito innards. When I got the first motor in I discovered that the motor leads will not reach the radio compartment and am in the prosses of scaling the cut files down to 87% to make her plug and play.

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:22 PM
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,400 Posts
when you figure it out pmpjohn if you offer this as a airframe i will buy one,
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:40 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,825 Posts
John thats a great little TigerCat .. i have been thinking of doing one out of balsa with the same gear
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:47 PM
Hmm, I wonder If this will fly
United States, FL, Port Charlotte
Joined Jul 2004
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Back to rags The dual aileron setup doesnt work after all

At first I just plugged some servos in and tested if they moved when flicking the switches/sticks, which they did, however I didnt pay attention to the direction they were moving.

After setting everything up properly the ailerons were actually moving in the same direction, but so were the flaps

So now I have a difficult choice to make:

Run dual ailerons with flaps, and have elevator/flap mixing. However only one aileron will have the gyro on it.

or

Connect the ailerons with a Y harness both running with the gyro. However loose the flaps and mixing.

or

Switch off the as3x and keep the flaps and mixing.

What would you guys do

you'll be fine with only one aileron acting as gyro controlled it will need a slightly higher setting to get the same effect but will not cause a problem in flight...
I've not played with the asx3's programing, but i have used gyros in many models for many different reasons. I've had 2, 1/12 scale mustangs that only had a the gyro controlling one aileron.
killerproblem is offline Find More Posts by killerproblem
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined May 2010
91 Posts
Here is my UMX Jet.

Infos, Plan, Pictures of the build ca be found in my thread in the scratchbuild forum

ciao
Mardi
mardimardigras is offline Find More Posts by mardimardigras
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:17 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Kelloggair If she flies well I will offer kits.

Vyceroy..One of these days I will do a balsa build. Kinda got spoiled with foam, no covering required.

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:33 PM
Ozark,AR
Joined Nov 2005
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardimardigras View Post
Here is my UMX Jet.

Infos, Plan, Pictures of the build ca be found in my thread in the scratchbuild forum

ciao
Mardi
Hey Mardi,,
That is a nice looking jet. Are you getting good thrust with that prop? I tried a little 4" prop from a micro cub of some sort. It flew my jet ok but nothing great. Since then I put the prop on that is used on the 4 site, had to trim 1/4" off each end, but hoping it works better. Waiting on the wind.
Jeff
arauser is offline Find More Posts by arauser
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:54 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,019 Posts
Valiant, I vote for:

Run dual ailerons with flaps, and have elevator/flap mixing. However only one aileron will have the gyro on it.

Just like killerproblem said.

I don't think one aileron on the gyro will be a problem at all.
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:13 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,705 Posts
Dbacon & killer,

Unfortunately its too late now, Ive soldered my ailerons together and covered them in carbon fiber vinyl.

I think I will have plenty of elevator authority as it is, so the mixing would have been overkill and I can always mechanically set the flaps down before flight when I want to fly slow. My little muzzy would have been pretty cool fully optioned though, oh well maybe the next one.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Has any one ever had trouble programing an ar6400? I know how to do it and I have done it plenty of times in the past but my mosquito brick wont let me program it anymore, and its stuck with the xport and BL mode active, so Im down 2 channels at the moment
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:17 PM
Joined May 2010
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arauser View Post
Hey Mardi,,
That is a nice looking jet. Are you getting good thrust with that prop? I tried a little 4" prop from a micro cub of some sort. It flew my jet ok but nothing great. Since then I put the prop on that is used on the 4 site, had to trim 1/4" off each end, but hoping it works better. Waiting on the wind.
Jeff
Its o.k. - i do not get vertical flight. Nothing great but for indoors it is o.k.

ciao
Mardi
mardimardigras is offline Find More Posts by mardimardigras
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:22 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Has any one ever had trouble programing an ar6400? I know how to do it and I have done it plenty of times in the past but my mosquito brick wont let me program it anymore, and its stuck with the xport and BL mode active, so Im down 2 channels at the moment
Are you using a completely clean model memory to try to reprogram it?
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:40 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
Are you using a completely clean model memory to try to reprogram it?
Yeah I tried that and ensured that nothing was reversed, no TX switches were flicked down, no mixing, all travel adjusts are set at 100%.

This problems totally got me stumped
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX